[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
India ‘arrests’ 18 LIONS and puts them on trial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1463661056977.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1463661056977.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2000
Forest workers in Gujarat state are planning to test the lions’ paw prints and excrement in an attempt to identify the killer cat.

If ‘convicted’ the guilty beast will be banged up in a zoo for the rest of it’s days while the ‘innocent’ lions will be released back into the Gir sanctuary.

Six attacks on humans have been reported in the area recently, which is the only habitat of the endangered Asiatic lion.

Gujarat’s top forest official, JA Khan, said that the big cats had been collared over the past two months and were now being held in separate cages while tests were carried out.

He said:”We think we have pinpointed the guilty lion, but we are still awaiting the results of nine more animals.”

Speaking to the BBC wildlife expert Ruchi Dave said the tests involved investigating the animals pug marks and faecal matter but added “the officials are also studying the animals’ behaviour. Man eating lions usually get aggressive at the sight of a human being.”

Govind Patel, the former chief wildlife warden of Gujarat, told the Indian Express that Gir could accommodate only 270 lions, forcing some prides to settle outside the boundaries of the sanctuary.

India’s Supreme Court has ruled that Gujarat needs to relocate some of its lions to other states to avoid the possibility of disease or another disaster wiping out the entire population.

But the state has been reluctant to do so and has not yet complied with the order.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1281916/india-arrests-18-lions-and-puts-them-on-trial-in-bizarre-attempt-to-discover-which-maneater-killed-three-people/
>>
>>50576
Im a tree hugger, so I see this as a cool thing.
Surprised to see it on page one (I guess your board is slow, I'm a slider)
>>
>>50576
He's a good cat, he dindu nuffin
>>
>>50576
#notalllions
>>
>>50576
#lionlivesmatter
>>
>>50576
anyone got a pic of the pawcuffs?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.