[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else feel an indescribable amount of shame when they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1431208889747.jpg (12 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
1431208889747.jpg
12 KB, 291x343
Does anyone else feel an indescribable amount of shame when they fuck up on the road? Was coming home from work today and was making a right on red. Nobody was to the left or oncoming, and when I went to make the turn there was suddenly a truck coming at me laying on the horn. Was my fault, didn't check every lane or something, but it seriously came out of fucking nowhere. Felt like shit about it all night.
>>
I know how that feels.
I try to meet with friends or do something at home so I can forget about it.
>>
>>13878208
when i fuck up i just do something fully sikk to redeem myself.
>>
On my way home, I dumped my gas all the way down to the ground with my traction control off at 30mph.
The whole ass end kicked out and I'm driving an 18 foot long car.
It sure did feel pretty cool though. But it scared the shit out of me.

If there hadn't been a cop sitting behind the local highschool I would have done my hectic skidz back there. But noooooo.
>>
I feel the most utter shame. I feel that everyone in a 100km radius knows that I'm a rapist, and all I can do is bow my head.
>>
I checked my engine oil once.
At a gas station.
While my car was running.
Around a bunch of car guys who are the car friends of my car friends.
I choked up in explaining myself.

It was like 4 in the morning and I had this sudden urge to take care of my car.
>>
>TFW not thinking and don't indicate once
Feel like hanging myself or just running the car into a tree at a million miles an hour
>>
>try to take a corner at 140 km/h
>end up in the opposing lane, 5 cm from the soft shoulder
>>
>>13878248
So much this
>>
Yes.
Even in Euro Truck Simulator when I fuck up I feel like throwing myself out the window so in real life it's ten times worse.
>>
>>13878208
Always.
I feel like the scumbag driver everyone always talks shit about
>>
>>13878208
Even minor mistakes make me feel like that asshole people make fun of with their friends/family/coworkers
>>
>>13878208
Only appropriate thread,

I just got into a fender bender a couple of minutes ago. It was my fault as I live in Florida and I was the person to hit him from behind. The guy was older, got out of his car, took one look at his car, noticed there was no damage to his rear bumper, waved his hand, and then got in his car and drove away.

I drove home. my car SEEMS to be running fine and it got me home. My front bumper is certainly a little loose when I tug on it, and there's a bit of a crack where I hit his trailer hitch.

What do I do? I'm pretty shaken up right now I'm trying to calm down. Do I let my insurance company know? Do I file a police report?
Help.
>>
Just happened

>stuck behind minivan doing 40 in a 55 two lane, already dark out
>looks clear up ahead
>speed up and change lanes to pass
>almost in front
>see faint lights peering through sides of what looks like a shadow
>ohshit.jpg
>slam brakes and get behind minivan
>stanced douchebag in a charcoal civic driving with no lights

Feel stupid and a little shaken at the same time.
>>
File: 1413525689490.jpg (122 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1413525689490.jpg
122 KB, 728x636
>making left turn
>arrow turns green
>stall car
>>
>>13879473
Go back to where it happened and try to find your testicles. Reattach them right away!!
>>
>tfw you stall your car while people are watching

Just kill me.
>>
>>13879473
Let it go. Get it checked out if you think there's a problem, you know, fix it. But otherwise, he didn't care (or had no insurance), why would you report it?

I learned to drive in Chicago, and tapped two bumpers. They both let it go, and I'm a much safer driver now, and thankful for not having that shit on file.

People make mistakes. Some people are kind enough to realize that.

Also, a big part of why I'm a better driver now was letting go of my anxiety on the road and knowing I and others will fuck up. Being able to handle problems calmly keeps them from getting worse.
>>
>>13881047

It's always the night coloured cars.

No one with a day glow orange car drives with their lights off.
>>
>>13881106
>tapped two bumpers

Is this an actual thing? Do some people have such bad depth perception that they actually "tap" other cars' bumpers when they're learning to drive?
>>
>>13879473
Do not file anything with anyone. Maybe your insurance will cover it. Maybe you can tell them you left it in a parking lot and have no idea who did it. Maybe not.

Either way, if your insurance covers it, your rates will go up for a while and you will pay more in the long run.
>>
>>13881101
>tfw race clutch
>tfw cams

At this point I don't even care, I've made myself numb to the embarrassment of stalling.
>>
>>13879473
>old guy was cool
don't report it. the cops will not care and it will raise your rates. repair it yourself.
most modern bumpers are a plastic cover wrapped over a piece of styrofoam. u can probably get both at a salvage yard or a pick-and-pull for cheap
>>
>>13879473
that happened to my brother recently, dont report it and dont report it to insurance, just take it to some shop to get the body fixed
>>
Yeah and it sucks. I always take prideful my driving because everyone tells me I'm so good so when I fuck up I curse myself out and feel like shit for next hour or so
>>
>>13881112
Yes, especially in areas where people get pissed if you leave more than an inch between cars.

There's a lot more to driving than just depth perception. If 90% of those teaching driving didn't suck, more people would learn to use their other senses while driving.
>>
>>13881110
I've noticed that too
>>
>>13881101
>be tonight
>be driving home
>some kid in a miata stalls at every stop light

I shit you not, at least 10 times before he turned off somewhere.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.