[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder never to buy a salvage title vehicle. Pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 20151104_174214.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151104_174214.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Daily reminder never to buy a salvage title vehicle. Pic related is one of the engine mounts on an '08 Titan. Was replacing a steering rack and doing struts on it, saw this underneath. Engine mount is stretched to its limit because the frame was shifted so far they couldn't get it back in spec.

The alignment came out good despite that. Nothing outwardly wrong with the truck, but if it's salvage title, it's salvage title for a reason.
>>
>>13833420
I bought a rebuilt title miata that had a dent in the fender.
No problemo
>>
dude engine mounts are cheap as fuck
>>
>never buy any car without inspecting it
>>
>>13833431
>>13833431
>>13833431
>>13833431
>>13833431
>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>13833436
they are though
and cheap to get replaced
>>
>>13833431
Engine mount isn't the problem.

The bent frame that can't fixed is.
>>
That's just like your opinion, man.
>>
>>13835827
Nobody fucks with the Jesus.
>>
>>13833420
Hey anons first time here on /o/ and don't know much about cars and could use some advice cause I wanna make a move on this but don't know if it's the smartest move.

I currently own a 1999 Honda Civic LX and I'm thinking of selling it
for a 2014 salvage title Nissan Altima S2.5 4cyl.

Is it worth it anons?

please help I don't know much about cars and I didn't get to drive the car my friend did but he ended up not buying it and the guy offered it to me from the test drive around the block the car didn't have much problems.

The only issue was that it got in a slight fender bender on the rear side of the car all they had to replace was the light on the back right light.
>>
>>13835862
.... Do not buy a crashed car without driving it first.

Ever.
>>
>>13835862
If that's all thay was wrong why SALVAGE
>>
>>13835868
I was in the car during the test drive with my friend
>>
>>13835862
Noooo you muff muffin.
>>
File: back light12.jpg (102 KB, 639x425) Image search: [Google]
back light12.jpg
102 KB, 639x425
>>13835876
I don't know, all I know is that the guy bought it from an auction and it has like 90,000 miles on it he showed us the part they had to replace it was just the entire rear right light
>>
>>13835902
and no this isn't the car just wanted to point out what part had to be replaced
>>
>>13833494
You should have inspected the car for frame damage before you bought it idiot.
>>
>>13835881

Offer to pay for a mechanic to look over the car before you buy it. If the owner says no gtfo of there.

Another thing to think about is why someone would buy a salvage 2014 vehicle, fix it up, and then sell it in 2015. I mean being generous let's say the car was rekt as soon as it drove off the lot in late 2013. Bought and fixed up in mid-late 2014. Year later being sold after all the money and work to salvage it. Why?
>>
>>13835917
It obviously doesn't belong to him.
>>
>>13835902
why would you buy a car right before it hits 100k? you know they offloaded it because it's out of warranty and they don't want to do the maintenance that's coming due
>>
>>13835958
Like I said I don't know much about cars, like at all
>>
>body on frame

Any small collision fucks that shit up. Saw a similar car come in with a hit to the front end, to the naked eye all it needed was a radiator support and front bumper. After putting it on the frame rack we found that the entire frame was twisted
>>
Frame work isn't the end of the world, just needs to be done at a good shop with a MEASURING SYSTEM! Car-o-liner or even chief.

Salvage cars can be great deals, vandalism can total a car, complete paint job, new glass all the way around, slashed tires, broken headlights, and ripped up seats. That stuff adds up to alot, and it can total a car.
>>
>>13836371
Frame work is basically the end of the line for a car. It should be, anyway. You aren't bending the shit back into shape like you think you can with a stupid frame puller.
>>
>>13835902
Hey dipshit, it would take a whole lot more than an 150 dollar tail light to total a 2014 car. Chances are, it was a rental since it has fucking 90k miles on it in like a year and a half but even that won't push its value all the way down to 500 bucks which is what it would have to be worth in the eyes of the insurer to total it over a tail light.

That car got FUCKED up.
>>
File: 2012-05-08 13.58.18.jpg (122 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
2012-05-08 13.58.18.jpg
122 KB, 800x480
>>13837682
WHY DIDNT IT POST MY PICTURE? FUCK YOU 4CHAN, WHY ARE YOU FUCKING UP SO MUCH LATELY.
>>
What happened to that guy who was hell bent on bringing back a fifth gen mustang with frame damage?

He was buying parts for it a junkyards while people were telling him he was an idiot.
>>
>>13835902
The bumper was replaced also. Who knows how much else is bad in back. If you really like it pull up the carpet in the trunk around the spare tire and make sure its not wrinkled.
>>
>>13838727
People kept telling Him he was a danger to himself and others and he flipped out and never came back.
>>
>>13838727
He failed, got really butthurt and fucked off.
>>
>>13835868
>Do not buy a crashed car
Good call
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.