[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VA to start providing same childlike joy as Disneyland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1436316193519.jpg (98 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
1436316193519.jpg
98 KB, 1000x600
WASHINGTON — After backlash at Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert McDonald’s comments that the VA should not judge success by wait times because Disney does not, McDonald clarified that the VA will actually attempt to provide the same amount of youthful wonderment as major theme parks.

“The VA has always been about putting on a spectacle,” said McDonald while donning a Mickey Mouse costume. “Like Disneyland, our employees are fully prepared to keep the magic of pretending to care alive.”

Officials say veterans will get more than the much discussed waiting times.

“They will now get the added joy of riding MRI Mountain, the Haunted Hearing Booth, and the PTSD Adventure,” says a spokesman. “Veterans calling to schedule appointments will also be treated to the Telephone Merry-Go-Round.”

Veterans like Orlando resident Steve Hill agree that the VA being more like an amusement park would be an improvement.

“I almost died waiting for treatment at the Orlando VA Medical Center,” said Hill, “but thankfully someone called the local Disneyland first responders. They saved my life and had me back in the VA waiting room before my name was even called. Theme parks know how it’s done.”

“We actually do consider wait times to be a measure of success,” Iger said. “Along with customer satisfaction, return on investment, and social value. Please, Mr. McDonald, don’t sully the Disney brand by putting us in the same category as one of the worst government agencies ever.”

McDonald remains undeterred.

“Like you’ve all been saying, almost anything the VA does would be an improvement,” said McDonald. “And just like Disneyland visits, we plan to foster the same sense of hopefulness, disillusionment, and eventual loathing that all people come to feel towards Disneyland.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/23/va-secretary-disney-doesnt-measure-wait-times-so-why-should-va.html

http://www.duffelblog.com/2016/05/va-start-providing-joy-disneyland/
>>
>I'm outraged!
>He ought to apologize!
yawn
>>
>>46115

I was going to respond and then I saw the link to duffelblog.dipshit.org

Aside, from OPs shitty sources... Robert McDonald was the former CEO of Proctor and Gamble. Is he just a random CEO who happens to be completely retarded or is the belief that businessmen make good government leaders a bit off? Maybe he was trying to Vet Affairs even worse in an attempt to privatize it?
>>
>>46115
You know this is a satire site, right? This is off-topic
>>
>>46153
>>46153
The OP also linked to a real story about the topic so it balances out.
>>
>>46159

he mixed and matched in order to try and make his story seem more sensational, but ended up ruining it.

He should have just stuck with a decent source.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.