[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Had my car mechanically inspected and said the rear shocks need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 20151109_145606.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151109_145606.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Had my car mechanically inspected and said the rear shocks need replacing but dealer said both their mechanics said it was fine. Took their word for it until I noticed shudder and sway. I rang the non dealer Mechanic that I got the inspection with and he said it was leaking when he inspected it. I checked it out myself and I'm pretty sure it is but before I give the dealer an ear full I want to make sure. (New to cars so what might be blatantly obvious to you isn't to me but comparing it to the other shocks it definitely looks like a leak).
>>
File: 20151109_145452.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151109_145452.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
another angle
>>
File: 20151109_144905.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151109_144905.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
the other rear shock.
>>
Google 'test car shocks' and you can do a quick check by pressing down on your car and seeing how it rebounds

It does look like a little leak

If your car is over 10 years old, i would just replace them, unless you are strapped for cash.

You are not going to ruin the car by having leaky shocks, but over time it eill get worse

Check which shocks you need and look for sales online and se if your mechic will install them and how much
>>
>>13828805
Car is 2008. It is under dealer warranty so I need to know if this counts as being a 'defect' as described in the contract as
(a) is no longer in proper working condition having regard to its likely age or the number of kilometers it has traveled or
(b) is defective to the extent that the car is unroadworthy or is not able to be driven.

Before I saw the leak for myself, they told me the symptoms i felt while driving were because of the sports suspension which is pretty much nonsense. Haven't contacted them since finding it myself.
>>
>>13828857
2008 and it still has a warranty? Holy shit.
>>
>>13829819
In Australia if you buy a car from a dealership they are legally obligated to give you a 3 month mechanical warranty.
>>
>>13828857
its 7 years old it'll need new shocks, they are wear items so probly not covered by your warrenty tho

>pizza capatcha twice in 2 posts
>tfw not even american
>>
>>13829917
It isn't in the excluded items list for the warranty. Pretty much need to know if they would count as defective?
Also in this pic
>>13829917
is that some form of scraping on the bar? It looks like the paint is worn into.
>>
>>13828701
That picture is of a very obviously bad shock.
Replace it. It's probably $50 part and a 20 minute job.
>>
>>13829978
But I would still rather not pay for it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.