[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SOOO THIS IS LIKE A LAST RESORT KIND OF THING. I HATE COMING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1391469056325.jpg (1 MB, 1595x897) Image search: [Google]
1391469056325.jpg
1 MB, 1595x897
SOOO THIS IS LIKE A LAST RESORT KIND OF THING. I HATE COMING TO THIS GOD FORSAKEN BOARD.

i have a 2002 ford expedition

So I'm having this problem thats very weird. A while back i noticed that when I had my steering wheel in any tilt position other than FULLY ERECT my back left brake light would not work. HOWEVER ****The running lights AND CENTER BRAKE LIGHT are not effected****
So when i needed to turn, i had to tilt that shit up if i wanted to execute A PROPER LANE CHANGE. Eventually the right did the same so i had to keep my wheel FULLY ERECT at all times in order to be in accordance with THE LAW.

so worse CAME to worse--the pattern continued--now neither left nor right lights up when i brake AND TO MAKE SHIT EVEN BETTER now my center brake light does NOT light up when i brake. RUNNING LIGHTS STILL WORK AT NIGHT.

all the bulbs are tested and in working condition. havent checked my brake position sensor (or whatever the fuck) but i did look to see if the wires were loose or something but they aren't. I can check with a multimeter but i don't want to right now because its dark

WHAT COULD IT BE????

WIRING????

COMPUTER?????

SWITCH????

FUSE???? I ALREADY CHECKED THE FUSE
ALSO if you have any tips on finding a vacuum leak, id appreciate that. I'm running lean in both banks. could be an O2 sensor or something maybe but i'm also having problems with my plenum switching between hot and cold; the baffle/door that actuates is driven off vacuum. and i replaced the DPFE sensor on the EGR tube. The EGR passages on the throttle body had a nice little chunk of carbon buildup the size of a medium marble in there but i cleaned it out when i checked the EGR tube for blockage. I also replaced the fuckin switch/valve thing that comes off of the valve cover and goes to the back of the throttle body..
>>
I stopped reading when I found out this thread wasn't about the CSL. Best of luck.
>>
>>13834503
Saging but came here to say this
>>
You sound like an obnoxious faggot, fuck off.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 640x360
>>13834526>>13834503
>>13834542

THNKS
>>
>>13834477
>WHAT COULD IT BE????
The wiring harness in the actual steering column.

The wires running from the indicator switch up on your steering wheel/column are fucked, and tilting the wheel up put them in contact just enough for them to function. You did it enough that the wires are now likely completely split. Your gonna have to take all the plastic housing off the steering column and inspect your wiring harness, and splice the fucked wires back together

>ALSO if you have any tips on finding a vacuum leak, id appreciate that
Rent a smoke machine like what you find at any high school prom, and splice it into you vacuum system and pump smoke through it. where ever the smoke comes out, you have a leak
>>
>>13834566

Anon came through with the abswer for wiring. A wiring diagram will also give you the correct colors to the wires to look for fuckery in.

Ive never heard of the smoke machine, i like that ha, but an additiibal often-repeated method to diagnose roughly the area is by spraying carb cleaner along the vacuum routing and listening for idle changes.
>>
File: Feeling_Ball.png (57 KB, 1379x2031) Image search: [Google]
Feeling_Ball.png
57 KB, 1379x2031
>>13834636
>>13834566
COOL THANKS MAN. LITERALLY JUST SAW SOMETHING ABOUT THAT ON A FORUM.

i've tried the carb cleaner. I honestly think the leak is in the dash. I changed out my heater core in late spring and i'm pretty sure a vacuum line/fitting cracked in the process of that shit
>>
>>13834477
>ford
>having a problem
Imagine that
>>
>boy this looks like a lot of bullshit
>i have a 2002 ford expedition
>so im having this problem

Yeah I'll say but fortunately for you I know the solution. Buy a Chevy, or, since you clearly have no taste literally anything else.
>>
>>13834477
>fucks up and buys a ford
>wants anons to share in the bad decision
shiggy nypa
>>
>>13834477
>FULLY ERECT
>FULLY ERECT
>CAME
>>
File: 1426196818194.jpg (76 KB, 349x356) Image search: [Google]
1426196818194.jpg
76 KB, 349x356
>tfw know what the problem probably is
>tfw not saying because OP's post is rude
>>
>>13835622
Everyone knows the problem is that it's a Ford
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.