[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mazda Thread - Dorito Shitbox Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11
File: IMG_20150922_130325nopm.jpg (389 KB, 1221x795) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150922_130325nopm.jpg
389 KB, 1221x795
Got a dorito car? Post 'em! Also Mazda general. Bonus points if it's a shit box.

>rotary and econobox appreciation
>APEX SEALS
>m-muh handling

Pic related is my 1989 RX-7 GTU
>>
>>13855267
>mazda thread
>posts a porsche 924

><\\\*> J
>>
>>13855309
lol ur so funny
>>
File: 1395640657615.jpg (96 KB, 1024x591) Image search: [Google]
1395640657615.jpg
96 KB, 1024x591
whats up with the vinyl roof mate?
looks like shit
>>
File: 1376635844289.jpg (75 KB, 672x448) Image search: [Google]
1376635844289.jpg
75 KB, 672x448
does anyone have any clips of a 2 rotor that sounds good?
personally with no muffler i think they sound like a chainsaw cutting a tin roof
>>
>>13855709
I have dual tip racing beat exhaust on my FD. No recording, but sounds the nicest of any 2 rotor I've heard and people who had a bad impression of rotary sounds have liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_C8-atNj3Y Same exhaust, but mine is tuned way different and sounds like his ports are bigger. So it's not the same.
There's a lot of factors that go into exhaust sound besides just the exhaust plumbing.
>>
File: 1271104727274.jpg (121 KB, 672x448) Image search: [Google]
1271104727274.jpg
121 KB, 672x448
>>13855735
thats a bit loud for my taste. is yours quieter?
>>
Another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLGSfOZAO5A
My idle is smoother and shit, though. Sounds like both are stock ECU. This one opens up a lot more.

>>13855736
It could just be the recording making it loud? It's very slightly louder than stock but far quieter than fart cans.

I don't have precat and stuff, and sure these don't, so there isn't really any reason there would be a difference in db on the same exhaust.
>>
>>13855736
>>13855709
not that guy but i own a dorito car as well.
They get quieter when you turbo, but generally all rotarys will be loud as fuck and for good reason.
A rotary is usually really loud for one reason, and that is increasing air flow. So you run big ports to make power these become loud really fast. The step from a stock to street port is a lot in terms of sound, then a bridge or j port become stupid loud. P ports are insane and no YouTube video does the sound justice.
There is so such thing as too little back pressure on an NA rotary, if you could hook up a vaccum on the exhaust side of a rotary that would create power, while other engines need a bit of pressure for proper flow and scavenging. So you put on big piping that flows much higher cfm. Big pipe with little restriction means a lot of noise. All in the name or increasing air flow in and out.

That racing beat setup is actually one of the most tame of aftermarket rotary exhausts though.
Rotary exhaust is an acquired taste for sure. Im not a big fan or of I5/6 hum or v8 rumble. I rather the "cammed" dorito.
>>
>>13855766
i just think the 3 rotor has a better sound to it.
>>
>>13855783
They can sound nice and smooth and more like a race car at high RPM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh3kQdzT7jA
They can also sound like weed wackers.

Depends on the exhaust and tuning, and lots of rotards are ricers that put fart cans on them.
A lot of people who are going 20b are not looking for something easily streetable and they tend to be peripheral ported which is going to make them BRAP a ton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcjC00J8FaM Holy shit the video that came up next for me. That sounds sick. Not rotary, though. Sounds like a space truck.

And yeah just by how a rotary works, they have trouble getting exhaust out and not having it go into the next cycle. There can be some advantages to that, especially on E85, but there is a huge disadvantage of heat which kills them. So the less back pressure, the better, even more than normal.
I do think they benefit from a bit of scavenging in NA form though because that can help pull out the exhaust. But I'm not positive. There's a big difference between having scavenging and not having emissions shit adding backpressure.

The stock FD and Eunos Cosmo has way, way too much backpressure from tons of emissions shit in the exhaust.

I'm interested to see how the Skyactiv-R is going to sound when it's getting more fuel burned and probably way less overlap. Should be super smooth.

>That racing beat setup is actually one of the most tame of aftermarket rotary exhausts though.
It is. But still a lot better than stock and not a fart can that makes it sound like a weed wacker.
Some people like that weed wacker sound. I like how mine sounds.
The other thing is that those fart cans are shittily shaped and often scrape on the ground. Mine is lowered a fair bit and most of those fart cans would hit on every speed bump.
>>
>>13855309
fc rx7 was modeled after the porsche 944. if youre going to shit post, you at least should try to get the car right
>>
>>13855783
>>13855835
stock exhaust twin turbo fd is by far my favorite exhaust sound on a rotary. Shit sounds like a fucking space ship engine, its like a fast paced buzz that's not very loud but constant and changes pitch with rpm. Its probably sound coming from turbos actually. Its not a bad droneing sound. Shit sounds fantastic, and like nothing else at mid rpm. Power delivery of a rotary is weird too so it makes a stock FD such a neat place to be in when just cruising around.
>>
>>13855886
https://youtu.be/irxdJ7EdwsA?t=180
>>
>>13855904
Yeah, the stock turbo whistle is awesome. A lot better sounding than those rice BOVs.
Not making the exhaust too loud lets you hear that more.
>>
>>13855267
Delicious GTU
To bad its S5
>>
File: 2012-mazdaspeed3-10.jpg (256 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
2012-mazdaspeed3-10.jpg
256 KB, 800x533
C-c-can I play t-t-too guys?
>>
>>13856193

No, your car is too good. This is for faggoty rotard shitboxes with horrible exhaust notes.
>>
>>13855701
Keeps the sun out
>>
File: 20150906_192230.jpg (918 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
20150906_192230.jpg
918 KB, 1632x1224
Ass for days
>>
File: bing.jpg (206 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
bing.jpg
206 KB, 640x640
http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/5250442965.html
>>
File: 10degreesofpositivecamber.jpg (1 MB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
10degreesofpositivecamber.jpg
1 MB, 1200x798
This was shortly after I got it.

I've since changed the mirrors (because one fell off), installed a new water pump, painted the headlamp lens yellow, removed like 30lbs of dirt from the interior, lost the center cap to a wheel, removed the muffler and ran side exit exhaust, got tired of that, welded up a muffler a co-worker literally ripped off of his truck and stuck it on my car, got tired of that, actually bought a new one, which now rattles around like mad, fixed several oil leaks, cutting down on oil consumption slightly, rebuilt the OMP, drastically upping oil consumption, added a functioning PCV system, added several dank stickers, flooded the engine twice, made a hold-down for the battery after it came loose and broke my distributor cap/rotor, painted by steering wheel gold, made a shift knob out a pool ball, and added a fire extinguisher, both for racecar points and because the bottom side of the car looks like the Exxon-Valdez rolled around under it and that, coupled with the hot exhaust and the fact that it shoots flames sometimes, might lead to a bad day.
>>
>>13856838
That looks pretty fucking clean, man.
Tastefully done everything.
>>
>>13856908
Got damn, what a life for that rx7. Got any pics post- hooning?
>>
File: JDM FC3S (2).jpg (1 MB, 2048x1407) Image search: [Google]
JDM FC3S (2).jpg
1 MB, 2048x1407
>>13856920
how much trouble am I asking for if I purchase a turbo rx7 tho
>>
File: IMGP5434.jpg (1 MB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
IMGP5434.jpg
1 MB, 1200x798
>>13856951
I've been too lazy to take any more after the first set, but it still looks mostly the same, just dirtier.

It's had quite a ride, though. Over 200k miles, Carfax estimates six owners and reported one crash. The last guy drove it like I do, but seems to have done less maintenance.

Despite all that, it's a ton of fun, though some of that's just because it's a beater.
>>
File: DSCN0133.jpg (458 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0133.jpg
458 KB, 1600x1200
finally fixed my squishy brakes today, after replacing nearly every piece of the brake system and bleeding gallons of brake fluid through it. Turned out the cheap "new/rebuilt" brake cylinder I bought to replace the original one was also leaking. Also fuck drum brakes. I want to get ahold of a whole rear axle assembly from a GSL so I can have LSD and all disk brakes.
>>
>>13856956
Removing the turbo isn't difficult.
>>
>>13855904
>Drop MS3 engine with a rwd transmission in lengthened ND chassis
>this guy is smarter than the entirety of Mazda.

Hell, why not just offer the MS3 motor in the fucking Miata and offer a hard top version for people who don't want a faggy roadster.
>>
>>13855709
mhmm t.bh i think straight piped rotaries, especially thin pipe walls, sound like poop
waay too tinga tinga tingey
mines loud as shit but it doesnt have that metallic ting noise so i like it
>>
>>13857900
>Drop MS3 engine with a rwd transmission in lengthened ND chassis

That would be better than any RX-7 ever made, especially if they pushed it to Ecoboost Mustang levels of power.
>>
If you had $6000 to spend on a RX7, would you rather have a mint FB with the 13B or a decent FC Turbo II?

There are several cars in my area that fit those criteria, not sure which one would be more fun to drive.
>>
>>13858541
what ever car has the least molested electrical system.
these cars are old now. god knows what happened.
>>
Just got back from looking at a Miata. 1990, 190k miles, new top and tires. But it's been sitting for at least a year and barely driven in the last 4-5 years. Couldn't get it to start because of a dead battery but the owner promised to buy a new one so I can do a test drive tomorrow.

Clutch is soft but no body damage and no body rust at all.

Price is $1000. I might have to buy it.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.