[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bernie Trashes One-Sided Mideast Policy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 0
Bernie Sanders has just called out American politicians for their one-sided approach to the conflict between Israel and Palestine.

here's the link:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/16/politics/bernie-sanders-israel-democratic-politics/index.html
>>
Meanwhile, American voters trash Bernie Sanders.
>>
>>39176
They'll finally trash him in June and we won't have to deal with him again!
>>
>>39154
Way to kill your campaign Bernie
>>
>>39154
I agree. Israel had every right to retaliate, but the way they've fought hamas has killed a lot of civilians.

This not only creates a moral dilemma, but also a practical problem. People in gaza will continue to support Hamas the more they get pissed off at Israel
>>
>>39176
But Bernie is Jewish; he is one of the few that can get away with calling out Israel without being called the reincarnation of Hitler.
>>
>>39327
>the way they've fought hamas has killed a lot of civilians.

name an alternative.
consider the fighting strategy of the enemy here, given the size of the country and the proximity of its peoples to danger salad.
>>
>>39387
Not ostracizing all the Palestinians would be a good start. All the mortar strikes come from settlement areas. They put a never ending supply of Hamas recruits on their own doorstep, so I don't feel sympathy for them. Practicing a little humility or progressive thinking might actually help?
>>
I don't see how the US can support a country that is practicing an effective apartheid against Palestinians. Have you seen their walls? It's unreal. The sad part is, in recent years, US policy is unflinching in its support of Israel. What will it take for us to take a more neutral foreign policy? Jimmy Carter has a good stance on the issue I believe.
>>
>>39476
I blame the fundies thinking that Israel is a important part of the Armageddon they so crave.
>>
>>39476
I don't know, I don't doubt Arabs would make their move if Israel got soft. I know plenty of Muslims/Arabs that would spit on the Israeli flag.
>>
>>39501
American policy will always be pro israel because like every western nation it is controlled by jews...Most prominent americans are too fearful to criticize jews lest their careers be destroyed
>>
I agree with him, but RIP his campaign
>>
>>39476
>Have you seen their walls
walls were built for the sole purpose of preventing suicide attacks coming from the west bank. it was either big a big wall or make a shitload of checkpoints and increase military presence, which would you prefer?
>>
>>39436
Hamas can't lose in their situation,
If Israel strikes Hamas, they will inevitably kill civilians due to Hamas having no uniform and their proximity to civilians. this turns Israel into a villain in the international arena.
If Hamas kills Israelis, they are heroes in the eyes of the Palestinians.
If Israel manages in some miraculous way to kill Hamas fighters without touching the civilian population, they are seen as martyrs who died for the Palestinian cause, which gets them more support from the palestinians.
>Practicing a little humility or progressive thinking might actually help?
first of all, let's remember that Israel is a democratic country, so the government is under pressure from the Israeli population to end the security threat as quickly as possible with the smallest amount of harm done to the IDF (a conscription army, so the soldier are the family members of nearly everyone)
second, Hamas has no reason to negotiate for the reasons listed above, so the only way to get Hamas to the negotiating table is to use military force.

TL;DR anything Hamas does will gain either support from the Palestinians or hurt Israeli public relations. the only thing Israel could get out of the situation was a ceasefire.
>>
I used to be pro-Palestine until I met actual Palestinians and other Arabs. They opened my eyes to the fact that they have no more interest in peace than Israel does, and their end goal is to strike back at the Jews for their slights.

I dont recognize a talmudic claim on the land, but I say let the Jews conquer the rest of Palestine and push those retarded savages into their neighboring countries that share a common religion, a cultural affinity and (likely) a better standard of living than their shitty ghettos in Palestine. I don't care anymore. The Jews at the VERY LEAST know how to run an ethno-theocracy properly.

Who cares about a bunch of Muslims? They can go be muslims in jordan or egypt. You think they'd treat the Jews any better were the tables turned? Nope. It'd likely be worse.
>>
>>39973
It all boils down to the Ottoman Empire being long-gone and shit like the Kingdom of Saudi-Arabia and the Islamic Republic of Iran taking its place. Pure retardation going on for almost a century now. Not that the Turks did anything to improve their Empire while they still had it.
>>
Here's an idea: let the Palestinians govern themselves. The cultural/political differences are great enough to warrant them having their own country. End settlement, end the war. Problem solved
>>
>>40754
You all forget Israel and the UN proposed a PEACE PLAN
With land delimitations...

But noooo,greedy arabs refused,started a war
And they lost
Israel won

To the victor goes the spoils.

There is only one jewish state,everywhere else from western africa to southern asia ,there are muslim countries.
There is already a palestinian state,its called Jordan.
>>
>>40779
>greedy arabs refused

Someone breaks into your home, steals all your shit, and then offers a peace plan where he give back just your wallet and keeps the rest. Are you greedy and evil for rejecting? If he then shoots you in "self defense", is it justified?
>>
There is Only One side. But, A Five Sided Star. And A Four Horned ram. And a Third Nipple. And A Second Coming. And A first Son. And then There's Zero, The Forgotten Child, Who let Everyone Tell Him He's Behind.
>>
>>40910
Here's a better analogy, because yours actually isn't very historically accurate:

Your next door neighbor keeps telling across the backyard fence how much e hates you and your stupid fucking house. But he's good to take from you. Because fuck you. Every. Single. Day. And then one day, he starts showing up with his inbred family friends. And they start yelling the same shit every day.

Until finally you see the whollllle fucking lot of them outside in the street. About to storm you house, yelling shit, and lighting things in the street on fire. So then you decide to sneak around the back yard, go into your neighbor's house, and lock him and his drunk, inbred, pyro-loving family out. And you start watching football or some shit on their television. Because fuck them for being assholes to you for the past 80 years.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.