[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Queen Victoria Statue Returns to Dublin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: queenstatueDublin.jpg (1 MB, 2608x3881) Image search: [Google]
queenstatueDublin.jpg
1 MB, 2608x3881
The Office of Public Works (OPW) has issued a proposal to return a sculpture of the Queen Victoria, made by Irish sculptor John Hughes in 1908, to Dublin's planned new pedestrianised plaza at College Green. The statue is currently in Sydney, Australia, where it has stood outside the Queen Victoria Building since 1987, when the Irish government donated it on permanent loan.

So far this proposal has proved extremely controversial, with protesters adamant that it is an "unwanted relic of a bygone era", while those in favour of the statue's return argue that it is an accomplished piece of art by an acclaimed Irish sculptor, one that we should be proud of regardless of its historical relevance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Queen_Victoria,_Sydney#Proposed_Return_to_Ireland
>>
Op is a faggot
>>
jfc those royal torpedo titties
>>
Fuck the bitch
>>
>>38267
The bitch is back
>>
>>38275
I didn't know she was stacked like that.
>>
>>38267
Let Australia keep it. It will just be vandalized. I hope.
>>
>>38267
I want to motorboat queen Victoria
>>
>>38414
You're hundreds of years too late but luckily the closest equivalent is Hillary.
>>
Fuck the british pedophile aristocracy. Keep that statue out of Ireland and get Britain out in the meantime too.
>>
>>38402
m8 you don't even known. She knocked down entire armies with those bad boys.
>>
No wonder they got that Dr. Who girl to play her
>>
>>38267
The Irish are literally the British Isles version of BLM's protesters. Shitloads of grievances, very few anchored in historical fact.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.