[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEED ADVICE. Hi /o/. I've made the decision to buy this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 1080x621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 1080x621
NEED ADVICE.

Hi /o/. I've made the decision to buy this car but I'm not sure when I should.
I'm 18, in college, no job yet but I applied to five different places last week. I live at home so I really have no bills to pay.
The price of the car, essential fixes, tax, registration fee, and first six months of insurance come out to ~$3000, which is roughly half my savings, kek.
The car is a 1990 Ford Mustang GT convertible.
My question is, should I just fucking buy this car this weekend because I really want to? Insurance, gas, and small fixes to the car are the only ongoing expenses where a job would be necessary, but I wouldn't have to pay insurance for another 6 months; I'm not worried about the price of gas for now; and the small fixes can wait and won't use up all my money.
OR should I play it safe and wait until I get hired before buying the car?

>TLDR: buy this car now or wait until I have income?
>>
>I'm 18, in college, no job

Jeez, I don't know OP, what do you think?
>>
>>13651225
>I'm 18, in college, no job yet
It shows.
>>
>>13651225
Do you need a car to get to work?

You've got savings. I'd buy a car so you don't lose your job by relying on other people to get you places.
>>
I DDed a hatchback for a while, if you don't mind frequently stopping for gas. Also, the convertibles are flexy as FUCK and will need bracing immediately.
>>
>>13651263
No I currently have the old family car 100% to myself.

I want to buy this car purely because I want it.

But if I have the funds to get it and maintain it then I believe i'm justified in buying it.
>>
File: Team kato.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Team kato.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>13651263

OP I want you to get the car but damn man how are you going to pay for college? What are you going to school for? Are you on scholarship?

I'm in college and making it work with a C4 corvette but I'm on full ride and then some... 6K is maybe a semester if you're going to a state school man.

>>13651263
This is important... are you going to drive it in the winter too?
>>
>>13651307
Parents are paying.
I'm going to drive it in winter. It doesnt get that cold here nor does it rain heavily.
>>
File: 315s back.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
315s back.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>13651323
Thank your parents and buy the car then
>>
>>13651297
what range did you get on yours?
>>
>>13651372
~200 highway was what I felt comfortable with, probably could have pushed 220 or so with no A/C, windows up, etc, but I have slightly shorter rear end gears, so a stock hatch might have gotten one or two MPG better. Not sure how the convertibles fair.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.