[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moms can now leave unwanted infants in a climate-controlled box
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1
>In her mid-30s, Monica Kelsey learned her life began in tragedy. Her mother, at the age of 17, had been attacked, raped and left for dead. In the aftermath of her assault, she decided to have an abortion, still illegal in 1972. But at the underground clinic she had a change of heart, according to Kelsey's autobiography, and continued with her pregnancy. Later, she would abandon her infant when Kelsey was two hours old.

>More than four decades later, Kelsey is now a volunteer firefighter and anti-abortion advocate. She's among those leading the charge to install climate-controlled baby boxes — places for mothers to anonymously deposit their unwanted children — across Indiana, the first of which were placed at the end of April.

>"This is not criminal," Kelsey recently told the AP. "This is legal. We don't want to push women away."

>The boxes work a bit like a cross between a library book drop-off and a people-pod you might find in a Japanese capsule hotel. Padded and kept at comfortable temperature, the small box automatically alerts emergency responders within a minute of a baby being deposited. Kelsey told the IndyStar that the incubator locks after a baby is placed inside, and any baby left in one will be retrieved within five minutes.

>The first receptacle was recently embedded in the brick wall of a fire station in the Indiana town of Woodburn, near the Ohio border. Another box followed in Michigan City. Each box costs between $1,500 and $2,000, according to Kelsey; Indiana's Knights of Columbus will fund the initial batch of 100.

>Baby boxes are legal thanks to so-called safe haven legislation, also known colloquially as Baby Moses laws. In 1999, then-governor of Texas George W. Bush signed the first Baby Moses bill into law, in the wake of 13 dead infants found in Houston trash bins.

https://archive.is/4dbNZ
>>
Seems like a good idea to me
>>
Huh. Bush signed that. Interesting.

I think in the Netherlands or Germany you get to leave behind info as the parent which is given to the child at a later age
>>
>>42944
I like the lady and the sentiment behind the idea, but why boxes? Why can't this be handled in delivery rooms or through midwifes?

I don't think the boxes are child abuse, but I doubt the process is actually anonymous, and I'm sure the person checking the boxes would also be better employed picking up the children from hospitals, homes, and public places.
>>
What a world we live in.
>>
>>42944
i hate this state

"dont worry honey, even tho you cant have an abortion to fix this mistake you can still leave it on the taxpayer's door! now through a convienient Baby Box!"

not to mention, theres no way finding dead babies in the trash is common enough to warrant this?? if you want to avoid dead babies in the trash maybe you should be campaigning for better sex ed and contraception access fool

this literally solves no problems. it just changes them.
>>
>>42944
This will only help spread inferior genes. Abortion gets rid of the offspring of undesirables such as blacks, hispanics, the long term unemployed, criminals, rapists, inbreeders, etc. Cut the jesus crap(as if anyone in that state really cared) and just push for more abortions
>>
>>42985
Any statistics on those types of people actually getting abortions compared to others?
>>
>>42944
Just have a place where you can turn them in in person. It should at least take some sort of legal process before they can get rid of their baby, but I don't think they should be barred from doing so because that leads to dumpster babies. This idea just makes it so easy there won't be a second thought.
>>
>>43094
Well people aren't popping out babies because it's fun to go through the birthing process. Just because you put a box on the side of a building you aren't getting a bunch of girls going "ok! Now I can have an unwanted pregnancy!"
>>
>>42959
I think the intention is to remove human contact entirely. They want to be able to drop off babies and not get stared at.
>>
>>42959
>>43111
it's for legal reasons to do with the cited Baby Moses laws
>>
Sweet, means i don't have to prowl around the baby ward to get some new (;
>>
>>43091
A fucking ton I used to have, go google.
>>
>>43120
JOEYS A FUCKING RIPPA
JOEY SNATCHED A BABY.
>>
>>43120
They lock lad
>>
>>42944

Has one ever been used? Will one ever be used over the course of 5 years?

Every single time an infant is found abandoned on the street it makes the news -- how frequent could it possibly be, and what percentage of those mothers would possibly be in the state of mind to find and drop off such a child when they are otherwise in a social and mental environment in which nobody seems to notice/care that they are pregnant (and then suddenly no longer, yet not with a child).
>>
>>42944
I live in Indy, and I hadn't heard of this.
Will the babies just go into orphanages then?
>>
How much does it cost to keep these boxes at "comfortable temperature" 24/7? Does it need specific staff that keeps waiting in case the alarm goes off once a baby is dropped in?
>>
/sigh

I live in Michigan City.
>>
>>42944
WE
>>
I can only hope that this causes some entrepreneurial young women to begin having as many children as they possibly can and flooding their system with orphans. When there's more orphans than people, nobody will need parents, and we'll move on to a new stage of humanity.
>>
>>43184

>be pissant
>have shit baby i don't want
>gonna drop it off at the good ol box
>reach for the handle
>it's locked
>>
what if you poop in it.
>>
>>43091
On mobile, look up something along the lines of abortion and crime
>>
>>43247
If it saves lives, it's worth it.
>>
You got to be fucking kidding me. For decades fire stations have been places a woman can abandon her child to a fireman. Now, they dont even have to deal with possible embarassment or guilt of handing it off to another human being... no, now you can just toss the fucker into the bin.

This feminist bullshit must be stopped.
>>
>>43693
it's too stop them dumping children in bins and stuff

ignore the fact that these mum;s are human garbage, it's for the sake of the child and that's it
she's much more likely to give the baby away if it's anonymous
>>
>>43693
These baby boxes have been around for years now. Didn't you see that documentary on netflix? The babies they took in were abandoned for various reasons. Some girls were beaten by their families for refusing an abortion and had to put it in the box, some couldn't afford the medical care or spend their lives nurturing vegetable babies, some were nervous wrecks who couldn't care for a baby period. Circumstances warrant desperate choices. You blaming feminism for this is just too outlandish it's sort of funny.
>>
>>43260
Fuck off
>>
>Abortions r ebil becuz Jesus ssid so
>here drop it in this bin :-$)))

Christcucks should be gassed
>>
i can't wait to throw some nails in one!11!XDxd EPICWIN
>>
what to do brathe
>>
This is perfect.

1. Find drop box location
2. Set up fake box
3. Get free babies say your getting them from alternate source fudge paperwork
4. Set up for profit adoption agency
5. PURE PROFIT!!!!
>>
>>43820
Forgot step 6

6. Any undesirable or hard to move product just go drop in real drop box
>>
>>43761
kek
>>
>>43820
7. get only black babies that no one wants to buy
>>
Yay now women don't need to bother with thise stupid kids anymore, just leave it to the state and your tax money.

Maybe they should just learn to be responsible?
>>
>>42944

Looks like an efficient way for the illuminati to anonymously collect infants for sacrifice to Baal
>>
>>42944
This is fucking stupid. How is this better than abortion? Children without parents have it tough. You're better off with removing the thing before it can breathe

People against abortion don't realize how hard of a decision it is to make. Carrying it through term and then dumping it in a box would be traumatic
>>
>>43987
Having some 40 year old gyno shove a blender-on-a-stick up your shit is more traumatic.
>>
>>43870
Tbh Baal was one of the cooler characters. He had panache which many of the other antagonists lacked. Plus he had that rockin haircut.
>>
>>44126
He got owned in Kings fam
>>
>>44106
That's not how abortions are done
>>
>>42944
What's the legal upper limit on the age of the child I can leave in there? Can I shove my 10 year old brat in there?

>"I WANT AN IPHONE!"
>"You're not going to get an iPhone. You're getting a new family!"
>>
>>43845
8. Say they're from Nigeria and sell to Angelina Jolie
>>
>>42944
Can I wait and take the baby after it's been put in box?
>>
>>44106
Actually it's a coat hanger
>>
inb4 someone bombs the baby box
>>
>>44215
inb4 someone eats the baby
>>
>>42944
>Hey Hoosier lady, don't wanna be a mom? Just put your baby in this box and the magical tax dollars will solve all problems!

>Hey all men, don't wanna be a dad? Fuck you, lazy deadbeat! How dare you not take responsibility for your actions!
>>
This will definitely not cause overpopulation and tax hell.
>>
Ever heard of the giver?
>>
Hopefully the kids will go to better homes than the shitty ones their teen parents could have given them.
>>
>>42972
Still better than nc.
Every other week the state government goes full damage control. We have no clue how to finance our own state, nor how to recover from from deficit outside of dropping property tax. If we tried the baby box thing we would probably screw it up. Also about the sex ed part, my state basically doesn't teach anything about safe sex or sex its self and more about the birthing process. Somehow its still more information on its own subject than say drivers ed which only goes into the intro to the required areas of the curriculum on law and safety.
>>
>>43266
It's only locked for as long as there's a baby inside, which won't be more than a few minutes between being dropped off and the nurses collecting it from the other side
>>
>>44741
what if i put a rock inside instead
>>
>>44794
Then you waste 5 minutes of someone's time.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.