[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get at least 2 stupid ice storms a year in Texas Its texas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: chain.jpg (552 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
chain.jpg
552 KB, 3000x1688
I get at least 2 stupid ice storms a year in Texas
Its texas so i cant justify the winter tires, but what about chains?
Ive never bought them before. What do i look for? does the chain pattern matter?
>inb4 dont drive like an idiot and give yourself extra space
>>
>>13822974
It's not worth it for 2 stupid ice storms. Just drive like you don't want to die .
>>
>tfw new hampshire winters on bald summer tires
I avoided hills
>>
>>13823026
>Just drive like you don't want to die .
Please read the OP
>greentext
>>
>>13823057
No, shut the fuck up you asshole. You don't need that shit and it will be a waste of time/money. Are you one of those dumb asses who winds up in a ditch when it rains? If you only get 1 or 2 bad ice storms just drive extra safe.
>>
>>13823082
Its not a waste of money if I can get more traction on ice.

You seem upset for no reason
>>
>>13823052
> Driving on bald tires

Enjoy dying.
>>
>>13823091
>ice
>in texas

It will be gone in less time than it takes to put the chains on
>>
File: waktf.png (388 KB, 1280x711) Image search: [Google]
waktf.png
388 KB, 1280x711
>>13823052
>tfw im from mass

I know that feel
>>
File: texas.jpg (125 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
texas.jpg
125 KB, 620x465
>>13823099
You were saying?
>>
>>13823122
That's a fucking puddle you retard
>>
>>13823131
-_________________-
>>
>>13823144
he's right you know. Temperature on roads is not necessarily equal the temperature in the air. Those trees might be frozen but that doesn't always mean the streets are frozen.
>>
Lived in texas all my life.
In the 21 years I have been driving I never once thought I needed tire chains.
If you think you do you are probably too stupid to be driving in the first place.
>>
File: winter.jpg (2 MB, 3809x2465) Image search: [Google]
winter.jpg
2 MB, 3809x2465
>>13825039
or you shouldnt be driving on max performance summer tires...
>>
>>13825053
Doesnt matter.
As long as you take them into consideration and don't drive like a jackass you should be fine.
>>
Chains are a pain in the ass, especially when you use them once a year. And really they're meant for much heavier snow storms and black ice. Just go to Ace and get some sandbags for when texas gets its 3 annual flakes of snow.
>>
>>13823052
did you also avoid situations where you needed to stop?
>>
>>13826341
>needing to stop
>>
>>13822974
>Texas

suck it up buttercup

central Alberta here and I have driven successfully year round on summer tires.
Ran my winters through the summer this year and only have about 4mm of tread left and don't have the cash for new ones, think I'll let them go and not drive like an idiot and give myself extra space
>>
>>13822974
since nobody is answering your question..

get cable chains (unless they aren't available for your tire size). i recommend a brand called z chains -- they detach in two places which means you can put them on without having to roll your car onto them.

chains are not really meant for bare pavement and they will shake your car to shit. if its just icy out you're gonna have a bad time. usually i'm running these to go to the mountains and there is some packed snow.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.