[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/ I really need your help right now.. I drive a F30 model
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Hey /o/ I really need your help right now.. I drive a F30 model 320i and today we had some heavy rains where I live and my street ended up being flooded.

Like the complete moron I am I ventured through not realizing how deep it would actually end up being.. At its worst the water reached the bottom of my headlights and covering 90% of my wheels. The engine definitely started sounding off due to the exhaust being blocked.

I drove in these conditions for not more than 5 minutes but I'm currently scared shitless. The car did not have any water in the interior and the engine never stopped. So my question is what is the best case and worst case scenario here? In other words How fucked am i?

Pic rel. Almost the same water level I drove through today just a little bit less
>>
I would've kept it running for a while that way you can make sure all the water is clear from the system.
>>
>>13878590

Yh I completely panicked and just parked it on a high ground about 15 mins away from home. The problem is since then the rain became worse and now I can't even go check on it.
>>
>>13878580
>>13878580
As long as it was still running when you shut the car off you should be fine, the biggest fear is when the car shuts off while traversing the high water. When that happens it's usually due to hydrolock which ruins the engine.

Worst case scenario when you go to start the car something that wasn't supposed to get wet won't let the car start until it's dried. We've had many a thread here about peoples cars not starting after washing the engine bay.
>>
>>13878607

Thank you mate you have no idea how much I fucking needed this.

In any case I will go to the service center after this shit blows over and ask them to check everything.

Just one thing Im now remembering is that the temperature gauge did get pretty low when I was driving through the water.. Is that normal?
>>
>>13878580

yo your engine is probably fine but you should make sure no water is trapped in a body panel or whatever. rust sucks, just dry everything.
>>
>>13878625
NP, but just a bit of advice. Never drive through standing water unless you're sure how deep it is, especially if it's running water.

>>13878630
>brand new car
>rusting from getting wet

Not going to happen.
>>
File: 12845Xpert.png (132 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
12845Xpert.png
132 KB, 500x369
>>13878625
>Is that normal?
Cold water will plummet temperatures like nothing else, that goes more machines, humans, lava, cacti and just about anything else. Metal and water transfer heat between themselves very quickly, so seeing the temperature gauge drop is expected.

TL;DR - Yes.
>>
>>13878625
>In any case I will go to the service center after this shit blows over and ask them to check everything.
I would advise against this. IMO if everything is ok after the rain and the cars starts I wouldn't go telling the dealer that I drove through high water. That's just a reason for them to try to deny a warranty claim if anything is actually wrong.
>>
>>13878661
Never speak of this day again.
Just keep telling yourself it never happened
>>
File: received_10152699615002792.jpg (116 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
received_10152699615002792.jpg
116 KB, 960x720
>>13878607
This desu.
I've hydrolocked 2 motors, both shut off in the water. If you made it through, you're probably fine. For peace of mind you could see if there's any water in the intake or intake tract.

Pic related, last time I hydrolocked it bent every exhaust valve in the head, but lower end was fine. Replaced with upgraded heads and intake and have not been happier.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.