[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GM's Buick Brand is sucking hardcore in US >appa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: envision.png (430 KB, 680x417) Image search: [Google]
envision.png
430 KB, 680x417
>GM's Buick Brand is sucking hardcore in US
>apparently doing well in china
>GM wants to import even shoddier quality cars back to US while reaping massive profits from cheap chinese labor
>shills on /o/ will defend this

>free source
http://consumerist.com/2015/11/12/gm-looking-to-import-made-in-china-buick-for-u-s-customers/

>paywalled source
http://www.wsj.com/articles/gm-to-import-chinese-made-buick-suv-1447349781
>>
I wish we would get some of those cars with really spacious back seats that sell in China so well. I want to be able to put my seat all the way back and still leave room in excess for the rear passenger.
>>
>>13851962

But guise when they cheap out on labor they add money in quality control :^)
>>
Why doesn't GM just hire younger people to market and design cars for their Buick division?

In my opinion, traditionalism always loses in the long term. They need to stay new and fresh or their company gets stagnate.
>>
>>13851962
I thought the Buick Encore was selling well enough and that's made by GM Korea.
>>
>>13852003
Because Buick is doing great in it's primary market. It's becoming a fucking prestige brand in China and Russia somehow. I guess when all you have are Hyundais, Toyotas, and VW's, they're pretty special.

The US market is just a sideshow for Buick anyway. GM really doesn't care how many Buicks it sells in the US. If it wasn't for China, Buick would have been killed off at the same time as Saturn, Pontiac, and Oldsmobile.
>>
>>13851962
>look up Buick Envision
>It's a rebadged Opel Antara B
>meaning it would've come to America at some point anyways as the third generation Saturn Vue if Saturn was still around.

I'm not worried. There's nothing new on that crossover that hasn't been here before. Chassis, engines, suspension, etc.
>>
>>13851962
Arent most current buicks just rebadged opels anyway?
>>
>>13852207
idk Opels aren't a thing in America

the two main surviving GM brands here are GMC (for government and "professionals") and Chevrolet (for MUH COUNTRYYY MUSIC)
Buick plays a small role (I still see their commercials sometimes but I don't know who actually buys those cars)

saturn and pontiac went under in the early 2000's
>>
>>13852228
also Cadillac is still around but only for negros and dumb housewives who haven't jumped ship to the range rover meme yet
>>
why is gm consistantly such a shit company
>>
>>13852250

>Cadillac is still around but only for negros

Name one new Cadillac a basketball american can afford? Not one, now name the amount of donked Challengers/Chargers there are in your surrounding areas? It's surprising. Every black person where I work drives a fucking donked V6 Chally/Charger
>>
>>13852272

because they're untouchable greedy cunts, no matter how badly they fuck up the government will always hand them piles of cash to keep going

it is literally the epitome of corporate greed and corruption, every bit as horrible as BP and Exxon

inb4 containment shills tells me to put on my tinfoil hat etc.
>>
Absolutely disgusting, they can keep their chinese manufactured cars IN CHINA. It's already bad enough cars are "globally built" with shitty parts from china.
>>
File: 1447373163065.jpg (124 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1447373163065.jpg
124 KB, 720x960
China made
Still more reliable than most
>>
File: d.png (12 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
d.png
12 KB, 390x470
>GM outsouring jobs outside the US

kek
>>
I don't understand why Buick is even still a thing:

>They sell like ass everywhere but China

>Cadillac cannibalizes the sales because they are both for old, rich people

>Boring as fuck to look at, have literally no redeeming features other than a nice ride

>No GNX or anything exciting, best they have is the Regal Turbo and that is just "ok"

Now that Holden is ded and Buick is sucking......GM should can Buick here and bring Pontiac back to chase all the youngins' with exciting, cheap cars that favor performance and style over fucking bland styling and old people comforts. It's working for Dodge, I see Darts/Chargers/V6 Challengers EVERYWHERE where I live. AFAIK Scion is doing well with their small lineup and Ford has the Focus/Fiesta combo with a side of cheap Mustang. GM really has no whey into that market other than Chevy which just has the Camaro.

Please GM; I want the Firebird, GTO, G8, and that RWD G6 back pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>13852228
>>13852250
Buick is still for blacks too
>>
>>13853197
you know what's stupid about this graph?

Kia and Hyundai share practically all their parts, assembly lines and quality standards, and yet look at that.

same applies for Lexus and Toyota, except the assembly plant and engine differ, but yet would you look at that.

Don't get me started on VW and Audi too.
>>
File: kiaelan1.jpg (557 KB, 722x1024) Image search: [Google]
kiaelan1.jpg
557 KB, 722x1024
>>13853553
Kia is a separate company and runs their assembly lines differently. Kia has always been more reliable than Hyundai. Hyundai owns 33% of Kia but they are not the same company. The difference just proves that it's how you build them, not what parts you use.

It makes sense when you look at both companies pasts.
Hyundai used to base their cars on Mitsubishi's, even rebadging them in some cases.
Kia used to base their cars on Mazda's, right up until 2005.

Kia also had a legitimate sports car long before Hyundai did. Pic related.
>>
File: kiaelan2.jpg (599 KB, 736x1024) Image search: [Google]
kiaelan2.jpg
599 KB, 736x1024
>>13853604
>>
File: main_roll01.jpg (668 KB, 1920x552) Image search: [Google]
main_roll01.jpg
668 KB, 1920x552
A big near-luxury car with extremely anonymous styling in an extremely neutral colour is the middle-class Asian dream. Much like a big Buick used to be the middle-class American dream.

Weirdly they don't sell Buicks here in Korea, despite GM (Chevy) being one of the big 'domestic' automakers (used to be Deawoo). Instead they sell the LaCrosse as the 'Alpheon' which is its own stand alone brand, as well as the Impala as a regular Chevrolet.
>>
>>13851962
The Chinese Buicks are actually not bad, I drove a Regal T-type once and it was okay.
If this was to happen it would be one of those stupid SUV things
>>
>>13856272
...not sure I've ever seen an Impala however. Just noticed they sell it on their site. Starts quite a bit higher than the Alpheon (LaCrosse) which seems strange and probably explains why.
>>
>>13852065
Buick was always a thing in China.
The goverment had a Buick Special in the 50s so all the chicoms want one

>>13852228
Buicks in China are rebadged Opels, Daewoos and Holdens
>>
>>13852228
Buick is for old people, and the 90s buicks were actually really solid so you see poor young people buying them for around 1000 bux with over 200k miles on the clock and driving them for fucking ever (or until the frame rusts if you live in the great lakes region). GM is trying hard to shake the "buick is for grandpas" meme, I don't know why though. Those late 90s LeSabres were super comfortable and damn near indestructible. Cadillac is GMs luxury brand, chevy is their cheap and/or redneck brand, GMC should honestly be killed off because they don't sell anything under GMC thats not available from their other brands, and buick is kind of a mid level brand: cheaper than cadillac, nicer than chevy, but only old people buy mid level cars anyway.
>>
>>13852296
Where I live the ghetto is all p71s on 30+ inch rims and a lift kit to accommodate said rims.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.