[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Female cyclist plays sexism card
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0
"They couldn't give it to me and said I'd been on the programme too long, that I was too old at the age of 25. Shane said that I should just move on and go and have a baby."

"As with all other riders on the track programme, she was subject to a performance review following the worlds (championships) and the data did not justify Jess retaining a lottery-funded place on the podium programme as an athlete with medal potential in this Olympic cycle or the next," said Sutton in a statement released by British Cycling.

"Jess has been a great athlete to work with and it's important to me that the valuable contribution she made to British Cycling and women's cycling during her time on the Great Britain Cycling Team is not forgotten."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/25/sport/british-cyclist-jess-varnish-baby-sexism/index.html
>>
>>42722
Suggesting a woman might be happy having a child? How horrible!
>>
>>42726
>implying 25 is too old to do anything
>>
>>42742
It's getting close to being too old to have healthy children.
>>
>>42742
Competetive athletics? Yeah, its getting there
>>
>>42745
~15 years away is close to you?
>>
>>42767
>Experts say the average woman's fertility peaks in her early 20s. So from a strictly biological perspective, this is the best decade for conceiving and carrying a baby.
>As you get older, your ovaries age along with the rest of your body and the quality of your eggs gradually deteriorates. That's why a younger woman's eggs are less likely than an older woman's to have genetic abnormalities that cause Down syndrome and other birth defects.
>>
>he said, she said
Gee I wonder who is a more reliable witness here, the spurned woman who is upset with the organisation, or the public servant who could lose everything if he acted so unprofessionally.

I can't believe anyone is taking her seriously.
>>
>>42742
25 is too old to win an Olympic gold medal in gymnastics if you are a woman.
>>
>>42777
Are you kidding me, a womans word is all that is needed to jail a man for rape.

He is screwed.
>>
>>42742
To be baseline infantry, win gold medals in certain sports, to be drafted on a team, etc etc.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.