[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog fights off bear, saves owner from attack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: 1462464323641.jpg (74 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1462464323641.jpg
74 KB, 640x360
A Canadian man is thanking his dog for saving him from an attack by a protective mother bear.

Reid Roberts of British Columbia was running in Forest for the World Provincial Park with his dog, Pacer, Tuesday when they accidentally startled a mother bear and her two cubs, CBC reports.

“She didn’t hear us coming and we didn’t know she was there,” Roberts said. “She had no choice but to immediately go into attack mode.”

Roberts said the bear knocked him to the ground and was swatting him. He desperately tried to protect himself while pinned on the ground.

Roberts said Pacer was fighting the bear from behind, barking and biting at the bear’s legs. Pacer managed to distract the bear long enough for him to crawl away and hide behind some bushes.

Then, the bear came rushing toward him a second time. By now, Roberts was bleeding badly.

Pacer dove at the bear again, this time leading her down a path, away from Roberts.

Pacer managed to get away unscathed, but Roberts had to get 16 stitches.

“Pacer is my hero,” Roberts said. “He’s a great running partner.”

The female bear was euthanized by animal officials, and her cubs were transported to an animal sanctuary.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/trending-now/dog-fights-off-bear-saves-owner-from-attack/294526240
>>
>>45495
Sounds great! Guy should have been carrying a gun for moments like this, though.
>>
>>45500
Canada gun pick one
>>
>>45495
>The female bear was euthanized by animal officials,
For what? It was just defending her cubs for fucks sake.
>>
>>45507
>for what
For mauling a man.
>>
>>45507
>>45508
This.
Once a beat gets a taste of Man's succulent blood, it's best to off it before it can thirst for more.
>>
>>45505
s-son
>>
>>45507
>for what

It wouldn't say sorry
>>
>>45507
The bear might have eaten the lawyer had they went to court for legal losses.
>>
>>45505
Canada has lots of guns anon.
>>
>>45500
Bear spray is actually more effective than guns at stopping bears.
>>
>>45784
Gave me a giggle m8
>>
>>45495
>hmm delicious canadian gay steak..

in Russia bears eat canadians . jpg

You cannot upload files on this board
>>
What a badass dog.
+1 for mans best friend, fuck you cats.
>>
>>45913
I don't like dogs. They're loud and annoying.
I like quiet, comfy, cats.
>>
If I was that guy I would pamper that dog for the rest of its life. Can you say extra daily rations and bi weekly steaks? Added title "Fighter of Bears" on collar.
>>
>>45914
Dogs - would defend you with their life, are pretty cool and doesn't afraid of anything...if you die, get would seek revenge on the bear, and would try to revive you or get help, if you die, would go into mourning, wandering the desert for 40 days and 40 nights, seeking forgiveness before considering Seppuku (ritual suicide)

Cats - would watch your demise with a mild interest, then strip your corpse of valuables to pawn, then sell it to the highest bidder. Would then urinate on you before immediately forgetting your existence, and looking for a new owner or something to kill or eat.

Dogs; +1
Cats; -1

Dogs are a true friend, cats are more like an acquaintance.
>>
>bear attacks man for sneaking up on him
>this is nature
>bear convicted of illegal behaviour
>bear arrested and sentenced to death
>bear is a single mother
>whereabouts of father unknown
>'the bear is survived by her cubs, who were taken into care'
>orphan cubs grow up in custody on welfare
>'society prepares the crime, the criminal commits it'

Was it a black bear?
>>
>>46913
Black bears statistically commit more attacks then all other bears

So of course police are going to focus on their neighborhoods
>>
>>45510
>it's best to off it before it can thirst for more.

I, also, have a 0 tolerance policy for man-eating beats
>>
>>46910
Kek
>>
>>45495
The selflessness and courage of a dog protecting his master at times transcends any understanding of courage or bravery but here we see it, a dog no taller than 2 feet attacking an enraged bear to protect his master from its wrath.
At any point the dog could run, but it stays and distracts the bear leading it away. Does it understand the mother bears instincts and fears? Does it have a primal understanding of the pragmatic service it's master provides? What compels this animal to risk it's life in defense of it's master?
>>
>>46948
That bear dindu nuffin
>>
>>46964
Food. It needs fed later.
>>
>>46964
scientific study has shown dogs understand human emotions better than each others. the domestication of dogs have made them empathetic to humans and ingrained with them. dogs think of their masters not as masters but as their family. the dog in the news story is doing the same thing a child would be doing in that situation, trying to save their parent.
>>
Great job, doggo
>>
>>47231
Great job, doggo
>>
>>45507
This was the only problem with the only story.
>>
>>46910
2/10
>>
>>47041
Yeah dude, that's why other pet animals can be seen doing this exact same shit every week, right?
>>
>>45868
Bear spray doesn't kill the bear though. Making a bear angry with a sub par spray would lead to a worsened situation. You anti-gun fags never stop, do you?
>>
>>45507
>>47295

>defending

Defending from what exactly?
>>
>>47418
Not him, but how does the bear know what the intent of the human is? Maybe she had run-ins with guns before, maybe bears are just dicks in general. We have no idea what the previous experiences of the bear were, though I do agree that the guy was injured and probably could have been scared off without being mauled.
>>
>>47439

You didn't answer the question.
>>
>>47443
We don't know exactly why the bear attacked, we can't, but I would guess that she was being cautious because she had no idea what the guy might have done to her cubs. She may have had some run-ins with guns before, therefore being extra twitchy, or maybe all bears are dicks and attack anything within 20 feet of them, in which case I don't think there's much we can do.
>>
>>47443
I'll answer you. You're sitting here expecting me to say 'a helpless human.' you want this answer because you think that a fucking bear is to blame for its own mental incapability to distinguish threats from non-threats. How many other animals are there in that bears environment that look like a human? When is the last time you saw a bear process a logical answer to a stressful situation? They're not capable of it. The human is, however. The logical answer to this entire deal is PAY ATTENTION IF YOU IN A FOREST WITH BEARS. Human at fault.
And before you even try, I'm as far from a liberal PETA faggot as possible. I still see no reason why a guy who doesn't even know when a bear is 10 feet away from him is allowed to continue walking through forests with no consequence. He should have died, and if SOTF wasn't deemed unfair by liberal Dems, he would be dead.
>>
>>47345
Any gun you could go running/hiking with likely won't kill the bear either, even with a full mag.

A spray specifically designed to incapacitate is a shitload more effective against large animals than a bullet, and you'd know that if you've ever hunted or knew anything about hunting.
>>
>>47480
He raised a good dog, though. Managed to come out of a bear attack unscathed.
>>
>>47480

ow the edge
>>
>>47480
Black bears are widely known as "Black Ghosts" because their fur colo and quiet movement means that MOST of the the time you encounter one its because it just popped up outta nowhere a few feet away. You hafe clearly never been in the woods in your life, STFU city slicker retard. You know nothing avout any of this real life shit but you think you know it all because LOL MUH VIDYA GAEMS
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.