[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Renault Alliance / R9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
So what do you guys think of this car?
I kinda want one...
Is it a good car?
>>
[mexico intensifies]

its shit

and /o/ won't know jack shit about it, because it wasn't sold in the US to begin with as far as i know
>>
>>13871176
Can you explain me why it´s shit?
>>
>>13871176
Well, or another option for a good car?
>>
>>13871176
It was sold in the US, 83-87. The hatchback version was called the Encore, and both models were called the Renault 11 in Europe.
>>
>>13871227
Oops, the 11 was hatchback only. Forgot about that. The 3 box was the 9.
>>
>>13871227
Have you ever owned thar car?
>>
>>13871253
I haven't, but my uncle has and is one of the most well-known renault mechanics in the US. They aren't bad cars.

The 1.4 is the same cleon-fonte engine that just about everything they sold from 1966 to 1996 had, parts won't be too hard to find for that engine. Don't know about the 1.7 or 2.0.

Rockauto seems to have plenty of parts for it too.
>>
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/5312750651.html
This one's been floating 'round Chicago for the past forever, probably because of the trans issue.
>>
>>13871322
>Renault automatic transmission
Not even in France that car would move on its own.
>>
File: eng_f7p_03.jpg (90 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
eng_f7p_03.jpg
90 KB, 500x495
>>13871291
The larger engines are the early (carburated or MPI, SOHC) versions of the f-series engines that were hugely popular in Europe in various cars of Volvo and Renault for 20-ish years. Not that fond of high revs and quite rough running, but they had good torque and economy for their size and are known to last for ages (+400k km isn't rare). IMO nicer and more usable engines than Cleons. Typical way for f-series engine to die is being scrapped because of the gearbox (JBx and JCx) has leaked all of its oil through the gear linkage oil seal and then ruined itself.

>>13871379
Also this. Avoid these.
>>
>>13872167
Thanks a lot for the advice!
I want this car because here in Mexico is the cheapiest, things like a Golf of that age costs double what an Alliance does
>>
>>13872167
Wait...
There is an Alliance with fuel injection?
>>
Slow. As. Fuck. Clio Williams engine fits in though ...
>>
>>13871090

Gipsy special. I feel a physical rejection towards this car, honestly.

I usually love old cars, but I would prefer the total destruction of this model.
>>
File: 305.jpg (99 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
305.jpg
99 KB, 500x377
>>13873830
It would be shame to use Williams for donor in such. Why not Megane with the same F7R or F4P from Laguna? Destroying special edition cars for R9s is just plain stupid. This applies also to Clio and R19 16Vs.

>>13873497
I don't know. The F-series was produced with MPI, single point injection, carb and twin carbs (Solex if I have understood right). R9 was a poverty spec car so I would guess that it was carbed unlike the R19 with the 1.7 8v MPI.

I would rather have the e28-esque Peugeot 305.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.