[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's a good car state? I really want to move out of commiefornia,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: death.jpg (56 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
56 KB, 540x540
what's a good car state?
I really want to move out of commiefornia, where my br/o/s at?
>>
>>13881179
Depends on what you want.
>>
Anything but Commiefornia.
>>
File: DSC_1000_Death_Grips_640.jpg (47 KB, 618x400) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1000_Death_Grips_640.jpg
47 KB, 618x400
>>13881179
GET SO FUCKING DARK IN HERE
COME THE
FUCK APART IN HERE
AAAAAAAIIIIIIIH
DIEINTHEPROCESS
YOOOOOOOUUU
DIEINTHEPROCESS
KILLADOPEROPE
HAAAARD SHIT
FUCK I SAID FUCK I DONT START SHIT
>>
What are your criteria? Do you care about winter /salt? Do you want an abundance of curvy roads? Lax modification laws?
>>
>>13881179
>moving out of the best state, and best driving state in the world

You fucktarded republiscum belong in the shithole that is the American South.
And it is an impoverished shithole.
>>
>>13881237
I can see someone being fed up with CARB and, well, Californians.
>>
>>13881237
But the south is without a doubt the best place for driving

>no emissions
>no safety inspections
>cops dgaf about the speed limit
>lift your truck as high as you want, they don't care
>sound laws are not enforced

Only downside is dealing with rednecks, but trust me, some rednecks are funny as fuck, and it's funnier watching them wreck their shit going 'Hold my beer and watch this'
>>
>>13881219
>Do you care about winter /salt?
would be nice, but california's really the best place to avoid that.

>Do you want an abundance of curvy roads?
> Lax modification laws?
yes.

>>13881237
you don't need to be a republican to realise california polices are cancer.
>>
>>13881260
I guess it depends how redneck your southern state is

Texas has emissions testing in most major cities, yearly inspections, speed traps left and right, and they'll give you a ticket if you're driving through a neighborhood with your stereo too loud

Also, everyone from California is moving here because the cost of living is about 1/3
>>
File: trump.jpg (192 KB, 615x431) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
192 KB, 615x431
>>13881278
don't move to the south and vote democrat please.
>>
>>13881298
or vote for Ben Carson, the guy who is probably going to win the republican nominee anyway.
>>
>>13881309
So you're saying, might as well vote for Hillary?
>>
>washington
hills, hip people (or trash people outside the city), cool cars, touge, asian street race culture. more money for mods so cars might be better builds on average

>colorado
hill, touge, trucks, offroad, subarus, high as the fuck, 420 smoke weed errrday, outdoors stuff to do. I dont think street race culture is as big, and i dont kn ow of any good race tracks or races held there

>middwest (all of them)
trucks, fast murrica muscle, cool old rednecks with crazy projects, city slickers have them imports. Mid ohio, road of america, bunch of good tracks but far apart, close to everything if you can travel a lot for races.

>east coast
its exactly the same as fast and furious. White trash (not the same as rednecks. MUCH WORSE) once out of the cities. Lots of good tracks, cops are gay and will rape your butt.

>texas
muscle, tuner, imports all well represented. Lots of really fast cars, tons of automotive culture. Lots to do auto related. F1 motogp at circuit of the Americas. hills if you want them in mid/west texas. Austin is cool place

>florida
flat as the fuck, no touge. Really historic and important race tracks seabring, daytona. THE FIRM if into rally. Tons of circle track racing. Lots of modified cars. Street racing everywhere. Ricers. Lots of weird people doing weird stuff with their cars. Not to many rednecks/white trash if you stay in the cities. nothing much on the interior.

If i had a choice id live in Atlanta. Road Atlanta is fantastic. Lots of ghetto booty to eat like groceries. Rich white people everywhere. Tail of the dragon is a day trip. Ring around atl is pretty much american Wangan
>>
>>13881298
I'm fiscally conservative, and socially liberal, minus the sjw stuff. hows that? registered as a democrat, but I'm not really.
>>
>>13881338
ur a filthy slime. don't ruin our south
>>
>>13881318
>fast and furious
i meant need for speed lol
>>
>>13881179
California's pretty fucking good for driving once you get out of the metro areas? Have you ever got out of the metro areas anon? Or have you spent almost all of your life in the LA basin?
>>
Wisconsin is pretty good. Basic registration is only about $75. It gets very icy but if you arent a total retard you should be alright. If your car has heat, you will be just fine. Only downfall is dealing with Illinois drivers.
>>
>>13881353
>>13881338
stand with rand reporting in, libertarianism is best
>>
>>13881318
>tfw Atlanta
Never heard of ring around atl tho
>>
File: 012.jpg (218 KB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
218 KB, 720x450
>>13881746
Oh wait you meant 285. Yeah pretty much is
>tfw no highway cruiser to run 285 loop
>>
>>13881446
Can you shoot guns out of the bed of a truck going down the road
>>
>>13881179

Used to live in Kansas. Best state for cars I've ever lived in.

Zero emissions or safety inspections. None.

They just run the VIN on your body and engine to make sure it's not reported stolen and you're good.

No front plate

Lots of straights for top speed runs

More backwoods twisties than you'd ever expect. People get the idea that KS is nothing but open fields and rolling tumbleweeds but that's far from the case.
>>
>>13881858
downside?

living in Kansas
>>
Your so spoiled by cali you dont know every else sucks. The yay area has one of the best car cultures ever. I forget about it but my town has like 30 tuning shops, thats just Santa Rosa.
>>
>>13881858
Colorado is the same except the front plate.

Except the cops are dicks, never been pulled over and not gotten a ticket.

Actually no. Colorado sucks don't move there. We don't need more Californians [or Texans for that matter]
>>
Should come to Australia OP
Show and shines everywhere
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMK9K1vJKFs
Burnouts
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7It81_habgs
Rotaries
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1hBfBH0CWo
Drifting
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGvDRCB3HQo
V8 supercars
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQRm_LtoIuM
V8 utes
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvyCzd0Dhmk
Touring car masters
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5itSmkZoIc
Muscle car masters
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS_8n0tXA1s
Aussie racing cars
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSMO4UyjXZU
Porsche careera cup
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bs7FlPqvV8
Seriously Australia is like the best country in the world if you love cars.
>>
>>13881932
god damn

I love australia
>>
>>13881932
Nanny island thought
>>
>>13881746
>>13881818
lel yeah 285
>>
>>13881954
Honestly i would trade car culture for "muh gunss" any day of the week.
>>
>>13881565
>dealing with Illinois drivers
So much this
>>
>>13881906
This.
I moved from San Jose to South Carolina.

The rest of the nation past Colorado Iis a fucking shithole.

Spoiled being born and raised in Cali. The south sucks so much cock.

Being able to carry a gun into a Burger King legally doesn't even come close yo making up for the level of shit tier everything else is here.

Southerners fucking boil hamburger to make chili out of ketchup.

PIG DISGUSTING

Waffle House is fucking BASED tho. And the women are whores. Southern Hospitality is a nice way of saying that their women fuck on the first date.

Smashed so much southern poon just for being from not here.
>>
>>13881892
Downsides are

>Suburban East KS (Johnson County) cops use Laser for speed traps. Cops in this part are complete dicks too. Looking for any excuse to pull folks over.

>Any hunk of junk might be on the road at any time, thus increasing the chance of a collision with someone who has a very poorly maintained car.

>Even though there are no inspection requirements, laws still apply. So if you're planning on running a car without headlights... You can get it registered, but still may get pulled over/ticketed for improper equipment.
>>
File: 3550278394_0c4dd51990_b.jpg (443 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
3550278394_0c4dd51990_b.jpg
443 KB, 1024x768
Another downside is the Wisconsin State Patrol, if you are unlucky enough to get pulled over by a trooper, at least up north here, you WILL get a ticket. 100% Probability.
>>
>>13881179
arizona
>>
>>13882023
> Waffle House is fucking Based
My nigga
>>
Montana is pretty nice, some good mountain roads, not a whole lot of cops. Everyone drives like your grandma and there is fuck all to do here besides drink or ski in the winter.
>>
Florida, if you choose the right part
>no inspections
>flat roads everywhere
>same temp pretty much all year round
>no need for snow tires
>no rust
>>
>>13881842
judging by the state of the signs in the sierras/modoc county/trinity area I'd say yes
>>
>>13881260

> Driving
> Roads
> Lifted trucks

> One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong
>>
>>13881260
>implying a shit load of lifted trucks going slow as fuck through anywhere that isn't straight and rolling coal is something that you want while driving
>implying that you'll like sound laws being unenforced when it's some jackass in your neighborhood straight piping or whistle tipping at three in the fucking morning
>>
Come to New Mexico OP
>no inspection
>no front plate
>equal ammounts twisty mountain paths and open space
>climate is perfect for car preservation, never goes above 100 degrees more than a week
Half of ABQ seems to daily something 30+ years old

Just dont speed on the main interstates, they will catch you with a plane, watch for the speed markers on the shoulders, drunk driving is also rampant.
>>
>>13881179
Guillotine
EEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY
YA!
>>
>>13881932
fucking australia sometimes i wish to live there
>>
>>13881309
That nigger will get btfo by Rubio. I really hate Carson. I'd rather have Clinton or Barnie Sandlers than that fucktard.

The last 2 debates were fucking interesting.
>>
>>13881318

Do you know if theres any good curvy roads in nj or Pensilvania?
>>
>>13882756

PA has some cool roads, plenty of hills and rolling mountains, scenic most of the year also.

It's also one of the worst maintained road systems in the country and the Turnpike Commission is frequently having corruption scandals.

On some of those awesome twisted two lane blacktops you always have the chance of turning a corner and seeing an Amish cart and horse in front of you doing a much slower speed. A UPS semi truck smacked one of them a few months back here. This depends on your area, of course. And they're generally not an issue, aside from they're slow and black (but do have LED markers as required).

Fucking. Road. Salt.

Used car prices are inflated because everything old has a body and undercarriage that you can see through.

Yearly inspections. Emissions inspection varies depending on county (Yes/No) and is a blatant money grab.

Also Pittsburgh roads, traffic, and people will make you wish for a swift death.
>>
>>13881179
West Virginia oozes in car culture, but most people here are too poor to afford the latest and greatest so there are alot of classics.
>>
File: KIMG0118[1].jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0118[1].jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>13882286
this

Emissions testing in the city only. If you live out in bumfuck nowhere or any of the smaller areas, there's no emissions.

In Tucson there is emissions testing. If it's 97 or newer they just plug it in and you're good to go. Out on the edge of the city there are some nice country roads and the city is surrounded by mountains if that's your thing. No front plates, no safety inspections (although some people need them), no one uses blinkers, most (all?) of the red light cameras are shut off, no snow or salts, and it's an eight hour drive from san diego.

The downside is of course the hot as fuck summers and the fucking snowbirds in the winter.
>>
Arizona, stay away from Phoenix and there is no emissions testing. Rust free everything, plenty of twisty roads and plenty of long straight roads for your driving preference.
>>
>>13881318

Don't forget the Alphertta autobaun
>>
>>13881179
Alabama in some counties. In mine, literally no emissions testing and nobody gives a shit about loud exhaust.
>>
>>13882251
I regularly hoon in Wisconsin around the Mississippi on great river road and the county roads. Am I fucked? Haven't seen many patrol cars around.
>>
Illinois. Specifically northwest suburbs of Chicago. You're never more than a 2 hour drive from whatever tickles your motoring fancy. From 4 drag strips to multiple twisty tracks. Also lots of tuning shops and engine builders
>>
>>13883299
Nah, you arent going to see Troopers on country or back roads, their main focus is highways and interstates. The only thing you need to worry about is Sherriffs Deputies on country roads. Biggest piece of advice for driving up here is dont have an obnoxiously loud car. Loud trucks are OK, but Loud cars are not. Dont ask me why, I have no fucking clue.
Hope this helps
>>
>>13881179
Florida.
>>
>>13883350
Thanks. My car isn't too loud. Exhaust is stock and I drive pretty conservatively for hooning. Along the river is beautiful compared to boring as fuck Minnesota.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 293x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 293x225
The filthy traditional custom of AICHI prefecture in Japan

(AICHI includes TOYOTA & NAGOYA City.

Never Tokyo, Osaka, nor Kyoto areas)

Eating and drinking in toilet room!!

Eew!!

Disgusting!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.asahicom.jp/articles/images/AS20150825003969_comm.jpg

http://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/001/058/11/N000/000/000/125163757167316428636.jpg

http://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/001/058/11/N000/000/000/125163759104716310874.jpg

http://suzuki-tokei.up.seesaa.net/image/2012-09-182010.21.20.jpg

http://blog-imgs-27.fc2.com/d/e/l/delll/20080826082154.jpg
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 250x257) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 250x257
>>13883449
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 781x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 781x800
>>
>>13881237
>commiefornia
>not an impoverished mexican /multicultural/ shithole

>>13881260
Rednecks are infinitely better than a bunch of white guilt libtards
>>
>>13883379
this
>>
>>13885082
>Rednecks are infinitely better than a bunch of white guilt libtards

only if you're from the same white trash bin
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.