[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out, so I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: trans72l.jpg (26 KB, 708x458) Image search: [Google]
trans72l.jpg
26 KB, 708x458
I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out, so I'm going to ask here. I'm trying to make a working model of a T-72 but I can't figure out how it steers. Apparently the engine is mounted sideways and the drive-shaft connects to a "cross-drive" transmission. Unfortunately, I cannot find any decent information or diagrams on what this is, let alone how it works. Can someone help me out here and post a diagram? I'm fucked otherwise.
>>
>>13840995
its all in the hubs
>>
>>13840995
Where's the gun?
>>
File: trans72ml.jpg (21 KB, 708x477) Image search: [Google]
trans72ml.jpg
21 KB, 708x477
>>13840995
a planetary gearbox in each drive hub
>>
>>13841074
Miles above the picture. The engine in a T-72 (1) is raised above and forwards relative to the gears (3). Thanks for replying btw.
>>
>>13841075
That's an updated version m8. I'm trying to figure out how the original works.
>>
>>13841094
the red shit is just reduction gears
not really important
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-drive_steering_transmission
>>
>>13841153
I guess the "cross-drive" is just a fancy word for automatic transmission with a clutch plate in.

I found this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBHXK-fKPSw

Now I'm just trying to figure out how it goes into reverse and all that.
>>
>>13841075
I can't believe I'm asking this, but what's a drive-hub?
>>
File: hub thing.jpg (22 KB, 430x280) Image search: [Google]
hub thing.jpg
22 KB, 430x280
>>13841177
don't worry its not really a thing
>>
>>13841200
:^)
>>
>>13841168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX7hwdyeDVk#t=1m56s
there is also this
>>
File: ayy.png (288 KB, 1255x520) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
288 KB, 1255x520
>>13841168
OP here again. I think I'm on the verge of understanding it. I looked at another video like this, and this is basically what I have:

The purple and green shafts at the bottom take power. When the vehicle drives forward, the purple shaft receives power. When the vehicle needs to turn, the green shaft receives power.
The direction the green shaft turns directly impacts which track gets powered.
Everything else in the vid is just basically a system that allows the tracks to turn at different speeds to the drive shaft.

Simple enough - now all I need to figure out is how the purple shaft and green shaft receive power and how they reverse it.
>>
File: t62 driver controlls.png (99 KB, 434x589) Image search: [Google]
t62 driver controlls.png
99 KB, 434x589
>>13841261
it may be more like the t62
>>
>>13841261
Can anyone help with this?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.