[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do the US keep a public record of it's cars? I will move
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: hdhhj.jpg (46 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
hdhhj.jpg
46 KB, 500x334
Do the US keep a public record of it's cars?
I will move to Ameriland (Kansas City to be exact) in a few weeks, and i'll probably buy a car the first thing i do.
I've looked around a bit, but can't find a public record of its cars, which i always use to check the background of the vehicle im interested in.
So, are there no registers, and it's just a European thing, or what?
>>
You're probably thinking of CarFax.
>>
>>13827925
You have to use CarFax or AutoCheck.
>>
>>13827925
Been asking about the same question for a while as well.
But is it possible to search for cars without knowing the plate? I.o searching for cars by brand, color etc
>>
>>13827925
Hey future KC bro! Just look up the carfax
>>
>>13827947
>>13827959
>>13828085
Thanks senpaitachi

>>13828002
I too wonder this. Is there any chance this is possbile?
>>
Just run the VIN. Or just post it in those VIN check threads I frequently see on /o/.

Or pay for carfax.
>>
>>13828002
carfax's own website lets you search cars for sale

and cars.com is a big help too.
>>
>>13828118
sweet bruh. But is there a public register where you can search for all cars by only using model/color and such?
>>
>>13828147
Not to my knowledge.
I do know that craigslist, cars.com and carfax will let you search cars by specifics like color, transmission, body style, model, etc.
>>
>>13828308
Feel like spoon feeding me a link to the page where you can search by color, style and all that? Can't seem to find it.
>>
>>13828352
http://www.cars.com/for-sale/advancedsearch.action
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.