[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys Just got a 2012 Camry SE, I want it to be a sleeper.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
Hey guys

Just got a 2012 Camry SE, I want it to be a sleeper. Nothing crazy but also want to upgrade some things.

Ordered a strut bar last night and was looking into new headers and intakes. Any suggestions? Anything I should or shouldn't do to it? I'm not interested in doing anything to the body except maybe some amber fog lights.

pic related, same car and color
>>
A car is designed around a specific purpose. A camry was not designed to take modding and push high performance. It's an econobox so unless you have deep pockets your going to struggle.

Aftermarket is near on non exsistent and you will be doing a lot of things in the dark/fabbing up your own stuff.

By your car choice I would say you lack the basic skills.

TLDR; should of bought something else if you wanted to go sanic m9
>>
>>13871120
0/10
>>
>>13871120
Twin turbos
>>
>>13871120
You should plasti dip it, and see if your parents get mad at you for doing that to their car.
>>
By sleeper do you mean being able to fall asleep at the wheel
>>
Heh. You could port and polish the intake and exhaust.
Straighten the exhaust out all the way down.
>>
>>13871120
is it the v6? they use that block in the evora
>>
>>13871391
Made me kek
>>
>>13871120
I have a 2012 Camry as well

you should just drive it......from A to B

that's what it's for

any attempts to make it into anything else will only result in letting the world know you are a giant faggot
>>
>>13871607
No.
You know what?
No.
Fuck tasteless assholes like you.
You call yourself an enthusiast ?
>you can only modify THESE cars with these parts for this much
Fuck you and every cookie cutter boy racer like you .
He wants to build a unique sleeper? Let him and offer advice or Fuck off.
>but but it's not worth it
> but he should just buy a REAL car
So? What kind of logic is that? You think driving a sports car makes you an enthusiast ? I'd rather talk shop with OP then the faggot in his new coupe .

And what IS worth it in this hobby? Why do anything involving cars if you're going to think about it like that? Fuck this cancerous attitude of buying boring "safe performance banfmg for your buck" cars.
Fuck you and the things you think . You're living your life wrong .
>>
>>13871619

If you feel that strongly about something then maybe you, and op, wouldn't be asking questions like this on /o/.

I'm building a mustang right now, and I'm treating it like a PC/AR-15 build. Just parts that I can put on with a ratchet set.
I'm ignoring an entire world of fabrication and ingenuity. Because I don't give enough of a shit and just want a fast and can-turn mustang.

I don't see guys who put coyotes in supras or 2jzs in camrys coming in here and asking. "How do I make my camry a sleeper?"

These are people that DO IT, no matter what anyone says.
OP easily isn't one of those guys. The most that will be done to this motor is a 49 state legal exhaust mod and cold air intake. Just leave it at that.
If you want to make a Ford LTD, Toyota Prius, or Honda Accord your next racecar. Go ahead, but this guy isn't.
>>
Modern commuter cars can't be sleepers. They're far too heavy and there's no aftermarket for them.
>>
>>13871644
>asking advice means you're stupid
Nah
Go fuck yourself

Go back to your forums and circle jerk, then say "if you gave to ask don't do it" to every question outside of your comfort zone and limited knowledge
>>
>>13871656

No, it's a matter of probability.
How many 2jz swapped corollas do you see? Maybe 1 at a car show once for me.
In a sea of a fuckton of hondas with swapped motors and turbochargers on them.

1 thread out of the dozens here, from some guy who is asking for suggestions to supe up his 4 door camry? A car that has no aftermarket?
It's just not going to happen. More likely to get struck by lightning.

Otherwise. Take all the weight out of it, put generic "upgrades" on it. And make a track car for its class.
That's the most one can do.
>>
>>13871668
>don't do it its too hard

All I hear is a spoiled brat who wants things done for them easily or "why bother "
>>
buy a proper toyota and swap the badges over

>muh mark x
>>
>>13871674

Jesus. You are up on this topic, as if you're OP.
I'm not going to bring any information about what I've done in the past on this topic, just for the simple fact that you're gonna greentext it and post contrary to its validity.

In fact, how about I just not give you anymore entertainment for tonight past this.
The megablocs your mom bought your retarded ass might be enough.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.