[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /o/ I'm hoping I can get some help with a problem in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20150823_150820.jpg (3 MB, 4096x3040) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150823_150820.jpg
3 MB, 4096x3040
Hi /o/
I'm hoping I can get some help with a problem in having. I just got a used car and I can't afford to pay the sales tax on order to register it under my name. I live in CA BTW. Can I legally drive the car? I have insurance and the pink slip buy like I said I can't afford the sales tax.
>>
I went to the DMV today and tried registering it
>>
Anyone?
>>
Have you tried a bus pass?
>>
>>13648168
I had the car in the pic but the transmission crapped out
>>
>>13648055
If the tags are current, you can drive it. Shit will be awkward to explain if you get pulled over.

Also, you generally can't insure something you don't own, so your carrier might eventually drop you if you don't register the car. They definitely will not pay any claims either until the car is "yours".
>>
>>13648390
Okay thanks I just need some time to get the money together
>>
>>13648055
You can't pay sales tax on a $1000 car? Just say he sold it to you for $200. Everyone does it. And pay $20 in tax.
>>
>>13649503
That was my old car my new car is $8000 and he wrote how much it sold for on the pink slip
>>
>>13649503
some states dont go by selling price, but by year, or kelly blue boook
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.