[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I start the restoration of a 72 Gran Torino Sport? Its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: worseshape.jpg (232 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
worseshape.jpg
232 KB, 1024x640
How do I start the restoration of a 72 Gran Torino Sport? Its in worse shape than pic related. Anyone else have any restoration stories for Gran Torinos they want to share?
>>
Not worth the effort/cost/time
>>
>>13651087
Whys that?
>>
>>13651104
They are ugly as fuck.
>>
>>13651071
>Its in worse shape than pic related.
Then it's made entirely of rust and should be crushed to free it's tortured soul.
>>
You start where you feel it needs the most help. If its got holes build a rotisserie and replace the floors after you remove the engine and fuel tank.
>>
Normally one would start disassembling the car so they can get a better idea of the condition of the frame and body.
>>
You sodablast it
>>
>>13651295

Better yet, blast it with piss.
>>
>Torino

I hope you find some local connections with donor cars because parts are going to be hell to find m8.
>>
>>13651071
First establish what your intentions are for the car.
Keep, flip, beater, 100k resto, backyard build, bored, protourer, track, drag, drift?, whatever.....

Depending on what you intend your final build to be, you then determine your budget.

If you're not that serious about it then decide whether or not the car is worth it.
Let's say the car is a blah blah family heirloom, or your dad/grandad had one when you grew up or something similar, chances are that kind of person doesn't car too much of the cost and has no real intention to sell the car.

Lets say you have no emotional connection to the car other then to make a profit. You must know when to cut your loses or strictly abide by your budget and build accordingly.

Lets say you bought it because you just want to own/fix up a "cool old car." (or learn how to work on them, etc) Then "restore" may or may not be the best term here.

Depends on what you want in the end dude.
>>
>>13651295
Thought it was CO2 ice blasting now
>>
>>13652171
That's a thing?
>>
>>13651071
2JZ swap it
>>
>>13651233
this is true tbh. the 70 was GOAT, the 71 was still pretty okay, but the 73 was uggo.
>>
File: DSC_1469.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1469.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
First step: cry that you bought an overpriced heap of scrap from a Baby Boomer

Second step: scrap it or sell it for what you can get, buy a good year torino in pristine condition for less than $12,000
>>
>>13651303
kek
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.