[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best automaker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: merc.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
merc.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1360
And why is the best automaker Mercedes-Benz?

- Good build quality
- Lots of mercs reach the 1M KM
- Lots and lots of companies and goverment organisations use them because of their superior quality and trustworthiness (fire departments, ambulances, park rangers, truck-transport companies, bulletproofing companies, diplomats, city-bus companies etc)
- Lexus try to copy them (but even people in the US get a wetter vagina by seeing a imported Merc that only the upper-class can pay than by seeing some wannabe Merc)

Best of all: Burgers can't stand it that a German company does something better than they do. You surely never see anyone really really wanting to drive a Ford or Chrysler when they get rich.

Prove me wrong,
>>
>>13856032
>Lots of mercs reach the 1M KM
lol. Maybe older Mercedes'.

>Lots and lots of companies and goverment organisations use them because of their superior quality and trustworthiness
Maybe in Europe, but that's probably because your choices are VW, BMW, or Mercedes. I'd choose Mercedes too. In North America, no agencies use Mercedes because they're not reliable and cost too much.

>Lexus try to copy them (but even people in the US get a wetter vagina by seeing a imported Merc that only the upper-class can pay than by seeing some wannabe Merc)
You seem to forget that Lexus did copy them, and it was better than Mercedes back when they did it in the 90s. Even today, they're on the same level IMO, except the S-class.
>>
>>13856050
>In North America, no agencies use Mercedes because they're not reliable and cost too much.
In North America, agencies use American vehicles because anything else would constantly get keyed and kicked by rednecks.

>dat dere guy cant be police cuz he aint drivin a chebby, ill shoot the fuckin commie bastard
>>
>>13856032
>Lexus try to copy them
And did it better. People don't know Toyota had been making luxury cars for a long time before they decided on Lexus
>>
>>13856050

In North America, no agencies use Mercedes because they're not reliable and cost too much.

Yea right, it has only to do with cost.
>>
>>13856067

Mercedes has and will keep the upper hand in (high-speed) control, safety, stability, design, performance and comfort.

Yes you can buy a knockoff Lexus. Still everytime you see a Masterrace E-class passing by you, you will break your neck trying to get a glimps of it. You will also know you will never get the prestige of driving in a real MB.

You can buy a super good knockoff Rolex for 5K (instead of 11k), but deep down you will always know its not the real deal.
>>
>>13856117
Yes that's why Mercedes went back and revised ALL of their production methods and copied Toyota/Lexus after the Celsior blew them the fuck out
>>
>>13856117
New MB a shit

>'75 450SEL 6.9 masterrace
>>
>>13856148

Think about it, why copy something? Because its better or worse?

Why does Lexus copy MB? Can't keep up with German Engineering?

Probs the only thing MB copied from Lexus is to build their car batteries in Chingchong land because its cheaper to do that.
>>
>>13856057
>>13856070
In Canada:
>base model C-class
>$43k
>base model Fusion
>$23k
Yeah totally not cheaper in any way...

>>13856117
>master race E-class
Confirmed shitposter

>control
Nope BMW

>safety
Nope Volvo

>stability
Maybe

>design
Nope they're blobs that all look the same

>performance
Definitely nope

>comfort
Only in the S-class. Everything else is the same as or worse than the competition.
>>
>>13856182
His post said that Mercedes copied Lexus, not the other way around retard. Can you not read?
>>
>>13856032
Yeah totally the best automaker. They're so revolutionary!
>pic related
>>
>>13856204

And i said, yes, probably the only thing they copied are where the car batteries are made.
>>
>>13856228
Wow, seriously you're living proof that the European education system sucks.
>>
>>13856251

You are living proof of Burgers being ignorant and arrogant
>>
>>13856264
Another retarded assumption. I'm not from America. You're on a roll today!
>>
>>13856032
Chrysler era pretty much fucked their reputation. Their newer cars are very good but in most cases not worth the price difference. They are definitely a pain to work on though, the engineering department just doesn't give a fuck about how you're supposed to replace most parts because >hurr durr you don't have to replace it if it doesn't break.
>>
>>13856199
>Everything else is the same as or worse than the competition.
I currently drive a 7 series and you're full of sht if you actually believe that.
>>
>>13856032
Mercedes have probably made the largest amount of solidly well designed, strong and reliable vehicles, however in the last 20 years they have slipped slowly but surely into making shitty cars, and a few good really expensive cars for sand niggers.

Lexus deserves a mention really, awesome reliability and very high quality trimmings, lots of good equipment, competitive prices, albeit still expensive, unfortunately they sometimes seem a bit tacky made (although they are not), and that they have too much bling. I wish lexus had a selection of nicer looking cars they always seem ugly to me.

My favourite may not be the best, I like Mazda, in recent years they have slipped into shit, but they have a strong motorsport pedigree and are a curious car company which experiments a lot and still has a good record for reliability, despite the apparent weakness of their rotary engines when they aren't properly maintained.
>>
>>13856199
You're right about the comfort of the S-class, i'm a valet and I've driven the s550 a few times and holy hell is it nice, the seat fucking hugs you when you turn
>>
>even the lugnuts are designed retarded
>>
W210 owner here. The car has worn suspension, fucked up electronics and im pretty sure compressions not good. What can i do with it?
>>
>>13856890
Sell it and buy a Lexus.
>>
>>13856182

>German engineering meme :DDD

German cars a shit. Break about as much as comparable vehicles, cost a ton to fix because they're such a pain in the ass to work on. Yucky.
>>
File: Mercedes-1980-Mercedes-380SE.jpg (773 KB, 1024x656) Image search: [Google]
Mercedes-1980-Mercedes-380SE.jpg
773 KB, 1024x656
>>13856032
>Lots of mercs reach the 1M KM

Lord no.

Past ~93' Mercedes went under a huge change in their philosophy of design, opting to make cheap cars that don't make it past 50k without major repairs instead of bulletproof Teutonic god chariots, like most cars they made up to that point. And even then 250k-400k is the point most of them shit themselves IF you're talking about their diesel power plants.

The rest of that is absolute bullshit. They're as unreliable as most Chryslers in my experience, except that you have to pay a ridiculous premium on parts because muh deutsche engineering and that you absolutely need to bring it to a dealer to do most work on it. Just look at how incredibly fast they depreciate on the used car market.

They're a fucking joke today and will never live up to the pedigree that they once had.

They've got some goddamn comfy interiors in their latest line of C and S-classes though, I cannot deny.
>>
>>13856050
fucking Chrysler shitting up the electrics in the mid 2000s
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.