[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After reading this: http://oppositelock.kinja.com/10-re ason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
After reading this: http://oppositelock.kinja.com/10-reasons-the-e60-535i-is-better-than-the-m5-1608323644

I know what my next car will be. Yeah baby! So stoked.
>>
That's pretty cool, i didn't know 535's were that tunable

Still deoesn't beat the sound of the v10 though.

might aswell buy a 135i with a manual, which the 535 wasn't even offered with.
>>
eeehh
i'll say it again, the e60 was sort of s tep down from the e39

give it a drive, you might find it kind of numb and boring aside from the good amount of power
>>
File: mseries_m5_06.jpg (92 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mseries_m5_06.jpg
92 KB, 1024x768
This is 335i bro logic applied to the 5 series. "If I do all these mods it's faster than an M5 bro". This is just retarded justification for not being able to buy an M5. At the end of the day you have a tuned 535i that you sunk $15k+ into. You will never get that money back, nor is it a real M.
>>
>>13840675
you really don't need 15 grand of modifications to make an n54 perform at levels comparable to the v10
>>
File: nogifhere.gif (87 KB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
nogifhere.gif
87 KB, 400x265
>>13840721
No one ever takes brakes, wheels, tires, suspension, upgraded cooling system, etc. into consideration. A set of stoptech 6 piston front and 4 piston rear brakes cost $5700 alone.

So let's do the math here:
Stoptech brakes - $5700
Set of BBS CH-R 20" wheels - $2700
Set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (235x35x20 and 275x35x20) - $1250
Bilstein BDC coilover suspension - $2500
H&R front and rear sway bars - $500
Supersprint performance muffler and section 2 tuned resonators - $2000
Turner Performance software tune - $900
AFE intake kit - $400
CP-E front mount intercooler kit - $900

Grand Total - $16,850 (not including shipping or labor)

This is not even taking into consideration the strain non-upgraded engine and driveline components will be going through.

So to rebut your argument it does cost more than $15,000 to have a tuned 535i be even remotely comparable to an M5.
>>
>M5 has a v10
>v10
Do you understand what that means?
Didn't think so otherwise you wouldn't have shit posted this thread
>>
Am I the only one who just ignores any article that starts with "10 reasons why..." or "5 reason you need to..." almost immediately?

Fuck listicles.
>>
JB4 is the most niggerish thing ever. You're just relying on the knock sensor to not blow your engine up. Meanwhile you get misfires and a car that runs like shit in exchange a few more psi of boost.

Plus >>13840941 is right too
>>
>>13841024
Thank you. These dumbasses boost the shit out of the N54 (which is know for fuel injector and waste gate issues) and expect them to last. The whole thing is beyond retarded.
>>
NEVER own an e60. i started working in a dealer and i can say with confidence that the e60 was the worst car bmw has made to date. bmw came with a bunch of "innovations" for that chassis and when you cram that many new technologies that are untested in a signle vehicle it creates the biggest problem child
>>
>>13841024
Guess Im a nignog I liked it on both my 535i and 335i.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.