[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I do this trade? My Salvaged Title 2002 wrx wagon 145k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 20150817_182559.jpg (919 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
20150817_182559.jpg
919 KB, 1440x2560
Should I do this trade?

My Salvaged Title 2002 wrx wagon 145k miles, stage 2 bolt ons, timing belt and water pump done 6months ago, 1month old Maaco paint job (actually decent for $700)
Listed at $6.75k getting tirekickers lowballing me between $4.5 and $5.5k for past month. I'd take any offer at $6k or above, but no ones biting.

Or trade for Clean title, 2004 Nissan 350z, touring, 110k miles, 6spd, aftermarket exhaust, xxr wheels, CAI, ripped leather, some paint blemishes. He listed at $8.25k, and I think I could flip it for $7k faster than had I sold my salvaged WRX and made some profit too.

However it had an upgraded clutch (prior forced induction?) and he hasn't had it for very long. He says he has a child on the way and he's specifically looking trade for a WRX or just sell outright.

Plus it would be fun to own a RWD N/A car for a month or two. What would you do?

PS. the stickers on the 350z gotta go immediately. I know.
>>
File: Ge6yR.jpg (151 KB, 958x540) Image search: [Google]
Ge6yR.jpg
151 KB, 958x540
bump. should I sell it or nah?
>>
I would just based on the titles. I know fuck about the actual values of those cars though.
>>
You would be ripping that poor bastard off if you trade.
>>
File: jGwGCWc.jpg (379 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
jGwGCWc.jpg
379 KB, 3264x2448
>>13855316
I was thinking the same thing. Even if their resale value was the same, I would still do it just to avoid the hassle of selling a salvaged title. Lesson learned.

>>13855319
That's what I thought. So I was seriously hesitant as to why he'd be open to a straight trade...
>>
I'd trade if the Z runs great.
But I'm biased because I own a 370z and it's the shiznit.

Only thing that would stop me is if it would be my primary vehicle and I lived up north in the snow. But we rarely get snow where I live.
>>
>350Z with Chive sticker and a bunch of cheap "JDM TYTE YO" mods + replica wheels

I was going to say you shouldn't get it since it's clearly been beat to shit by a douchebag, but the same goes for salvage WRXs so they're probably both fucked and you might as well swap it.
>>
>>13855323
He probably doesn't understand what salvage title means.
>>
>>13855269
It's salvage title you dumb cunt, people like you selling their cars on the high side is fucking stupid
>>
Id say do the trade drive it for a month or two then sell it
>>
110k miles is a bit much but then again your WRX had 145k.

Either way it wouldnt be a terrible trade at all for you OP, the person you are talking to has no idea what salvage title means.
>>
Rip bolt ons and return to stock. Sell parts separately then sell salvage title turd for $3k cause it aint worth more than that
>>
>>13855269

>Child on the way

God I hate it when fags let their women tell them to sell the car because they're having a kid. Not that the car is anything particularly special, but he's just a pussy.
>>
>>13855269
Trade for the 350z. But why do the panels look kinda beat up in the picture? The panels don't seem straight and are definitely not aligned to each other very well.
>>
>>13855969
When he had offers for 5.5k? ..

>hey op sell your 500$ in parts and then sell stock car for 3k...great idea yeah?
>>
File: rsz_20151113_095456.jpg (2 MB, 3984x2241) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20151113_095456.jpg
2 MB, 3984x2241
OP here, met with the guy about an hour ago, here's the update.

Met in local parking lot in the sunny morning. The couple looks like we're on set of Breaking Bad. The guy looks like Hank Schrader, and his wife looks like a (preggors) Skyler White. They're actually really nice, and were easy going. But did come off a little overly friendly; but importantly, they weren't pushing to do a trade NOW NOW NOW.

As for the car... I've never really given the 350z much notice in the past (except for the 370z), but his car was actually quite clean in person. If you ignore the stickers on the window, and wheels. Paint is in pretty good condition. Interior had ricer CF trim all over, and the interior was really chintzy and plasticky, but this might just be a early 2000's Nissan attribute.

I took it for a test drive and damn that upgraded clutch is heavy and not really DD friendly. If its a turn off to me, it might be for others when I try and sell it. It definitely pulls in a linear fashion, not as I'm accustom to in turbo cars. Also, his eBay dual exhausts were incredibly annoying, but he's including the stock exhausts as well. Figure I can resell the eBay exhaust for an extra $150-250 or so.
The wheels are staggered, 'jspirit' and in relatively good condition. Treadwear is running thin though. He has no idea if its stock or aftermarket suspension.

Now for the main red flag....

Before meeting him, I did a quick check on CARFAX and turns out it was owned in Florida for its majority, and has 4 previous owners. But owner #3 had the car stolen in October 2013, but recovered in January 2014. I asked him about it, and he said he never looked up the CARFAX (sure..) and that was that.

Although it is a major red flag, its still a clean title, and KBB fair condition is $7.3k. So even to hesitant buyers, I'd still should be able to let it go for at LEAST $6k, right? I'm sure I could get away with $7.5k if they don't look up the car history.

Now what?
>>
>>13856053
>>13855269
that pic seems photoshopped
>>
File: rsz_20151113_095445.jpg (1 MB, 3984x2241) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20151113_095445.jpg
1 MB, 3984x2241
>>13855377
He's well aware. I just think he has his heart set on a WRX, and/or the Z has been difficult to sell because of the car history.

>>13855401
People buying cars on the high side are stupid. Supply and demand. Lrn2economics

>>13855408
Yea, but that clutch... It wasn't really all that fun to drive. I dunno, I think the stolen history dampened the test drive experience for me?

>>13855879
Yeah both are high-ish miles, but are actually quite low for their years. I think despite all the 'negatives' the 350z has, I could still come out even.

>>13856012
350z have 2 seats. If father is driving, mother is passenger. Then where waz babby?

>>13856053
Yeah, I see what you're saying. But I snapped some more pics with my phone today, and I didn't notice anything. Check this reply's photo.
>>
>>13857027

>letting your wife tell you to sell a car because it doesn't have enough seats

Step it up, senpai. My second child was 2 months old and I bought a Sports coupe.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.