[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UAW CONTRACT LEAKS HINT AT RANGER, BRONCO RETURN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
>Buried deep inside the many pages of Ford's proposed new contract with the UAW are discussions on what's going to happen at the Michigan Assembly Plant after production of the C-Max and Focus are moved to Mexico after 2018. Two nameplates that have long resonated with traditional Ford buyers are once again circulating the rumor mill: Bronco and Ranger.

>It's important to note that none of this information has yet been confirmed by Ford; "Ford does not comment on speculation or future product plans," they said. According to The Detroit Free Press, which quotes the always nebulous "person briefed on the agreement who was not authorized to speak publicly," the Ranger is headed for production by 2020 in Michigan, followed shortly thereafter by a new Bronco. That timing makes sense – assuming the Focus and C-Max move out in 2018, it would take some time to switch gears at the plant from making compact cars to midsize pickup trucks and SUVs.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/11/09/ford-ranger-bronco-production-michigan/

As for the Ranger, this makes a lot of sense for them. The reason they discontinued the Ranger (and Crown Victoria) is because they were in bad financial shape and did not have the resources to retool 30 year old assembly lines. Now that they have capital, they can once again make the 30 year investment that the Ranger can truly be.

As for the Bronco, FUCK YEAH!
>>
I hope it doesn't look like that, but a raptor bronco would be sweet.
>>
How will a Bronco handle at Highway speeds?
>>
File: 2016-Ford-SVT-Bronco[1].jpg (1 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
2016-Ford-SVT-Bronco[1].jpg
1 MB, 1500x1000
>>13836252
That was an official concept from way back when. The new one would have modern Ford styling.
The context of the article suggests that the Bronco would be a Ranger-based SUV, unlike the former Bronco.
>>
>>13836181
ranger makes sense, as it would get a slice of the market that the new Jeep gladiator truck and the Colorado are eating up right now

Bronco could be Ford's FJ Cruiser. Cool looking, capable, well built off-roader
>>
File: 828542cv2005_001-970x647-c.jpg (262 KB, 970x647) Image search: [Google]
828542cv2005_001-970x647-c.jpg
262 KB, 970x647
>>13836282
also, a picture of the Jeep Gladiator, just because I think it looks cool
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 600x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 600x310
>>13836290
I don't like Jeeps or trucks but I think it looks cool as fuck. It has that classic military Jeep look.

>>13836181
Do you think they might revive the Crown Vic?
>>
>>13836323
No they won't revive the vic. Ford is so far up their ass they think fwd and v6 is the way of the future. They reintroduced the Lincoln Continental and it's a stretched out Taurus.
>>
Can Ford please make the Ranger with the following?

-fully boxed chassis rails
-vinyl and rubber everywhere interior
-bench seat
-column shift for automatics
-4 cylinder
-regular cab
-6 foot and a few inches long bed
-basic economy model with the long bed and 4x2, starting below $20,000
>>
>>13836276
The bronco ii was ranger based tho.
>>
>>13836323
>Do you think they might revive the Crown Vic?

Body on frame cars are gone anon, just deal with it
>>
Panthers were awful cars. Only niggers buying used police cars think they are any good.

Slow gas guzzlers that handled like boats and were small on the inside for how large they were on the outside.
>>
>>13836369
They last forever though.
>>
>>13836323
>Do you think they might revive the Crown Vic?
I threw that in there to make a point. There is nothing out there so far to suggest that Ford is planning on it. The following is all speculation:
The article did mention that the Taurus may leave the US entirely, yet again leaving Ford without a fleet car. They may be forced to build a police-specified vehicle of some kind, such as a RWD, maybe BoF sedan the size of the current Taurus. It's either that or ax it entirely. Chevrolet will go through the same questions with the Impala; change the target audience or ax? This is a growing concern because midsize sedans are absorbing the current full-size market. On one hand, we could see three American sedans much like the Charger, and on the other we could see an end to full size cars.
>>
>>13836369
How to spot someone that's never been around a Panther 101
>>
>>13836369
>Slow gas guzzlers that handled like boats
No argument there

>small on the inside for how large they were on the outside.
u fockin wot m8?
>>
>>13836369
Panthers were some of the most versatile cars in existence. If Ford gave any time and energy to the platform in the last 30 years, it would be one of their bestselling cars today. Instead, they milked it and were forced to discontinue when the platform was finally dated and they didn't have the cash to make a new one.
>>
File: DSC_2006.jpg (4 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2006.jpg
4 MB, 3840x2160
>>13836405
I like how Chevy realized the Impala is a shit police car and brought in a car from Australia, but it will be axed in 2017. Ford has the rwd Falcon but I think it's also getting cut. There has yet to be a true Panther replacement, especially the limo business. All full size cars have no rear seat room like the Town Car for chauffeuring other than expensive Mercs or BMWs. GM is ok because they have the Suburban and Escalade. But Ford is missing out again.
>>
File: Ford500a.jpg (595 KB, 1920x1277) Image search: [Google]
Ford500a.jpg
595 KB, 1920x1277
>>13836358
>>13836405
>Crown Vic

Dead and gone forever. The Taurus will feed police forces for the foreseeable future. The 500 WOULD have been the spiritual successor to the CV, and had they offered it in RWD/AWD instead of FWD/AWD, it likely would have been...
>>
I'm hoping for a ranger reboot, but it better not look like those coat hanger abortions they have in Europe/south America.
>>
They pretty much have to bring back the Ranger once they see how well the Colorado is selling
>>
File: 1446545166385.gif (2 MB, 544x304) Image search: [Google]
1446545166385.gif
2 MB, 544x304
>RANGER, BRONCO RETURN
>BRONCO RETURN
>BRONCO
>>
>>13836338
True. But police departments that have switched from the Crown Vic to Taurus already hate the Taurus. It's cramped, not easy to repair, FWD biased and not nearly as reliable. To combat the space issue Ford has began to dump Interceptor Explorers on law enforcement agencies, but these are far more expensive than sedans. Dodge and Cheverolet still offer RWD alternatives which police have been preferring recently. A massive segment of Fords sales came from law enforcment fleet sales. If they don't offer a competitive RWD alternative it's very likely they're going to start losing big chunks of their fleet sales.

I know it'll never return as a body on frame vehicle, but I'm pretty surprised they haven't built a new Crown Victoria/Falcon sedan on the new Mustang platform. They poured a lot of money into the S550 Mustang and could be spreading around the costs of development by launching another vehicle on the platform. It could pass as a Crown Vic in the Americas market and as the Falcon in Australia. They could probably even market it in Europe with ecoboost and duratorq plants if it wasn't too big.
>>
>>13836502
I don't see why RWD is so important for police.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.