[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russian "super-satellite" launch another catastrophic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: nevar forget.jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
nevar forget.jpg
38 KB, 480x360
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/12/russia-loses-super-satellite-launch-151207115022934.html

Apparently, they said it could have seen submarines traveling underwater.

Apparently, what it broadcast instead, is the sorry state of Russian rockets.
>>
>>7309
>In May, a Proton-M rocket carrying a Mexican satellite burned up over Siberia minutes after the launch from Kazakhstan's Baikonur cosmodrome, which Russia leases and operates.

Wow, I didn't know the Mexicans had satellites.
>>
>>7323
When you think about it, it makes sense. Russia's economy is about the size of Italy's. Mexico's is aproaching the same size.
>>
Pretty much every halfway industrialized country has at least one satellite in orbit. It's really not that much of an achievement anymore.
>>
I'm sure it was covered under some sort of shady russian insurance.
>>
>>7451
You give them too much credit. They probably hedged the windfalls they espected from Crimea or Assad's soverign debt against it
>>
>tfw going to sub school
I hope them ruskies don't play a dirty trick!
>>
>>7674
In soviet Russia, trick play you!
>>
>>7350
What the fuck are you talking about?!?

Russia has launched more rockets than EVERY OTHER COUNTRY put together! They are by far #1 in the space game, the USA gets to the ISS on russian rockets and buys russian rocket engines for our own launches.

tl;dr russians #1 space
>>
>>7714
You're mistaken, friend. Russia is #2. Russia + USSR are number #1, but USSR no longer exists. I think a better measure of who owns space is in terms of quality of space infrastructure and missions. I think everyone can agree that the USA tops that list. Consider Apollo, Kepler, Hubble, and Curiosity.
>>
>>7764
Poor ESA, forgotten by everyone
>>
>>7783
Is that the ship moot is on?
>>
>>7309
Russians always talk big. But they are not capable of doing anything this last decade. Simply because they are not focusing on the important aspect.
>>
>>7833
>Simply because they are not focusing on the important aspect.
Communism?
>>
>>7714
USA #1
Russia #3
>>
>>8035 FUCK YOU!
USA NUMBER 4!
CHINA NUMBER 3!
RUSSIA NUMBER 2!
TAIWAN NUMBER 1!
>>
>>8118
I like how you sorted the countries by the lengths of their names.
>>
So how long before the Ruskies reach out to Elon?
>>
>>7764
Don't forget Voyager, that might end up being the most important.
>>
So has this exploded yet?
>>
>>8131
Kek
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.