[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should male and female soccer players be played the same?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 0
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=39119973&nid=141&title=us-women-soccer-players-sue-claim-pay-discrimination

>Players on the U.S. women's national soccer team say they are being discriminated against because they are paid less than members of the men's team

>The U.S. Soccer Federation said in a statement that it has supported the development of the women's game for the past 30 years, including pushing for the women's sport to be added to the Olympics in 1996 and to having prize money for the Women's World Cup, which paid nothing to winners prior to 2007. The Federation said it has also supported the creation of the National Women's Soccer League, which started in 2013, after three previous attempts at a women's league had failed
>>
>>36242
...No. The issue it's not the sex of the players, but the money produced by the spectacle, and as of now, people prefer to see MEN roll on the grass clutching their knees. Get to their theatric level and then you can get paid the same.
>>
>>36285
females are physically, emotionally and intellectually inferior to men and as an aggregate will always be paid less
>>
Men's soccer lost money last year, women's made money.
>>
>>36242
You should be payed in relation to what you generate. The women deserve more money because the don't suck. The men's team is a fucking joke.
>>
>cry sexism and cucks give you money and perks
>>
If it were up to me, both teams would be earning a LOT less than the women currently earn. The amount we pay entertainers is a fucking joke. It creates a culture where people want to grow up to get that 1/1000000 shot of being a sports star instead of investing in their future by reading books and doing well in class.

Overpaid clowns - all of them. Striking should also be illegal if you get paid more than 200,000/year.
>>
>Women's world cup winners losing by and average of 5 points against Under 15 boys teams

>expects to get paid as much as the men's team
>>
>>36336
THIS
H
I
S
I fucking hate """professional""" sports.
Also,
>People are literally able to get into college by being good at running, catching, and throwing
KILL ME
>>
>>36336
The amount an entertainer earns is a general indicator of how many people like that entertainer. Just because you don't like any entertainer doesn't mean others don't, they are paid by the people who are entertained.

>It creates a culture where people want to grow up to get that 1/1000000 shot
Who are you speaking for? Yourself?

>Striking should also be illegal if you get paid more than 200,000/year.
Now you are just being downright childish. Spite creates problems and pisses people off as well.
>>
>>36288
That's idiotic.
If you go by general statistics, yeah sure, but the same way you see a bunch of drunk assholes living on welfare there are women who could beat your (or mine) ass in any of those categories. And how the hell do you measure emotion?

And none of that matters when you can prove that the USA's male team of soccer is a joke, a joke so awful that it's the soccer equivalent of seeing "Made in China" on a christmas present and your female team is setting a standard.

This guy
>>36290
and this guy
>>36291
Know what's up.
>>
>>36357
This, this, forever this.

Women top tennissers get beat by smoking, drinking, sub 200 ranked men, while top footballers get embarrassed, not just beaten but EMBARRASSED by youth boys teams of the same nationality.

Screw the entertainment argument, they're just not GOOD ENOUGH to warrant a pay rise.
>>
>>36242
Yes and no. "Male" soccer is really just soccer with gender equality. The problem is that women could not compete with men and thus invented there own league which is sexist and denies male participation. They created their own "little league" and have to face the consequence of doing such.
>>
>>36242
I would vote for the State to pay women a wage for raising their own children before I voted for female athletes to make the same as males.

Unless the female team beats the male team, then I'd say in that one instance, the men should be paid less.

So set up the match and tell the women to bring their A-game.
>>
>>36336
This so much.

It's a retarded way to set up a society.

>"Lets make our teachers wallow in poverty while the worst students make hundreds of millions of dollars for catching a ball."
>>
>>36371
Yes, good goy... it's totally reasonable to strike even when you're making hundreds of thousands every year... who could live in those conditions? Certainly not an athlete.

We need more anti-scab laws.
>>
>>36417
So instead of a free market you want a utilitarian economy where the government decides all wages based on how important they think the job is?
>>
>>36291
>the men's team is a joke

If they played the women they would completely shut them out you know

Let's not pretend women's soccer and men's soccer is the same game, outside of the US and Germany no country pretends to care about women's soccer and they don't get any funding

The difference in talent pools is immense, us women's soccer does so well because its a relatively new sport and they play against nobodies but the men are competing with world class players that have been religious about the game for decades
>>
>>36425
I don't know what the solution is, but something has to change. We can see that the unmitigated free market has led to such outrageous outcomes as teachers living in poverty while retards make millions tossing a ball.
>>
>>36458
>something has to change

why do people talk like this? What has to change? What is so urgent about the cause of female soccer players?

The fact that they "generated" 20 mil more than the Men's team was based on operational costs, meaning the women's team ended up costing less in 2015 than they did in 2014 (women's world cup and THE world cup, respectively).

The entire point of televised sports is ad revenue. More people watch the US men's team overall and, just as important, more people watch men's soccer overall. So the overseas ad revenue even for a game like spain vs usa will work in favour of the american team's backend numbers.

this isn't fucking rocket-science.
>>
>>36285
>>36288
>>36357
>>36383
>>36391
>>36413
>>36451
you guys are completly retarded, it's not abour "hurr durr men wpuld beat women in a match so they deserve moar XD XD XD"

the women's team made more money than the men and they fucking won world cup (or what ever it is called) and STILL are paid less than men's team
>>
>>36461
this isn't difficult, m8. they didn't "make" more money, the key word used is "generate", as in, operational costs in 2015 were down 20 million from 2014. Saving money on production does nto equate to profit, in any industry.

Also:

>ad
>revenues

more people watch men play b/c it is perceived as more competitive

>more people watch
>more ad revenue generates
>no one cares about female soccer outside of 3 countries
>EVERYONE cares about male soccer outside of Antartica
>>
>>36464
WRONG. Europoor scientists watch male soccer religiously in Antarctica. Don't know or give a shit about women's soccer.
>>
>>36461
Why did you quote me if I said the same?
>>
>>36471
I want to go to Antarctica someday.
I'm certain that they could always use a helping hand.
>>
Soccer has to be the most boring thing in existance. The people who watch soccer are classless, senseless, idiots.
>>
>>36378
>men's soccer team is a joke

They do pretty well considering the quality of competition they face, the us women's team is one of the few female teams that are actual "pros" that can afford to practice full time so it shouldn't be a surprise that they do well
>>
>>36461
>won the world cup
no, they won the WOMEN'S world cup. Which is a much less significant accomplishment. It's so easy that even women can do it.
What do you think would happen if the US Men's team played in that same world cup?
>>
>>36622
>What do you think would happen if the US Men's team played in that same world cup?

Considering it's the US Men's team?
I think it would raise the morale and self-estheem of every feminist in the USA.

>>36582
I always wonder why the US care so little about soccer when they have World Series of sports played by 4~ countries.
>>
>>36626
>I've always wondered why the US cares so little about soccer

That's because soccer is gay
>>
>>36242
Are they both equally popular? If so then they should both make the equal amount of money. If not this is essentially the same as if little league baseball teams expected to get paid like the Red Sox.
>>
>>36422
It's not reasonable. Mock people for stupidity.

We don't need a Nanny state, or are you afraid your fee fees might get hurt?
>>
>>36461
And away back to tumblr with you.
>>
>>36357
That was just fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>36622
>One day the mens team decide they are trannies
>Enter the womens world cup
>Cream the entire womens global best
>Victory for America

It would be like that tranny who entered the womens MMA and has been the undisputed victor ever since.
>>
>>36242
The women don't generate the same type of revenue as the men, why should they make the same?

Everyone should get the same percentage of revenue they generate IMO, the more you bring in the more you make
>>
>>36242
>give me more money

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/03/us/abby-wambach-dui-arrest/index.html
>>
>commies in a news thread
It's good that you're trying to learn about the real world for once, but can't you do it faster?
>>
>>36378
Women's soccer is a joke.
Every semi-professionel soccer Club from a town would destroy the top of the women's League.

Source: German here, where soccer is actually a popular Sport.
>>
Who gives a dmn fuk!

Just play. I would love to see this. It would be intense
>>
>>36422
>good goy
You're the one arguing that employees shouldn't be allowed to ask for more money from their billionaire employers, mate. Who's the good goy now?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.