[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
buy a car for 3-5k pounds+affordable insurance? hey brothers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: sti.jpg (206 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
sti.jpg
206 KB, 1600x1200
buy a car for 3-5k pounds+affordable insurance?
hey brothers and sisters of /o/
I'm a 19 year old student in the UK.
I'm dying to have my own car but all I hear is that it's way too expensive. help me /o/
>>
its way too expensive
Get a moped

No i wont help you because they only help you need is financial.
>>
>>13880542
fuckmylife.jpeg
>>
>>13880467
Just buy a cheap shitbox to run around in for the first year. No point in spending anything over £700 as it'd cost about £1k to insure, no matter what you drive. Look on Autotrader and it's stuffed with shitboxes in that price range.
Get a years no claims, then consider buying a decent motor.
>>
>>13880667
fuck you
why browse o
>you should be miserable for a year
go fuck yoruself
>>
Get a volvo.
>>
>>13880675
I love you.

Life's shit until you've got some no claims. Insurance just loves to rape young drivers, and there's always a steady stream of fresh meat.

You do know you can have fun in a shitbox, right? When you run out of talent and stuff it into a hedge, you can just floor it and not have to worry about the paintwork.
>>
>>13880467
Get an old Fiesta. Late 90s-early 00s. Run that for a year or two so you're not destroying anything expensive with your shitty new-driver habits.

Then get a newer one when you've got a job.
>>
>>13880712

but i want to be takumi
takumi didn't drive a fwd shitbox from the 90s
i dont want to only have fun with cars when im in my 40s
>>
>>13880727
BMW 3 series. Get one of them for about 3600. Can then crash that into a lamp post, as you attempt to be cool to the teenage girls drinking cheap cider.
>>
>>13880743
>3600???
Meant £600
>>
>>13880467
Insurance for old beetles shouldn't be that expensive even in bong land. You're also not likely to get into a high speed wreck in one, and even if you do fuck up and damage a door, it's not the end of the world to replace it with one of a different color.
Also they're really easy to work on, and get decent mpgs. If you absolutely need speakers velcro a couple of bluetooth ones behind the rear seats and store them in the glovebox when you're not using them or something.
>>
>>13880743
I'm American
Is this real advice ?

>>13880798
Is this real advice? Buy a 70s beetle instead of a civic for $1000 more or a BMW for $1500 more?

I gotta highway
>>
>>13880866
3 series are cheap as fuck here. So cheap, if you crash it, or it's fucked, you just buy another

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/bmw/3_series/postcode/gu211ff/radius/1501/sort/default/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew
>>
>>13880886
E36 318is is $2700
Ek civic is $2100
Vw beetle is $1000
>>
>>13880866
You can hit 70mph in a beetle, it just takes some time. Stay in the slow lane is what I'm saying
>>
>>13880916
OP is in UK. Prices are a lot lower than that. Plus, finding an old beetle for your price, ,will mean it's beat to shit and not worth filling up with petrol.
They are surprisingly expensive here
>>
fuck y'all 'muricans ... love your cars .. soo cheap
>>
>>13881416
I hate our cars
I wish there was a cheap rwd jap car I could buy
>>
File: image.jpg (370 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
370 KB, 1280x853
>>13880676
This is always the answer
>>
>>13880467
civic/corolla
>>
>>13880467
Buy what you want to buy. The enjoyment of a car you like will offset the crazy costs you'll have.

If you don't look after it, it will be even more expensive.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.