[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying car from dealership- Calling LPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
So a dealership has a car I really want. And the price isn't that bad because it's the kind of car that has a rice/enthusiast tax by most private sellers. And the dealer markup makes it actually a little less than what they usually go for.

I'm going to go in Monday and see about picking it up.

I know I've seen you post a lot about buying from a dealer LongPostGuy. I almost think all the advice you've given needs to be stickied because I dont remember most of it :'(

Can you enlighten me to all the tricks and stuff I can use to try to get the best deal?

basically they're asking $14500 and id like to spend no more than $13000 on it.

also tips for financing? I bring home a net of about 38k/yr average after taxes but changes with how much over time i work. I have good credit. Would it be wise if I get low interest to do a 60 or 72 month? I could afford large payments but figure if I can get a long loan it'll be safer with small minimums and I can just pay big payments anyway and pay it off after a year or so.

Advice please? all welcome, including trolls because I know you'll come either way.
>inb4 ">buying from a stealership ever" posts
>>
>>13821414
Fuck you for getting me excited

But now let's summon Liquid Petroleum Guido
>>
>>13821414
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES DON'T USE THAT PIC

GET

OUT
>>
File: now get out.png (265 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
now get out.png
265 KB, 600x456
>>13821414
FUCK you for getting my hopes up of there being new LongpostGuy OC
>>
>>13821414
GIB FUGGIN STORY OP FAGGUT

U UZE THE PIC U GIBBS DA FUNNIES

GIB FUNNY STORY STUPDI FAGOT OP
>>
File: credit bulding.jpg (628 KB, 1519x1734) Image search: [Google]
credit bulding.jpg
628 KB, 1519x1734
>>13821414
>>
File: 1437684876547.jpg (116 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
1437684876547.jpg
116 KB, 500x636
>>13821414
Anybody not LPG using that image should be banned on the spot
>>
>>13821454
anything else? That's mostly about credit and I have a high 700's credit score already. Mostly just wondering the best way to negotiate with the dealer.
>>
File: 1410532982426.jpg (35 KB, 500x611) Image search: [Google]
1410532982426.jpg
35 KB, 500x611
i deleted my op image to appease the masses :^)
>>
>>13821414
72 months on a new car is stupid, on a used car its pants on head retarded.
>good credit
everyone thinks they have good credit, post your fico bitch.
>>
>>13821486
you paying for it? credit karma shows me at 788. Which before I bought my house and started my home loan I was 810
>>
>>13821486
>completely missing the point
>/o/tists confirmed for having no idea how to finance intelligently
There's NOTHING wrong with a long loan term. In op's situation he mentions planning to pay the car off either way in a year or so.
If you can get a 72 month loan for the same interest rate as a 48 month loan then it's alot smarter to go with the 72 month loan. Because lets say your payments are $220 for a 48 month loan. They'd only be around $150 for a 72 month loan. Now, either way you plan to pay $400-500 a month for your loan. Assuming interest is the same, you'll pay the same for the car if you're paying the bigger payments. But in a worst case scenario and you lose your job or something, you can take advantage of the small minimum payment if needed.

There's no downside to long loan terms.
I bought my car brand new on a 72month loan in 2011. my monthly payment budget was $700. My interest rate for the car was 2.9% no matter if i did 48/60/72 months. So I did 72months. I never made my minimum payment once. I paid off the car early. However had I lost my job or had something unexpected happen and I needed money for something else I could of just made my minimum $365 payment.

in the future, please refrain from posting about shit you know nothing about
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.