[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'Fat shaming' cards handed to London Tube passengers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 1
File: 1448945883459.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1448945883459.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34969424

"we object that the beautiful pig is used as an insult. You are not a pig you are an ugly human"

I'm going to have to ask that fatty to go and get me some new side as mine just went into orbit.
>>
>>3970
>tfw will have no trouble fitting in the space shuttles that take our sides to mars and beyond
>tfw landwhales will literally be denied based on the laws of physics
>not that they would survive on the limited dietary options and strenuous activities required of colonizing martians

>thank mr gravity
>>
>>3970
>Officer! Help! That man was mean to me!
>>
>>4009
Speaking of space, unless men can defy their biology it'll only be women going to Mars. Men need almost double the calories that women need, and still complained like a landwhale forced to eat a salad

>men won't go to space because too fat

http://www.themarysue.com/women-use-less-calories-than-men-lets-send-ladies-to-mars/
>>
>>4017
>even when everyone was getting the same amount of exercise

Yes because a 6' 200lb male who has trouble maintaining weight on a 3k/cal diet is comparable to a 5' 100lb caloric sponge.

The man is exerting more energy simply existing due to his size. How fucking retarded are the people green-lighting these research projects.
>>
>>4022
>4chan user knows more than scientist

Even not factoring in exercise, men won't see Mars until long after its made habitable by superior women.
>>
I wonder who is behind these groups, weird there is no description of who was handing out the cards. It was probably just some teenagers doing it for the lulz.
>>
I suspect this is a Fat Acceptance false flag design to evoke sympathy from the general population, or possibly one of those orchestrated media events like the Dad Bod was. There have only been two reported instances of this happening with both recipients being female and with the second report from the journalist having no proof.

The card is also very poorly made with poor spelling and grammar, and the message is convoluted as if to show that "fat shamers" are intellectually deficient.

Unless more confirmed reports come forth about this I will continue to be suspicious.
>>
>Ms Florish said she was "smaller than the national average
as if that's some kinda fuckin excuse
>>
>>4032
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/8302176/British-women-become-the-fattest-in-Europe.html

kek, don't think it is unreasonable to say that the average weight for British women has gone down since the study was done.
>>
>>4034
Englishman here. I rarely see fat people and the ones I do are ALL working class. Usually they're not america-tier fat either.
>>
>>4017
We'd send hundreds of robots before ever sending a team of all women.

Not like it's gonna happen in your lifetime, though. Not before we get fusion reactors that self sustain.
>>
>>4031
Fat shamers usually are idiots, though.
>>
>>4079
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>Writing on Facebook, Ms Florish said she was "smaller than the national average and not exactly obese", and was "not upset" by the card

lol
>>
>>4080
but he's right. It's usually skinnyfat teenage douchebags who are failing at everything else in life. You want to attack HAES-ers and the fat acceptance movement and all that nonsense, go ahead. But just randomly shaming fat people for existing? Fuck off. And it's almost always a scrawny DYEL too, so go lift a weight. We need skinny-shaming so fuckers like you will stop offending me with your pencil-necks and toothpick legs.
>>
>>4017
>women will have to do the hard work while men put their feet up

About time too.
>>
>>4017
Reminds me of the anime Rocket Girls.
>>
>>4096
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH

your fat

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
>>
>>4096
Hello, tumblr, nice to see you. I've been doing fine, how are you?
>>
>>4220
>how are you?
She's fat.
>>
>>4096
Jesus christ tumblr just kill yourself already
>>
>>3970

I haven't really expected to even crack a smile but I laughed my fucking ribs open, I'm gonna need stitches to get this sorted.

I have to say, the UK is probably the last place I'd expect someone doing something so anti PC in public, in an organized, deliberate way.
>>
>>4017
>Using a feminist, biased source
>>
>>4023
>superior women
it hurts
>>
>>3970
Good. Fat people should be ashamed. Maybe they'll lose the weight. They can change, they can lose the weight. They just refuse to. And i get that its harder for some to lose weight than others, but people aren't trying, or using ineffective weight loss strategies. Even if there are conditions that prevent people from losing weight, most of these people are probably still capable of losing those extra pounds.
>>
>>4096
The most cancerous post I've read all week. If I wasn't so sure it was bait I'd probably be bothered by it.
>>
>>4014
It's the UK. They basically have Thought Police at this time. "Being mean to someone" is more than enough of a crime there.
>>
>>4317
europoors, when will they learn?
>>
>>3970
Are those... pierced teeth?
>>
Leftists are a fucking joke.
>>
I'm fat. I'm not proud of it. There's nothing sexy about it. It's also entirely my fault.

Why is that so hard for people to say?
>>
>>4324
Gums, but yes
>>
>>4349
I'm fat. I understand that it's not attractive, biologically speaking. I wouldn't place all the blame on myself, but it is my fault that I choose to stay this way.

>Why is that so hard for people to say?
I guess, people look for ways to blame their surroundings more than anything else. I suppose it's part of human nature. The worst though, is when people say that being overweight is alright and continue to live that way.
>>
>>4017
Then why did they send men to the moon?

checkmate atheist
>>
>>4403
The article did have an answer for that question. Why don't you just read it?
>>
>>4009
>implying fat passengers shouldn't be given two seats for the price of one
Check it erryday.
>>
>>4527
Why don't we just build two spaceships?
One for fat people, and one that isn't made of bacon.
>>
>>3970
>Ltd

I like them already
>>
>>4291
science proves that when people try to lose weight, most of them actually GAIN weight. so by telling someone to lose weight, you actually make the problem worse. Everyone just has to be comfortable in the body the're in, exactly as it is now. There's just no changing it.
>>
>>4609
>Theres just no changing it.
Kek. You just have to be willing to work for it. The problem is simply that most fat people are lazy and go for quick fixes. Weight loss is entirely possible, it just doesn't happen over night and takes consistency in effort.
>>
>>4017
>believing that shit
>>4077
We'll be on Mars within 20 years, that statement will be backed up in three days if I'm not mistaken
>>
>Type 2 diabetes can be cured through weight loss, Newcastle University finds

>Type 2 diabetes is traditionally seen as a chronic condition but weight loss reverses the disease, scientists have shown. Millions of people suffering from Type 2 diabetes could be cured of the disease if they just lost weight, a new study suggests.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12027265/Type-2-diabetes-can-be-cured-through-weight-loss-Newcastle-University-finds.html

HAES BTFO
>>
>>4102
>>4213
>>4220
>>4224
>>4192

TOP KEK
O
P

K
E
K
>>
>>4609
>science proves
>There's just no changing it.
You're so full of shit.
>>
>>4079
being fat is inherently shameful
>>
>>4529
One to mars, one to the sun?
>>
>>4022
So manlets would be ideal for populating other planets?

>lanklets btfo
>>
>>4096
>projecting this hard
>>
This board is really shitty

Hope they delete it before it becomes /pol/ again
>>
>>3970
>Writing on Facebook, Ms Florish said she was "smaller than the national average and not exactly obese"
>not exactly obese

Oh boy, gotta love those half-way words.
You're either obese or not. There is no "not exactly obese".
>>
>>5506
How about "overweight"?
>>
>>5531
Not obese, but think that this campaign is running against all fat people. Overweight, obese, or otherwise.
>>
This is entirely unimportant non-news. It holds no value, and has no larger meaning.
Could we please keep identity politics and that sort of filth on /pol/, and attempt to make /news/ a place for actual news? If not, there's really no purpouse for this place, it will just be a slow /pol/ 2.0, which is entirely redundant.
>>
>>5600
/new/ 3.0 you mean. /pol/ is the successor to /new/, the old News board, which was basically /pol/ but worse.
>>
>>5605
True. But I think you get my point.
I'd also say that I feel like current /pol/ culture is more cancerous and stagnant than old /news/ ever was, which kind of separates them. But you're right.
>>
But for real.

Why do fat women make the problem worse with their shitty hairstyles and whatnot?

Hey, I'm obese! I'll draw attention to myself even more by dying my hair fucking fire engine red!
>>
>>5610
True. While /new/ had the basic premise of current events to stimulate some dynamicity in discussion politics lends itself to stagnation. At least they aren't invading every other board with their once-ironic garbage that they were until a year or two ago.
>>
>>3970
Isn't this more a "social phenomenon" than recent news?
>>
>>3970
>twitter post by hamgalaxy getting handed the card and calling them cowardly

They literally handed it to her directly. TO HER FAT FACE.
These are some of the bravest activists I've ever seen.
>>
>>4023
> 4chan user is scientist
>>
>>4096

██████████████████████████████████████
█░░░█░█░█░█░░███░█░░███░░▀█▀░▀█░█░░░██
██░██░▀░█░█░▀███░█░▀███░▀▄█░▀░█░██░███
██░██░▄░█░█▄░███░█▄░███░▄▀█░▄░█░██░███
██░██░█░█░█░░███░█░░███░░▄█░█░█░██░█░█
██████████████████████████████████████
███████▀▀░░░▄███████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░▀▀▀
█████▀░░░░▄██████▀▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
███▀░░▄█▄████▀▀░░░▄▄▄█████████████████
███░░█████▀▀░░▄▄██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░
███▄░░░▀▀░░▄▄████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████▄▄▄░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░
████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███████████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄
>>
>>4017
>unless men can defy their biology it'll only be women going to Mars. Men need almost double the calories that women need, and still complained like a landwhale forced to eat a salad

And unless women were responsible for creating, building, and maintaining everything worthwhile on the planet, it'll be men deciding who goes.
Your attitude only serves to widen the divide, and continue damaging mistrust.
last all-women team I heard of was Ghostbusters.
How'll that work out, do you think?
>>
>>5052
zingers zingers zingers
>>
>>4317
Britbong here. I can confirm this is 100% accurate
>>
>>4516
>reading shitty random femnazi articles
yeah sure
>>
>>4648
...Right.

You know that robots don't need food, water, air, or gravity and are (mostly) unaffected by radiation right?
>>
>>4516
>Reading The Mary Sue

top lel
>>
>>4096
>implying my 115 lbs ass isn't better than your fat one
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.