[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This seems like the right place to ask this. My girlfriend is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 0d440c9[1].jpg (251 KB, 1000x631) Image search: [Google]
0d440c9[1].jpg
251 KB, 1000x631
This seems like the right place to ask this.

My girlfriend is Chinese, and her family is rich as fuck. When she came to America to pursue her PhD she bought a tan beater 2006 Camry because she's also frugal. Now, her being Chinese, you can imagine the state of the car two years later. I literally just did it's first oil change a month ago because she didn't know that you needed to change it.

Anyway, the thing is tough but somewhat beat to hell. So today in the parking lot of her apartment complex, she had a note on her windshield. Someone in a newer Hyundai told her that she found massive scratches on her car and that "The paint matches your car so I know you did it." There was a number attached.

I didn't know this until I saw her today. I also didn't know that she had texted this other person asking if she knew when the scratches happened, as she hasn't driven it for about three days or so. This person responded, quite rudely, with the gist of

"I think it happened Wednesday or Thursday. There's scratches on opposite sides of our cars, and the paint on my car makes it look like you hit it. I want you to admit fault, and since you didn't, I will call the police." She then attached pictures.

I'm smelling a herd's worth of bullshit right off, so I took her phone and texted her "I will contact my insurance agency. Can you send me your insurance information?" Which I imagined to be very neutral, but I don't have much legal experience.

We went out to the parking lot to check out the situation, as their car was parked next to hers.

Two things that screamed at me as soon as I saw it:

1. On my girlfriend's tan car, there was a large scratch at the right rear wheel well. There was absolutely no black paint.

2. On the other person's black car, there is a similar large scratch on the left rear bumper, extending to the left rear wheel well. The lowest extent of the scratch was far lower than that of the one on my girlfriend's car.

(Brief Continuation)
>>
>>13821825
they are full of shit and bluffing. unless they have something more than "the colors match", they have no case

rest easy
>>
With nothing actually matching why even care? Ignore the fuck out of them, they've got no case
>>
>>13821825
Just get both insurance companies involved. If necessary, they'll do the testing of the paint swapped, and then they'll peg the costs on the idiot who brought the case up. (her)
>>
Yeah, tell them to fuck off.
>>
File: beck_eyeroll.gif (3 MB, 560x413) Image search: [Google]
beck_eyeroll.gif
3 MB, 560x413
>>13821844
>forensic testing for scratches in the paint

literally everyone is going to tell the other party to fuck off, the police and the OP's insurance company included.
>>
Now, she doesn't like to drive, my girlfriend. It scares her. So she drove somewhere on Tuesday evening, left it, then drove somewhere on Thursday evening, left it, and then didn't touch it until Saturday afternoon. At no time last week did she think she had hit any other car. Every time she does she panics and calls me, but it's always so minor that the other driver just waves it off. Further, she's such a conservative driver that she's blown away by the simple tight turns I make when I drive, which leads me to believe that she wouldn't even be in a situation where she would sideswipe anything. Her car is beat to hell and back, so there are numerous massive scratches. She's been teaching her roommate, also a Chinese girl, how to drive which has no doubt contributed to the scratches. She has one of those insurance agency performance trackers in her car, so we can prove exactly when she was driving, while the other person can't prove when the scratches happened in the first place.

Tomorrow morning we're going to call the insurance agency and explain everything. That way we don't have to interact with this person again. I'm going to bring up everything I've written here.

To clarify, she wants me to talk to the insurance agent, since she isn't confident in her English on the phone, and her accent is pretty thick. Do you guys have any advice for additional information I should provide?
>>
>>13821857
>>13821850
>>13821844
>>13821843
>>13821836
Dayum. I thought /o/ was one of those slow boards. Thanks guys.
>>
>>13821825
tell them to go fuck themselves and if they have a problem with that tell them to fuck themselves twice over

the fucking off should continue until they fuck off
>>
>>13821825

Your girlfriend sounds like a Shanghai chinese. Have money but tight as fuck. Run now she will make your life suck, holidays will include accommodation hours away from your place of interest just save a few bucks, she will expect all work done around the house to be DIY as she refuses to pay anyone to do anything and anything you actually have to pay for will be shopped by price only no sense of value whatsoever just low price. Then she will want to spend shitloads on a house just so it is zoned for a high performing school, it will be the shittiest house in the suburb but fuckloads will be paid cause every other chinese is fighting for a house in the area
>>
Don't go to your insurance company you have no reason it won't help in this situation. Your best bet is to tell her to fuck off if she calls the police they won't do anything. They will take statements and say they have no proof she hit the car.
>>
Also if you want to be huge dickhead you could say the hyundai hut your car and that's probably how the scratches appeared anyways.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.