[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I understand that FWD cars are capable in oversteering, if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I understand that FWD cars are capable in oversteering, if you intentionally induce it...

But since when has it been possible to oversteer a fucking Honda Accord, just by steering a little harder than usual? These cars are known to understeer.
>>
>>13822383
By putting a shitload of weight in the trunk?
>>
>>13822383
You throw it into the corner, going too fast. Catching it, well, that's another matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsPS3cVcRiI
>>
>>13822383
If you want more details, this happened during a little street race with a friend.

We both deliver pizzas and we happened to leave about the same time, to go to the same area.

We have both heard about each other being skilled drivers from our other friends, but we never seen each other drive.

The route takes us through a winding road and we both knew what was about to happen once we got onto the road.

I drive the 1990 Accord in the OP and my friend drives a Subaru Baja; I understand how much better his car is and how shitty my car was, but we still wanted to race.

It's also raining.

>>
>>13822400
Not OP but Id like to hear your hooning story
>>
>>13822400
He was obviously better off the line, but I'm not sure what he was doing on the corners because despite being AWD, his Baja was understeering.

Being an autistic racing enthusiast, I like to use a racing line when I'm driving, which I was using on one lane, which, with a slight tap on the brakes, allowed me to catch up to him.

Then we start to get serious.

He starts taking advantage of his AWD to hug corners at full speed, which blew me away to the point I started to corner faster and harder.

I was stsrting from the very outside of the median lines to the very inside of the fog lines.

It wasn't until I was through the apex that I started to feel that the car was oversteering a little bit.

>>
>>13822428
Unfortunately this is where things become anticlimactic.

It got to the point where we hit the lowest part of the road and I was about 200 feet behind him; the road started going uphill and that's where my car couldn't keep up with him and started to understeer under cornering.
>>
All layouts oversteer and understeer, depending on the tyres and conditions. FWD cars most commonly oversteer downhill and over bumps.
>>
>>13822391
Aside from a jack and full spare, the trunk was empty.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOJR5NMuxRo

This guy drifts Preludes. It's pretty cool.
>>
It's called weight transfer, jamming on the brakes and turning hard can induce oversteer in almost anything.
>>
>>13822439
Initial D: Pizza Edition
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.