[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coca-Cola: Company Issues Apology Over Christmas Ads Featuring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
The video, which shows a group of white people handing out Coke drinks to Mexican locals, was criticized by activists for stereotyping indigenous people as "culturally and racially subordinate."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/05/coca-cola-mexico-ad-indigenous-people?CMP=fb_us
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/racist-coca-cola-christmas-advert-6947750?ICID=FB_mirror_main
>>
Yeah, but they normally are?
>>
>theguardian
>>
I think the issue that people had was with the casting rather than the ad; they asked for white actors and Mexican actors specifically. It would be different if it was some people giving out coke to some people, but to be fair this is rich American kids taking pity on some stereotypical Mexican peasants.
>>
Coke, the guardian and Mexicans, I couldn't give any fucks about any of that shit but these racist PC liberals are a fucking cancer to everything and everyone
>>
>>6623
"Everthing is racist, you are a racist that guy over there is racist I am racist and I am the victim buhuu"
>>
im mexican and that is in no way racist
i suppose the should have film how the selll little girls to old pedos
>>
They should make a commercial of a bunch of whites in America giving out Cokes to blacks.
>>
>>6697
it is racist, because indigenous peoples have much higher chances of developing the chronic diseases associated with drinking pop, such as diabetes mellitus, and obesity
>>
Is ironic that they claim the ad is racist beacuse they think just because they are indigenous they are being used.
Also the white guys look dumb in this ad.
>>
>>6757
this is a retarded argument
>>
>>6662
The part that offended me was those fucking SWJ hipsters planting a Coke-ad Christmas tree in some Mexican hellhole, instead of building a school as they usually do.

If it really is offensive shouldn't all those do-gooder groups like Peace Corps, etc., stop helping people in these poor countries?

I think they should.
>>
>>6795
yep. I'm mexican, though not indigenous, and its more cringeworthy than anything. I hate the way ads try to present themselves as having higher moral relevance instead of simply selling products like they are supposed to. Morality has become just another commodity, that explains sjwing and the flood of vaguely moral messages present in the media nowadays
>>
>>6623
>for stereotyping indigenous people as "culturally and racially subordinate."
Eh, I'm not really sure how it portrayed them as subordinate.

The ad was a piece of transparently soulless marketing, though.
>>
I can kinda see it, though I'm far more offended by the crass marketing that portrays a fucking soft drink as some kind of moral good.
>>
>our beverage will fix society's ills and make you happy

cringe

it does carry a hint of "look at us white people bringing our superior culture of coca cola to these brown idiots"
>>
Ok, well I'm Mexican and this whole Coca-Cola hate is not really because of the white guys doing something really useless and drinking cokes with some indigenous people, it's more because of the obesity that sickens those communities as Coke is less expensive than drinkable water.

Also we have all those controversies regarding Mexican agriculture and the use of GMOs damaging "our sacred MaĆ­z". Also all that poverty on rural communities, not only indigenous ones and the violence coming not only from the narcos but also from our own government (check out Ayotzinapa or Acteal for more info).
>>
>>6860
Yeah paisano, why isn't Coca-Cola just selling Cokes like they used to? You know, the polar bear and shit. Why using moral things as a pretext?
>>
>>6757
>>it is racist
Good. Fuck injuns.
>>
>>6757
Mexico also had the the highest consumption of sodas in the world a couple years ago and are still in 4th place today.
You cant say its racist when they are trying to appeal to consumers in the largest soda market
>>
>>6860
>Morality has become just another commodity
Nailed it right here. This dishwater morality can be thrown back and forth in unctuous outrage leveled at essentially anything. It's having a universal chilling effect on all discourse.
>>
>>6662
It's spanish speaking mexicans building a tree for indigenous mexicans.
The problem is that instead of showing both parties coming together it focuses on the efforts of the white mexicans creating the assumption that the natives needed to be helped rather than breaking a language barrier in a community. It's cringy but you have to realize that the advert was aimed towards the majority Spanish speaking mexicans so of course the message is "you should open up to so and so " instead of "we should open up". Simply, it's bad story direction.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.