[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Woman stalked by wolf for 12 hours, saved by bear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0
A woman wasn’t sure if she would make it out of the woods after a wolf stalked her for 12 hours. Luckily, a mother bear was nearby and the woman used that to her advantage.

Joanna Barnaby was with her friend, Tammy Caudron, and her dog, Joey, near Fort Smith in the Northwest Territories of Canada last week when the two women became separated while picking mushrooms, CBC reported. As she returned to her truck, she heard a growl and turned around to see a wolf standing near her.

"I heard this growl behind me. There was a long, tall, very, very skinny wolf. A black wolf. And his legs were spread and his hair was standing, and he was growling and baring his teeth,” she told CBC.

Barnaby said the dog, Joey, attempted to charge the animal, but it didn’t work. She told CBC that the wolf began to attempt to separate the two and work on just one of them. "I think he was weak. He didn't look healthy. He looked old to me. I don't think he wanted to take us both on,” she said.

The two would be stalked by the wolf for 12 hours until finally around 4:30 a.m. Barnaby said she heard a loud noise and recognized that it was a mother bear and her cub.

"I heard this big crashing behind me and realized that the mama bear had attacked the wolf, or maybe the other way around, I don't know, but they were fighting and I could hear the wolf yelping and I could hear the mama bear growling, and I could hear all this crashing and I just took off," she said.

Barnaby and her friend's dog were able to escape and make it back to the highway, where they were picked up by the authorities.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/trending-now/woman-stalked-by-wolf-for-12-hours-saved-by-bear/346919933
>>
Crazy, because just last week there was the story of the guy whose dog saved him from a bear.

So canids vs ursids: score is 1-1.
>>
>>51266
Why are bears such bitches against bitches?
>>
>>51196
was there any photographix to reduce my anxiety that this is just a hoax by the news channel to appeal to commies and how much moar erect their flags are compared to N-Americans?
>>
>>51196
Metal 's fuck, bro.
>>
I really have to point out here that American Wolves are far less dangerous than European Wolves.
In fact the Natives made fun of the Pilgrims for going out of their way to exterminate the local wolves when they shouldve been worried about the Cougars
>>
>>51842
There are also two kinds of American wolves, and you aren't accommodating for them both. Arctic Wolves and Timber Wolves.
>>
>>51196
Holy shit anon that was an abortion of an article.
>>
>>51850
And timber wolves make up less than 10% of the population and commit over 40% of the attacks.
>>
#notallwolves
Fucking bigots, all of you
>>
Fake. Bitch just wants attention
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.