[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>chargers and challengers are slower than the mustang, camaro,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: hellcat.jpg (595 KB, 1280x782) Image search: [Google]
hellcat.jpg
595 KB, 1280x782
>chargers and challengers are slower than the mustang, camaro, and corvette
>still want one

What's wrong with me m8s?
>>
Nothing, they're just cool. Don't pick a car just by benchracing, pick it by personal enjoyment.
>>
File: freedoms_internally.jpg (66 KB, 634x960) Image search: [Google]
freedoms_internally.jpg
66 KB, 634x960
Nothing, as long as you aren't a bench racer.
>>
I heard the charger hellcat is faster than the challenger version. Is this true? If it is then why?
>>
they have a really classic, cool look to them, amazing road presence.

they're really comfy and practical daily drivers too, tons of interior room, huge trunk with folding rear seats.
>>
>>13840887
Yes. Aerodynamics.
>>
>>13840829
I would own a Challenger before anything else. Fucking love how those look. However, you gotta get the V8 just to move that fat ass around. They are so fucking heavy.
>>
They're definitely better head-turners where I live. Most guys don't give Mustangs or Camaros a second look unless they're a GT or Z.

But Challengers always get people staring even if it's just a base model.
>>
File: 1969_Oldsmobile_Ninety-Eight-1.jpg (384 KB, 1066x435) Image search: [Google]
1969_Oldsmobile_Ninety-Eight-1.jpg
384 KB, 1066x435
Congratulations, you're beginning to understand why people like traditional American landyachts. Spec sheets don't tell the whole story
>>
>>13840829
Nothing. Id get one if they werent made by Dodge. There is something wrong with you if you want a Dodge though.
>>
>>13840974
This. My buddy got rid of his z06 for a hellcat and he loves it.
>>
It's not only fast enough for 90% of the population, it's also useful. You can take a family of 4 on a road trip with it.
>>
challanger RT with manual is slow as shit. I drove one with borla exhaust and a tune. It was very slow, but it sounded great.

I own a 5th gen camaro LS3, it runs circles around challangers, new 5.0 is a beast. If u want a hemi go with something SRT8 or the scat pack challanger
>>
>>13840829
I drove a scat pack once and fell in love. Don't give a shit if a Mustang or Camaro are better on the track and quarter mile, they aren't near as cool or comfy and you can actually fit an adult in the back seats of a Challenger. I'd be worried about the reliability though, that's the only off putting thing about them.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 560x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 560x281
Say no more, senpai
>>
File: 1447213028284.jpg (23 KB, 554x544) Image search: [Google]
1447213028284.jpg
23 KB, 554x544
>>13840829

Because they're the car /o/ actually wants but doesn't know it

Big, badass and comfortable, and fast enough to be fun. And you can actually use them as a real car.
>>
>>13845660
Which do you drive more? Going to pursue finding a hardtop '70 to use as a daily driver within the next year.
>>
>>13845688
The new Challenger would be better in every way in a daily driver aspect. I owned a 1972 Plymouth Satellite, they drive like a normal car but obvious cool factor of having a muscle car. 1970 Challenger would be cooler in every way but also keep in mind is the finicky problems that come with a car designed in 1970
>>
>>13845814
I'll be living on a military base so I won't really have to drive that much. Practicality never mattered too much to me anyway. Pic related, the dream
>>
>>13845660

How is reliability? Are the auto transmissions good considering they're basically standard in those cars?
>>
>>13846151
Not him but do you mean the 727 or the modern torqueflight? From what i've seen the 727 is GOAT. On the new ones if you want the 6 speed you should have it ordered.The new auto is faster than the new manual though.
>>
>>13845688
Yeah dude. If you want something cool with a larger value and more creature comforts that you will carry to the used car market. Everyone turns and it is a great feeling loving your piece of shit beautiful car that you will use as your defining trait. Little kids look over and tell their fathers. Their fathers look at you and just get this envious as fuck look on their face. Like both regret and admiration, that such a beautiful waste of space has ever been created.
>>
>>13847321
Sounds awesome. I'll try to find a stripped one without engine or transmition and put a 383 or a 440 in. Also want the 4 speed.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 1495x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 1495x1000
>>13847334
Yeah. The point is that any car you want you will enjoy if it really is what you're lookig for and not chasing some ghost. I think it's beautiful when people know whag they want, but like know what you're getting into. It pains me to see someone just regret a leap that they should have had enough foresight to go through with.
>>
>>13847321
the amount of people i talk to who tell me they see me driving around everywhere because my car sticks out is very satisfying
>>
>>13847395
I know what it takes in effort and money to get an old junker moving, I've helped my grandfather work on several of his. I've known since I went to a muscle car museum as a small child that I would have a white hard top 1970 Dodge Challenger one day.
>>
>>13847529
10/10
>>
>>13847579
Can't help it senpai. Just love those things.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.