[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/ Looking for a new stereo deck for my 99 Malibu LS.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 99-malibu-green-435x326.jpg (19 KB, 435x326) Image search: [Google]
99-malibu-green-435x326.jpg
19 KB, 435x326
Hey /o/

Looking for a new stereo deck for my 99 Malibu LS. It's my first car and I've never bought a stereo before so I don't know what I'm doing. I'm looking for something <$90.

I found this for $90 and it comes with all the harnesses and everything I need to install for free. Also can anyone let me know what I need for install other than the harness for my car? It already has an aftermarket stereo in it, for what it's worth.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDX320B/JVC-KD-X320BTS.html?tp=5684

My only requirement is Bluetooth connectivity. It would be nice if also it would display the song playing over BT on the stereo. Any other cool features are a plus.

I also found this one with a screen that looks neat for $70, but I'm not sure if I can get the other necessary components and stay under budget.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I9ASJL0/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Any other advice or suggestions?
>>
File: GdVvmIS.png (87 KB, 618x802) Image search: [Google]
GdVvmIS.png
87 KB, 618x802
>>13854176

Also, pic related is everything the $90 deck comes with. Also free shipping.
>>
>>13854176
Go with the JVC unit. It's a well-known quality brand. Don't forget that you need a stereo installation kit to mount it and awiring harness adaptor to wire it in without butchering the factory harness.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12652_Metra-99-4544.html

And
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12417_Metra-70-1858.html
>>
You don't seem too inclined about car audio, but that's okay.

Car Audio rules:
1. You get what you pay for
2. BOSS a shit
3. Pyle a shit
4. Low price Pioneer a shit
5. Single din radios with LCD screens a shit

Now then, if you order from crutchfield, you're golden. They provide good service and will guide you if shit gets fucky.
At your price range, everything is going to be gaudy ricebox shit, so don't worry. That JVC looks pretty decent for what it is, free remote and microphone are a plus too. Go for it man, good choice in radio and vendor.
>>
>>13854217

Aren't those items included with the JVC stereo? See the second post in the thread.

>>13854224

Yeah it seems like that $90 deck with all the included accessories is a pretty good deal. Just thought I'd check around some more just to be sure.
>>
>>13854224
Just an addendum, but the Metra brand parts that Crutchfield provides are miles ahead of the shit you get at walmart. Just make sure you go by radio shack or lowes or some shit and get some good wire connectors
>>
>>13854196
>>13854243
well blow me down. It does come with everything needed. Get that JVC package deal. I had to piece together my own kit when I installed a Pioneer headunit in my Saturn.
>>
File: WcDUvmW.png (71 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
WcDUvmW.png
71 KB, 592x492
>>13854281
>Saturn
>>
File: 1225131433.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1225131433.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>13854296
eat shit and die.
They're bulletproof
>>
>>13854308
thats not yours is it?
>>
>>13854321
yes it is.
>>
File: maximus.png (332 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
maximus.png
332 KB, 596x628
>>13854308
>Saturn
>>
>>13854281

Also, is there a name for the feature in which some stereos can display song metadata while playing over Bluetooth? Is there a way to check which stereos have that feature?

I only ask because my current stereo has BT functionality but it does not display track data.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.