[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK so most people would agree that rallying is easier with FWD/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Subaru-Impreza-WRC-3.jpg (100 KB, 672x421) Image search: [Google]
Subaru-Impreza-WRC-3.jpg
100 KB, 672x421
OK so most people would agree that rallying is easier with FWD/ AWD. FWD teaches the basic techniques such as Left foot breaking, preventing under steer with the handbrake, ETC.
I want to slowly build a car for rallying but begin rallycross to master the basics. I have narrowed several base cars down. A subaru Impreza GC8 chassis not the 2.5l, it had FWD and AWD but FWD imprezas are hard to find around me. The next on the list is a VW golf which is popular in the rally scene specifically the MK 1 - 3. The next one is a nissan sentra SE-R or the SPEC V with a Large aftermarket with the SR20 Engine, and a LSD and a 6 speed. What does /o/ think would be the best choice for me to grow into the rally motorsport also for other car sugestions / question my budget would be around 2 to 3K at the most for the car alone.
>>
just find a cheap stratos on craigslist and go from there. they can be had for 3-4k.
>>
File: rwdrally.jpg (263 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rwdrally.jpg
263 KB, 1920x1080
RWD is the only way to go, OP.

FWD and AWD are for pussies
>>
>>13854185
>>13853648
wtf y'all. this is like telling someone who wants to learn how to ride a motorcycle "yeah nah yer a pussy for wanting to start on a 250, gotta go with at LEAST a 600, preferably a literbike". everyone has to start somewhere.

OP, I like your Sentra idea. even if you can't get an SE-R, it's a decent chassis.
>>
>>13853625
you know that before AWD was available, rallying was done with RWD, right?
>>
File: IMG_3117_new.jpg (110 KB, 1024x521) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3117_new.jpg
110 KB, 1024x521
>>13853625
Serious answer.
Find a first gen 5 speed manual Dodge or Plymouth Neon They make great starting points and are very competitive in rallycross and rally events.
>>
celica/ corolla honestly, things will break and parts are plenty.
>>
He died......
>>
File: toyobaru.png (368 KB, 782x414) Image search: [Google]
toyobaru.png
368 KB, 782x414
>>
Right now I am compiling a list of info on specs features price etc. to see which would be the best bang for the buck
>>
>>13854291
That doesn't mean its better than fwd. Fwd whips rwds ass on gravel and snow.
>>
File: 1445634448332.jpg (798 KB, 2876x1889) Image search: [Google]
1445634448332.jpg
798 KB, 2876x1889
I'm honestly looking to do the same op and I'm going with a 93-01 impreza
Awd is a must tho for me
Why no 2.5l?
And they're plentiful around me
and I could get a running hatch for 600$
Plus they come apart like Legos when you have to service them and parts are plentiful and interchangeable. ..plus there won't be any shortages of subarus, subaru guys and subaru parts willing to help at you local rallys
>>
Where are you from where they're hard to find?
>>
>>13853625
B13 Sunnys are pretty common rally cars
So you can't really go wrong with a Sentra

Would look into Mitsubishi Mirage/Lancers
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.