[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't reverse sleepers a thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: mustang D4D.jpg (220 KB, 1336x538) Image search: [Google]
mustang D4D.jpg
220 KB, 1336x538
Why aren't reverse sleepers a thing?
>>
>>13815209
They are. They're called ricers.
>>
They are, they're called brz and frs
>>
They are, they're called (your car).
>>
>>13815209

Thats still a faster combination
>>
>>13815209
It's the best idea ever. Having a nice car that's cheap to run. Miata, is that you?
>>
>>13815215
I've always wanted to have a car that was riced all to hell externally but carrying actually meaningful performance modifications behind the ridiculous exterior. Thus people assume I'm just another idiot ricer who thinks he's fast, then shit themselves in rage after I chop them.
>>
>>13815215
This

>pull up next to loud faggot driving at like 3700 in a Civic
>be me in my glorious American 5.0 freedom fueled built coyote v8 with a twin turbo, supercharger and bolt ons for a total of 1040rwhp
>so much power I literally cannot even do 60% instant WOT on the street without spinning the shit out my wheels
>leagues ahead of this nigger
>slow down and he passes me as I rev my glorious full exhaust fueled by freedom

I fucking love putting ricers in their place.
>>
I remember seeing some old truck (can't remember make/model, was around 30-40 years old though) with a 1.6l miata engine in it selling on craiglist for dirt cheap a year or so ago.

I wish I had bought it for sheer novelty looking back. The only thing wrong with it was that it had a wood bed.
>>
File: 1436035066655.webm (1 MB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
1436035066655.webm
1 MB, 450x472
>>13815227
>after I chop them.

YEAH M8 LOIK MOYTEE CAH MAWDS

CHAPPED M8 XD
>>
>>13815243
fuck off shit cunt
>>
Basically any Japanese car
>>
>>13815245
XD m8 XD
>>
>>13815235
Wake up from your dream
>>
>>13815235
why do people think FR is so great when you just spin your wheels all the time?
>>
>>13815209

It is.

It's called putting z06/zl1/cobra/stiwrx/evo/turbo badges on the n/a base model or v6 equviliants
>>
>>13815258
why do people think spinning your wheels isn't great
>>
>>13815270
if you're trying to drive, it's not that useful
>>
>>13815269
I don't know why, but the Evo one bothers me the most. Probably because the normal is just such shit, and you just know that the dumb high schooler who owns it probably thinks he is so cool because his car looks so angry.
>>
On the subject of sleepers, I am thinking of modding my 626 for the fuck of it just to smoke ricer and exhaust fags in a fucking sedan, which being in Seattle there are an over-abundance of.

In theory you can pump 300 hp out of this thing by swapping the engine with the JDM version, making your basic mods, and then throwing in a turbo. Still debating on converting it to an mtx however.
>>
>>13815235
>Things that never happened
>>
>>13815209
But people do it all the time.
>>
Kit-cars.
>>
Could you like, buy an Aston Martin, Jaguar, or any other unreliable eurocar and put a Toyota engine in it?
>>
>>13815221
This. A modern remapped Toyota common rail turbo diesel from Hilux or such can easily outperform the smog era 5.0 not even to mention Pinto. It would make a comfy harsh-sounding cruiser with great MPG. Using a Pinto foxboby as a shell would make it a pretty decent sleeper.
>>
>>13816935
Citation needed. Dyno graphs are appreciated.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.