[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NZ TEENS TURN TO PROSTITUTION DUE TO HOUSING CRISIS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Auckland.jpg (372 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
Auckland.jpg
372 KB, 1280x854
https://nz.news.yahoo.com/top-stories/a/31714681/teens-turning-to-prostitution-as-dunedin-housing-crisis-worsens/

NZ is having a housing crisis ALL OVER this country and teen prostitution has been happening in Auckland already, most likely happening throughout the country as well

What's your thoughts? Is it time for the NZ conservative government to actually listen to the people instead of their Chinese investors?
>>
>>46627
when the U.S. needs slaves - albeit chunky and clunky - they just hire dumb cops to find them on the streets, not destroy their fuckin economy for it.
>>
National engages in magical thinking with their belief in the invisible hand of the market. So they refuse to be active in the housing market.
They also know that the speculators in the marker are also their electoral base.
In doing so they refuse to acknowledge that government has a role in protecting people from excessive imbalances in the market, to protect people from being exploited for profit.
Just because you think you can make a profit from thalidomide does not mean that the market should be so free that you can added it to a breakfast cereal.
>>
>>46647
??? wat
>>
>>46627
Ffs

There's more housing than people in Dunedin and there has been for years

In Auckland there is a housing problem because the prices and therefore rent are stupidly inflated, median house price is something like $700,000

Interfere all you like with the stupid Auckland house market, or better yet, incentivise people to live elsewhere in NZ

To illustrate how broken the Auckland housing situation is, the percent of take home pay that is spent on mortgage payments is 65% in Auckland, in my city it's 40%

In 2010 it was 75% in Auckland

More information here
http://www.interest.co.nz/property/home-loan-affordability
>>
>>46690
If you're really quick you can find a way to profit off of regulation
>>
Assuming these teens have turned to prostitution for a place to sleep because their family is homeless, where the fuck are their parents? These sound like two distinctly different problems which someone is attempting to marry together in order to manufacturer outrage.
>>
Another 3rd world shithole
>>
The price of cigarettes gets me more upset than this
>>
>>46695
I think hes suggesting that the government makes people commit crime to force them to clean the roadways, because that's all they do. Perhaps he is also suggesting that new Zealand is forcing young women into prostitution by purposely destroying the economy. It scares me that people like him are allowed to roam the earth.
>>
>>46627
Prostitution is legal in nz, isn't it? So what's the problem? Seems like a made-up connection. Sure, the economy sucks everywhere.
>>
Why are IDs even gone?
>>
>>46627
It's only really a housing crisis in the big cities and if your poor.

They said if you want state housing aka a free house you may have to move away from the big cities.

Which makes sense in my opinion, if your not working why should the government pay a load of money to let you live in one of the main working hubs.
>>
>>46690

This isn't just about free market vs regulation. This is about a generational conflict and an (unexpected) problem for te west when it comes to globalization, the development of a new global elite, and so on.

If NZ is anything like The States I would imagine most older adults' homes are their primary source of wealth. If housing goes down the older (and more likely to vote) population will freak out. The property values sky rocketing has been a wonderful benefit for those "smart" (old enough) to have gotten into the market in the 80/90s.

Also, NZ, Canada, USA etc might continue to experience this sort of disconnect between the local economy and the housing market because we have a fairly honest government and we have good schools, clean water, regulations for the environment, etc. making these countries attractive spaces for the global elite to purchase homes. Labor has moved to the third world and the rich third worlders are looking to enjoy their wealth.

Property developers, real estate, home owners, and governments (bigger tax base) love this.

Furthermore, Chinese love to invest in property. As long as China keeps producing tons of money the wealthy are going to look for places to park that money.
>>
Old Zealand was so much better.
>>
>>46734
That meme is as dead as the Bain family.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.