[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Michigan woman whose baby died in garage gets life in prison
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 1446686881716.jpg (62 KB, 800x596) Image search: [Google]
1446686881716.jpg
62 KB, 800x596
A young Detroit-area woman who gave birth in a cold garage and left the baby to die apologized Tuesday before a judge ordered a mandatory sentence of life in prison without parole.

The body was discovered at a recycling center in January 2015 after being placed in a bin at a curb in Eastpointe, a Detroit suburb. Police soon learned more: The baby boy was born in a garage weeks earlier, just before Christmas, and was left there to die from exposure while Angela Alexie was inside the house.

"I didn't mean for it to happen," Alexie, 25, told a Macomb County judge. "I wish I could take it all back."

At trial, her lawyer said involuntary manslaughter was a more appropriate charge, but a Macomb County jury disagreed and convicted Alexie of child abuse and murder committed during another felony.

Outside court, county prosecutor Eric Smith said: "This case disgusts me."

"She had plenty of options, plenty of alternatives," he said. "No one leaves a newborn in a garage."

Judge James Biernat Jr. noted that Alexie's three other children had earlier been removed from her care. She acknowledged a long history of heroin and cocaine use.

The baby's death and discovery of the body shocked the community. More than 100 people attended a wake, and the boy was buried at a cemetery in Clinton Township. Morgue employees named him Henry Alexander Macomb.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michigan-woman-whose-baby-died-garage-faces-sentencing-054023143.html
>>
>Detroit poorfag
>Addicted to cocaine
>Had her fourth child
This is why the world is doomed
>>
>>39623
>blah blah blah niggers
>offender is white

Back to pol
>>
>life imprisonment for leaving a new-born baby in a garage
>but there would have been no punishment if she had induced a late miscarriage on herself a day earlier

Life begins at conception
>>
>>39623

>article about some white piece of shit putting her baby in a recycle bin
>anon complains about black people
brilliant
>>
>>39657
He is an angry white male. These low IQ white trash losers are everywhere in the US. Most are angry that despite having all the privileges of being born white in America, they still cant compete against immigrants. Most immigrants are not citizens when they come to the US so have few rights. Still they end up doing better than most white trash despite enormous obstacles
>>
>>39606
>Morgue employees named him Henry Alexander Macomb.
for some reason that got to me.
>>
>>39747
what about the fact that the lawyer looks like Ron Jeremy
>>
>>39606
>leaves newborn to die in garage
>lawyer goes for -involuntary manslaughter-
1) not involuntary
2) knew she was killing it so not manslaughter

i might not be a big fancy chicken lawyer but wtf?
>>
>>39751

Somebody doesn't understand what "advocate"
(aka lawyer) means.
>>
>>39738
Here is your (you).
>>
Putting someone in prison for life over an irrational decision that person made, which is unlikely to ever be reproduced even if she was freed:

Pros:
>None

Cons:
>hundreds of thousands of dollars spent to keep her in prison over her entire life: yes, guards, food, and the infrastructure cost money
>the person's family suffers even more
>the person suffers from abuse in the prison, with her human rights being violated
>opportunity cost: the money used to keep her in prison could actually save many lives, if it was spent for better uses (be it charity or healthcare, depending on your tastes)
>>
>>39815
Oh ya, she committed murder. Let her go.
>>
Poor and uneducated people are literally the worst. She had a few tries but she can't function. Take her out back and pull the trigger
>>
>>39818
What's your argument again? She obviously shouldn't just be freed - she should undergo rehabilitation and treatment, so that things like that don't reproduce. For one, she should be taught more about birth control and abortion, and taught how to get her impulsive behavior under control.

Also, that baby wasn't conscious at that point, so I wouldn't call that murder. It isn't really human until it acquires consciousness. If something never had a consciousness at all, how is it even human?
>>
>>39821
People don't even agree abortion is a thing people should be legally allowed to do and you think we will rehabilitate her to learn about BC and abortion?
Should that be what happens? Maybe, but it won't in America
>>
>>39821
So we should be able to abort until age 18?
Got it.
>>
>>39826
What are you even trying to convey? A person should be able to abort whatever is inside of them whenever they want, no matter how old the person who desires to get an abortion is.

On the other hand, I'm not saying that killing something that had already been born but hadn't yet reached one year of age (when self-recognition and consciousness emerges) should be classified as manslaughter. That thing was never conscious to begin with, so it shouldn't be put on part with people.
Certainly such things shouldn't be tolerated, but in no way should that person be charged with crimes relating to children or manslaughter - that thing was neither a child, nor on par with a conscious person.
>>
>>39606
Just think. If she'd killed it the day before, she'd probably have gotten off with a slap on the wrist.
>>
>>39623
Do you not see OPs pic? The woman is whiter than most white people. trash is trash whether its trailer trash or ghetto trash and nowadays the two often blend together

As for the woman herself, out of all the options, why leave it to die of exposure? Theres a dozen ways to get rid of a baby no or few questions asked. I stick to muh 420blazeit and ive never tried the drugs shes on and never will but I couldnt imagine anything making you that stupid. She must be naturally super ignorant
>>
>>39606
I keep seeing stories like this every day here and on MailOnline. But not one ever tells the true story! These 'babies' are nigglits. The white mommas are so ashamed and hate the black rapists who impregnated them for whitey-hate, so they kill the babies. I think they are true heroines.
>>
>>39998
Interesting claim, care to show some evidence?
>>
>>39830
So if I have a baby, raise it for 11 months and 30 days, decide I don't want it anymore, I should be able to kill it and then my only punishment should be sending me to some rehab center?

Are you retarded or just trolling? Either way, please never reproduce.
>>
>>39627
Yes but was the baby white?
>>
>life in prison without parole

That seems awfully steep.
>>
>>39830
Life begins at conception, not birth, not at 1 years old.
>>
>>40077
i agree its fucked up and i feel bad for her, hopefully she somehow gets lucky and released.

i have empathy for people
>>
>>39821
I say you split the difference.

She gets a choice....

Life in prison or forced sterilization plus 10 years community service working with kids in Pre-K programs.

Hopefully, after a few years of working with 4-5 year old kids and realizing what she threw away, she will off herself.
>>
>>39738
>let me explain why white privilege isn't a thing while asserting that white privilege is a thing
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.