[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Zimbabwe ‘snowfall’ in history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: snow-in-zim.jpg (190 KB, 630x415) Image search: [Google]
snow-in-zim.jpg
190 KB, 630x415
>The Meteorological Services Department has described the “snow” that fell in Lower Gweru last Friday as a rare sleet phenomenon that has taken place in the country for the first time in history.
>“We lost our vegetables, some property and food as the sleet entered our homesteads. Small animals like rabbits and snakes also died while trees in general were pruned of their leaves. We appeal for food aid,”
>“The depth of the ice was 30 centimetres and it is a very rare phenomenon in the country and only happened within a short radius of 5km.”

http://www.chronicle.co.zw/snow-falls-in-midlands/

http://iceagenow.info/first-zimbabwe-snowfall-history/
>>
>>47322
Ice age confirmed
>>
GLOBAL WARMING!

get used to it Africans
>>
>1 foot of sleet

This kind of thing happens often in Texas around the beginning of Spring every year. There is a big difference between sleet and snow that is being understated here with this article.
>>
>When hell freezes over

Well its starting...
>>
>>47381
kek...thats a good one
>>
>>47362
You bullshitter. Texas never gets 1ft of frozen precip.
>>
>>47336
>this ship can't be sinking
>my end just rose 200 feet
>>
>>47322
second ice age confirmed?
>>
>>47394
No, really, it does happen:
on.nbcdfw.com/5S9Z6YH
>>
>>47394
A blizzard hit the panhandle of Texas in 2013. My town got the edge of it and got quite a bit of snow, enough to ground everything to an ass grinding halt for a week. During the day it would get warm enough to melt, then at night it would freeze. Everything was black ice.

North Texas probably gets about one or two good snows a year. One year, we even got snow on Christmas Eve.
>>
Looks like Zimbabwe is white again. Wonder how long before Mugabe orders the sleet out of the country?
>>
>>47322
Global warming is going to create some interesting natural selection. Will blacks become smarter and pale as they freeze over. Will whites become dumber as Europe heats up?
>>
>>47598
A white supremacist that believes in science? That's not something you see every day, usually you people are pretending that global warming is a hoax
>>
>>47602
>A white supremacist that believes in science?
How is hating niggers white supremacy? I think Asians are smart civilized people. I believe Ashkenazi Jews are intelligent valuable people.
>>
I feel bad for those people, they have no idea how to cope with that kind of weather.

Lots of Texfags here it seems, to continue the examples.. It rarely snows in Texas, occasionally it does in the north part (Dallas, panhandle), basically never in south Texas, and in Austin we're lucky if it happens once every few years, and then it's usually more sleet or freezing rain. For one night, it's melted by mid-day, and it's never more than a few inches. Point is, even then, in the USA, where we have massive infrastructure and technology and what-have-you, shit goes to hell. If there's even a little frozen water on the roads, schools shut down, roads close, civilization grinds to a halt. Simply because it's such an uncommon thing, people aren't prepared for it.

I imagine that x100 to be happening in Zimbabwe. I agree they probably deserve aid.
>>
Its bad enough when the southern states overreact to a little bit of snow
Now we've got Africans asking for free food because they cant handle a mere glimpse of what euroes have had to deal with for centuries
>>
>>47602
A Strawman that believes in muh replacement for religion thst I dont understand? That's not something you see every day, usually you people are pretending that thin privelege is a hoax
>>
>>47624
Try millennia.
>>
>>47617
Austin is a enigma compared to the rest of texas
>>
Now that we can call "snowniggers", cyкa блядь !
>>
>>47617
Zimbabwe doesn't have roads to have even little frozen water on, schools to shut down, roads to close or a civilization. They may not be prepared for it, but what are they preparing for?
>>
>>47322
>5km radius
>WE LOST OUR CROPS GIBSMEDATS PLS
as if anyone has fucking crops in zimbabwe. there's a huge barren field behind them in the picture. they were appealing for food aid already because they kicked all the people who know how to farm out of the country. karma from the sky. looks like even god wants to keep em down.
>>
>>47592
My sides...o shit thx man
>>
>>47592
you're killing me anon
>>
>>47405
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/04/02/the-big-list-of-failed-climate-predictions/
http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/18888-embarrassing-predictions-haunt-the-global-warming-industry
http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/04/25-years-of-predicting-the-global-warming-tipping-point/
https://anotherslownewsday.wordpress.com/global-warming-failed-predictions/

Failed global warming chicken little predictions trumps snarky one-liner.
>>
>>47322

>First Zimbabwe ‘snowfall’ in history

>Implying it never snowed with some frequency when it was white and was called Rhodesia.
>>
Shouldn't they be jumping at joy because of all the free water and cooler temperature dip?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.