[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why don't cops ticket slow drivers? they're as much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: gta5.gif (2 MB, 398x223) Image search: [Google]
gta5.gif
2 MB, 398x223
why don't cops ticket slow drivers?
they're as much as hazard as speeders, if not more.
>>
>>13852347
I know two that will ticket people for doing 10 or more under the limit for 'impeding the flow of traffic' or something like that.
>>
>>13852347
Because SJWs and muh oppression
>>
They do here in Colorado, especially around the steep grades in the mountains. They don't want 18 wheelers coming down a mountain to have to worry about rear-ending grandma.
>>
File: getter-robo-1244650.jpg (10 KB, 129x108) Image search: [Google]
getter-robo-1244650.jpg
10 KB, 129x108
>>13852478
huh?
>>
>>13852521
Can't answer now, cleaning my fedora and puffing on my vape.
>>
>already have ridiculously low speed limits
>"They should ticket slow drivers!"

Jesus christ, murrka is truly the worst place to own a car in.

t. masterrace german
>>
>>13852347

They do. I got pulled over for going slower than 55 on the freeway.
>>
My grandma got a ticket for not driving "minimum speed" on 1-70.
>>
>>13852347
>mom I posted it again
>>
They do, in my state if a driver isn't going 45-50 mph at least on a road, state police ticket them.
>>
File: thisnigga.png (2 MB, 936x968) Image search: [Google]
thisnigga.png
2 MB, 936x968
>live in tennessee
>old people retire here because insanely low property taxes
>They regularly go 35 in a 55
>mfw passing them would get me a ticket
>>
>>13852538
what? mind your own buisness germany.
>>
>>13853947
Did you explain that you own a Ford?
>>
They do that here in Dubai.
>>
>>13852538
You really think that someone going 50 in a 75 shouldn't be given a ticket?
>>
>>13853957
>driving "minimum speed" on 1-70.
Minimum speed is usually ~10 under unless traffic is backed up.
>>
>>13854558
Of course not.

They should be pulled out of their vehicle and shot in the ditch, barring road hazards that warrant a lower speed.
>>
>>13854583
kek
>>
>>13853947
wtf.
and they say euro is cu.ck.
>>
>>13852347
because a distracted driver is so much less dangerous when they are going only half the speed limit
>>13853994
go to pass them
they speed up
>>
>>13854314

I was driving my Jeep Wrangler at the time and I had just broken the yoke on the front left wheel which would randomly start rattling and shaking the steering wheel around while driving. I didn't want to go very fast, but the officer understood and gave me directions to where I was trying to go taking back-roads instead.
>>
The simplistic answer would be that the chance of crashes goes up equally around a driver doing more or less speed than traffic. Obviously this is wrong, as slower moving objects give you more time to react, and they impart less energy onto your ass in a crash. I'd rather be hit by a 45 mph car than one doing 75. Also, passenger vehicles are not made to handle at high speeds, due to soft suspensions designed for comfort. The car will react much better to steering input and hard braking at lower speeds, meaning doing less than the speed posted is technically safer. But then factor in the increase in cars that are passing you when you drive slow, and you can safely assume there is a slight increase in the chance of a collision, due to the increase in the number of total cars. So going under the speed is also unsafe. Ultimately, in the same situation, speeding is much more unsafe than going too slow. To deny this fact is to deny reality.

I am of the opinion that speeding is safe in certain situations, but also think most people are not capable of determining when it is safe to speed. But fuck slow drivers too. Parade making cunts.
>>
>>13854709
driving on slightly twisty road
car is front brakes for every slight change in elevation or heading
triggered
>>
>>13853994
Call cops and report texting while driving or erratic behavior
>>
File: 1443414131406.jpg (73 KB, 620x515) Image search: [Google]
1443414131406.jpg
73 KB, 620x515
>>13854709
>passenger vehicles are not made to handle at high speeds
>>
>>13854972
>never saw a moose test.
>>
>>13852347
>they're as much as hazard as speeders, if not more.

>the speeder delusion
>>
>>13854807
I pass those fucks without a second thought, you can tell when they are about to brake and then you just floor it. Unless your car is a piece of shit, then I can understand why you're mad. Getting stuck behind those fucks is insufferable.

I once passed a line of 4 SUV's doing that shit, I thought I was legitimately going to die. I reached 140 before I got past them. Horribly thought out plan.
>>
>>13854992
Which is irrelevant on 99% of highways where visibility is excellent.
>>
>>13855084
>be on a Czech touge
>some fabia in front of me
>want to overtake because he's shit on corners, no dagumi at all
>long straight ahead
>go for it
>he starts speeding up with pure butthurt
>very good visibility, you can see there is no oncoming car within at least 500 meters
>so I overtake him as he brakes into the corner
>I'm not going to go around the corner doing 120 km/h so I brake hard and go around the corner at a more reasonable speed
>tfw 250cc life
>>
>>13855127
>I'm not going to go around the corner doing 120 km/h
Pussy.
>>
>>13855157
That's a good way to slide off the road and die
>>
>>13855161
Pussy.
>>
>>13855161
Pussy.
>>
>>13854709
>slower moving objects give you more time to react
by that stupidly autistic logic, no one should ever crash into a stationary object. (because they have more time to react)
>>
>live somewhere that has drivers that speed up to get in front of you and then drive slower than you were before they got in front of you, drivers that speed up to close the gap when you use a turn signal to switch lanes, and drivers that speed up when you go to overtake them

I've become a much more aggressive driver thanks to the way people drive here, there is no hope for the betas.
No more using turn signals, and I will literally go as fast as it takes to get in front of someone once I get into oncoming traffic to pass them.

Two that come to mind:

>2 lane, 60mph road
>guy in front of me is doing 45-50 in a Lexus
>on the phone and tapping his brakes at random
>fuckthis.exe
>attempt to overtake normally thinking no big deal with guy going only 45
>fucker sees me and speeds up
>hellno.dll
>I have to get back over because of oncoming traffic
>guy goes back to doing 45
>I drop back a bit then floor it and begin to overtake
>He sees me and speeds up again
>notthistimefaggot.ini
>keep accelerating
>I end up at 95 before he backs off
I don't care if it takes breaking 100, you will not win.

>be driving in a 40mph 2 lane road
>guy in front of me is driving an Impreza with LED lights and stickers all over the back
>he's going 25 because he keeps making out with girl in his passenger seat
>go to overtake
>he speeds up to not let me through, probably trying to impress his cunt
>nothappeningshitstain.pdf
>end up doing about 60, about half my car is in front of him
>oncoming traffic, captain fuckass still not letting up
>no regard for said traffic
>okaythisisthepathyouchose.docx
>move over and put his ass into the ditch
>for a wannabe rallycunt he didn't do so well off the road
Try impressing your bitch with tears and soiled pants, you fucking assketeer.
>>
>>13855259
Talk to a baseball player. A fastball going 55 is much easier to track and hit than one going 95. But now add into the equation sliders and curves, and you get retards crashing into parked cars. Catch my drift? Probably not. Because I am autistic.
>>
>>13855318
You get retards crashing into parked things because they can't drive, not because some sort of speed disparity. You ever see someone hit an immobile object? They flip out and don't know what to do so they just keep doing what they are doing until their brain catches up.
>>
>>13855363
But then that ties in to the next point I made in my original post, which was that it is much nicer to get crashed into by a slower retard than a fast one.

As a kid I watched my neighbor's daughter's brand new scion tc get dropped off by a tow truck. It was missing the entire front driver's side of the thing. My dad had his shitty altima for sale, and the father of the girl talked to him about it. He said she hit a pole. A fucking pole. My dad was a bit freaked selling to someone living across the street, because he hoped nothing went wrong on it. Well, she pulled up one day with the hood bent to hell, and the front bumper likely sitting off on the side of a road somewhere. I understand there are retard drivers. Believe me, I live in California. I see them every day just driving down the freeway, riding halfway up the concrete center divider in their corolla before they throw down their phone and proceed to over-correct for a half-mile before finally stabilizing their FWD shitbox.
>>
>>13855376

That is more innatentiveness than speed.

You should never be able to hit a stationary object because you should not drive faster than your capability to stop if you upon a stationary whatever coming around a corner.

People hitting into things on a straight road is pure inattentiveness as you yourself indicated

>throw down the phone
>>
>>13855387
>throw down the phone
>In the left lane of 5 lane highway
>In fairly heavy traffic
>Doing 75
>In a construction zone
The phone may have been the root cause, but his speeding only allowed him to exponentially increase his fuckery.
>>
>>13853994

>passing them will get me a ticket

Do you live in England or something?
>>
>>13855397

And if he was in a loaded semi truck that would also exponentially increase his fuckery too.

So then should we restrict semi's to 20'000 lbs?
>>
>>13855409
No. Semis are held to an even lower speed limit. Their fuckery is minimal, so long as they do everything by the book.
>>
>>13855405
cant pass solid lines and if you do you can't exceed the speed limit
>>
>>13855409
If a semi hits something their employer gets fined several thousand dollars and the driver will more than likely lose his job as his driving record will now increase their insurance significantly. If a driver of an 18 wheeler is busted for being on the phone the driver gets fined like 2500 and the employer gets fined double. A lot of trucks have cameras facing the driver, as well. They can't really get away with that.
>>
>>13855412
>Their fuckery is minimal
This is true for the most part, but truckers DO have a bad habit of hogging the left lane and taking 3 miles to pass another truck so that they can go 2 mph faster. Super fucking frustrating.

>be in mein baby (15 STI)
>driving on highway going 85 -90
>visibility conditions are fine
>car is white
>have low beams and fog lights on
>approaching two trucks in right lane
>when get 100ish feet from them, truck in rear pulls in left lane
>had to decelerate from 90 to 55 instantly
>literally almost ended up in the back of the trailor
Again, he dicked me so that he could spend 2 miles passing another truck to go the same speed. Are you telling me he didnt see me? Dickheads.
>>
>>13855473
They do that shit on purpose.
>>
>>13855264
I'd go 40 after overtaking that guy, desu.
>>
I'm just gonna drop this here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3316764/Cop-stops-Google-driverless-car-moving-slow.html
>>
>>13855473
>>13855507
Not really. Semi trucks are often speed-governed. Driver can put the pedal to the floor, it's not going to go any faster than 55. So you have two trucks, one doing 55 and another that won't go faster than 55, and the only difference is that one set of tires is inflated a little bit more than the other...
>>
>>13856904
>not having a handheld tuner in your truck
>>
>>13852347
They do. It doesn't happen as often as speeding tickets because you have to be going way under the limit. Far enough under that, given road conditions, the only possible reason you would be doing it is to purposefully impede traffic.

I think in general 15 under or less probably is grounds to get pulled over. Some highways will have specified minimum speed limits and you'll see signs that say something like Max: 60 Min: 45. If you're doing under 45 and there isn't traffic or heavy rain or snow then you get pulled over.

You don't see people getting pulled over for going to slow because who the fuck bothers? Everyone wants to get to their destination quickly and even if they're just out on a Sunday drive nobody wants to drive around doing 20mph all the time.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.