[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tires motherfucker, do you speak it!?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: uniroyal.jpg (41 KB, 381x444) Image search: [Google]
uniroyal.jpg
41 KB, 381x444
just picked up a new set of tires for my shitbox.

Uniroyal Tiger paw touring TT.

The clerk told me that they are pretty quality.
>>
>>13881223

>Listens to the clerk

Yeah.. wanna have mine too? i mean they are worn a bit but they are good though, will sell them for 50 bucks each.
>>
>>13881252
i looked at the rating with him. and i looked at the website ratings and reviews after i bought them. I needed tires, and i was willing to spend a shitload, and these were the best ones i saw. I drive for a living, and when im not working, im driving like a motherfucker, so i need good tires.

I took a chance and went for it. Whats the general consensus from /o/ about uniroyal?
>>
>>13881273
They're trash.
>>
>>13881273
Honestly not even saying this because you bought these, but Uniroyals are horrible. Had a set of Tigerpaws on a trailer and one blew out after a couple hundred miles, a few months later the shop recalled all of the Tigerpaws they had sold in the last x months. It's best to just stick with Michelin/Pirelli/Bridgestone unless you're looking for slicks/R888s.
>>
>>13881322
>>13881321
mother fuck. im literally gonna kill myself. the uniroyal website said the rating was pretty good. I spent a lot on these fuckers.

Whats the toppest tier tire to get? whats R888s?
>>
>>13881397
>the uniroyal website said the rating was pretty good.
Are you an idiot?
>Whats the toppest tier tire to get?
Just buy Bridgestone shitbox tires.
>>
File: 3465.png (93 KB, 209x325) Image search: [Google]
3465.png
93 KB, 209x325
>>13881397

Toyo PROXES R888 i believe. they look like this
>>
>>13881397
The manufacturers website isnt gonna talk shit on its own product

>tirerack.com jesus christ
>>
>>13881223
>I just bought the tires that every used car dealer puts on used cars! They must be good right?
This must be b8
>>
>>13881397
R888s are the biggest meem tire
>>
>>13881425
its not sadly. im just retarded and needed good tires.

>>13881433
they look pretty cool here though >>13881410
>>
>>13881397
Kumhos are the est cheap tires
>>
>>13881223
good quality for economy, maybe. modern summer tires = more grip than you'll need for street. notice the difference between that and this? also important is how hard the tire is. soft tire = grip but fast wear, hard tire = nogrip but long life
>>
>>13881434
Well, learn from this.
Ask before you buy next time brah.
They should last a while at least.
>>
>>13881434
they look very good but they are overrated performance wise.
they're a 12 yr old design ffs.
R888R will be better but the R888 is maybe 1% better in the dry compared to its competition and 99% worse in the dry.
>>
I just pulled a set of those of my DD. They're super slick once the sipes wear out of the single center tread... Then you have a big slick band in the center with about 5/32 of tread left. Was pissed that a mk6 jetta spun these on even easy pull outs with that much tread left
>>
Should I only be getting good brands like Bridgestone or Michelin for my car? What specific models? I wish there was like a /o/ wiki or FAQ for this
>>
>>13881492
Were your tires overinflated?
>>
>>13881433
>not every pirelli
>>
>>13881498
Not at all. 33psi all day
>>
>>13881504
thats overinflated lol 20-25 is best
>>
File: IMG_20151117_184708.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151117_184708.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
>>13881511
Source for your psi rhetoric?
>>
I tend to prefer Goodyear, I've had good luck with them. I've got Eagle RS-A's on my Subaru and I think I'm going to buy them again when they're worn out. They're pretty nice tires and have lasted for quite a while while still being grippier than a normal all-season should be.

>>13881511
There is no general under/overinflated psi. Put in what the sticker on your driver door/door sill says, and if you're going to drive in sand/snow let a little bit out. I usually run 36 in front and 34 in rear because the front is where most of the weight is and for dem emm pee gee's.
>>
>>13881425
We mount Yokohama Avid S tires on our preowned cars where I work.
>>
>>13881541
>Eagle RS-A
These are garbage, wtf. An R18 Civic automatic can spin these in the wet.
>>
>>13881573
>Subaru
It can barely spin those tires on wet or gravel, it's AWD with only 165hp. They're just fine for a daily that doesn't get autocrossed or raced, and anything grippier would get lower fuel economy.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.