[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motorcycle in winter equal faggot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 640x960
How much of a faggot would I look like if I drove a motorcycle in the winter to/from highschool?

I live in North eastern US in an area that generally gets snow 90in a year, but I really want a motorcycle. Not just because I'm a cyclefag, which I'm not, I just like the gas mileage, affordability of the bike, and insurance is pretty low-cost. Would this be a good idea?
>>
Doable with the right tires but pretty sketchy, especially if you aren't experienced riding motorcycles.
>>
>>13657838
Sketchy and cold as fuck
>>
>>13657838
I would say bad idea for an inexperienced driver.
>>
>>13657838
You better spend the same amount in gear as you did for the bike.

The cheap shit will not keep you warm enough.

Coming from experience it will suck at anything less than 20 degrees, and a carbed bike will not like in the least.
>>
>>13657853
>>13657848
>>13657864
For the "Sketchyness" and tires, would driving a dual-sport be any better?
>>
>>13657838
Do it OP, you'll get your own page in the front of the yearbook dedicated to your dead ass.
>>
>>13658001
Well dual sport is always the right bike.
Street tires are best.
Grip warmers.
Heavy duty thermal under clothes or a heated suit you can plug into the bike.
A large coat that goes all the way up your neck.
Boots that won't let air in.

I don't care who you are. That shit is cold.
>>
>>13657838
Long Johns, a fleece balaclava, and some warm gloves and you're good.
Wear a sweater under your leather jacket and it's GG.
>>
>HS
>motorcycle
I tailgate spoiled kids like you
>>
File: 1295921673022.jpg (116 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1295921673022.jpg
116 KB, 1200x800
>>13657838
>riding a motorcycle in the snow because its cheap rather than because you love motorcycles

yeah nah thats an awful idea.
>>
Well I have driven mine in the cold and basically you have to wear so many clothes you look like a huge asshole and its more dangerous because of road conditions.
>>
>>13658917
Pedo
>>
>>13658917

Takes like 4 months of working part time to save for a dual sport in highschool, you have no bills. Also in the OP he mentions wanting to save on gas and insurance, he's probably good with money for a student.
>>
Probably not a good idea op, you're gonna eat shit and freeze to death. Go buy a bike, just dont expect to be able to ride it year round.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.