[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often do you align your wheels /o/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Wheel-Alignment.jpg (213 KB, 1508x1200) Image search: [Google]
Wheel-Alignment.jpg
213 KB, 1508x1200
How often do you align your wheels /o/?
>>
>>13880911
When I notice a weird pull or uneven wear
>>
File: 555-come-on-now.jpg (34 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
555-come-on-now.jpg
34 KB, 338x305
>not having self-aligning dynamic-geometry suspension
>>
>>13880911
Aligning your wheels is a meme. It's just a scam to get more of your money. All you really have to do is basically use a protractor to measure the wheel angle. If it's not 0º then just use a hammer to put it back in place. It's not that hard.
>>
>>13880926
This is what I do desu

I also just use water instead of antifreeze
>implying i need atifreeze when it doesn't get cold enough here to freeze water
>>
>>13880911
Every time I get new tires. Barely more than an inspection. Expensive tires don't get destroyed to save $150, only have to do it once every other year. Unless I have to repair suspension or steering parts
>>
>>13880938
This. If it hovers around that freezing point, just add salt to the water. It lower the freezing point to at least 28ºF.
>>
>>13880938
>>13880952
Doesn't it also lower the boiling point?
>>
>>13881279
Kinda. The system being pressurized does that too.
Theres a math formula for it that I forget!
>>
>>13881293
Boiling points raise under pressure, idiot. No, salt does not affect the boiling point and, no, you shouldn't add salt to your cars cooling system.
>>
>>13881308
rly nigga
>>
>>13880911
I get them aligned once when I buy them and never again(unless I see specific wear due too much camber).
Thing is, when I get some decent shocks and springs or coilovers, I'll definitely get an alignment done, but not electronically.
^This sentence was shitty, but I got my point across.
>>
Several times in one day is the record.

The last time the alignment guy takes me for a spin in my own car. Proves to me its done good.

...I agree with him.

Says it might be a sticky brake.

Good finish my man.

Car still pulls to the left to this day.
>>
>>13881308
>>13881313

He's right, you shouldnt use salt at all. Maple syrup works the best and it protects longer than the corrosion inhibitors mixed in most long life antifreeze jugs.
>>
I think it's funny that people call it a wheel alignment and get it confused with wheel balancing. Always have people at the shop wanting an alignment yet are baffled we don't take the wheels off.
>>
>>13881308
Oh really? Pic related.

>>13881706
Wheel balancing it a meme too. You don't need to take it to a shop to balance it. All you need are a bunch of pennies and some scotch tape. If you look at the wheel from the top view, you can see where isn't perfectly round. Just tape some pennies to it to counter the unevenness. It's simple really!
>>
>>13882107
freezing point =/= boiling point
>>
>owned 7 cars
>never did an alignment on any of them

used to have an sc300 and would always do mad drifts in it and the alignment would get fucked up, but after a while it would straight out by itself
>>
Twice a year, or when I do any suspension work, or have to drop the subframe for maintenance.

you'll be surprised how much you can throw your toe off my simply removing the k member.
>>
i just did a couple thousand miles ago when GS400guy installed my tires

shit i still need to get a torque wrench so i can do a rotation in a few thousand...had to dig in to my savings account to get those hankooks
>>
>>13883547
>let a stancefag touch his car

Lol
>>
>>13880926
>use a hammer to put it back in
>>
>>13880952
>just add salt to the water
>implying people on /o/ are stupid enough to try this
probs right tbqfh family.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.