[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these things legit? Sure, watching them spark next to a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-10-12-13-36-31-1.png (565 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-12-13-36-31-1.png
565 KB, 1080x1080
Are these things legit?
Sure, watching them spark next to a regular plug looks impressive but you have a giant chunk of metal there.
I would think that it might get in the way of the flame kernel.
In addition, OEM's develop their engines with the standard plug.

tl;dr
Is E3 pleb faggotry?
>>
>>13640790
It's like a programming. It's either 1 or 0. Your engine doesn't care about what kind of spark that fancy spark plug will produce. It's either make a spark to ignite the fumes or not
>>
>>13640803
A combustion chamber is not binary.
Clearly you have no idea what goes on inside to even the slightest degree.
That's like saying well, there's fuel in there so it's all good.
>>
>>13640803
lol no....

Why do you think we replace worn spark plugs with out of spec gaps? Of course they still spark but you loose power and efficiency.

Replaced some very olds ones on my explorer and immediately it had a bit of "pep" that it did not have before. The old ones were covered in carbon and wayyy out of spec.

NOT binary otherwise we wouldn't need to replace them ever....
>>
>>13640790
Splitfire.
Bosch Platinum +4

This concept isn't new, or exclusive.

Just use ones that match the OEM specs. Heat ranges etc are important.
>>
Made my Diesel Golf burn much cleaner
>>
>>13640790

Nope, just a trendy gimmic like those plugs that have 3 ground prongs.

Pretty sure they got sued because the advertising showed three separate sparks from the three prongs.
>>
>>13641002
>>13640790

> In 1997, the United States Federal Trade Commission charged SplitFire with deceptive advertising.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SplitFire_spark_plug
>>
>>13641001
heh
>>
>>13641001
Top Kek x2
>>13641002
That's the commercial I think. It showed a spark dancing around the prongs.
>>
In some applications they can be bad. They may "shield" the spark. I don't know first hand because I've never used them but it seems logical.
>>
>>13641056
Op here, that's what I was thinking.
>>
>>13640803
>It's either 1 or 0. Your engine doesn't care about what kind of spark that fancy spark plug will produce

This is not true at all. Your engine DOES care and they make a significant impact on your vehicle performance.
>>
>>13641074
Bullshit. Either it's a OEM spec spark and we're fine, or it has a weak spark (which in that case would be equivalent to 0 because it doesn't meet minimal requirements) and we have problems. There are absolutely no bonuses from getting a "stronger" spark or whatever the fuck they're advertising with those fancy spark plugs
>>
>>13641146
>only perfect or shit exist
>OEM spark is perfect
>>
>>13641146
>whatever the fuck they're advertising

Longevity mostly. Also, a stronger spark would lead to more reliable combustibility.
>>
>>13641146
what about them dual spark plugs per cylinder

>>13640790
looks like it would be a pain to adjust
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.