[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Refugees with infectious diseases will be allowed in Canada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 0
Refugees with infectious diseases as well as mentally ill patients will be assessed and admitted into Canada with the refugee program, Canadian health minister said in an interview.

This is on the back of taxpayer funded health care.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/refugees-with-infectious-diseases-will-not-be-denied-entry-into-canada-health-minister-1.2678993
>>
As long as they're under treatment I don't really see a problem with it. 99% of the shit they have can be fixed within a few days with a visit to the doctor.
>>
>>3570
No, they don't get into the country until they're better. The OP and his link are confusing, but the article clarifies that refugees are actually not allowed entry into the country until they've beaten the disease.
>>
>>3573
No. They will get a full screening before they leave , but WILL be admitted into the healthcare system in Canada with those diseases.
>>
>>3564
How many people could they realistically be talking about? 100? 1000 at most?
>>
>>3595
They are refugees. That means they may be from war zones and possibly traumatized. That also means they may have traveled in large groups with lacking access to hygiene.
The number could be quite high.
>>
>>3564
In the US refugees have been stopped from entering because of HIV. The courts ruled against it, though, and they were ultimately allowed in as part of a cynical government attempt to retain Guantanamo's lawless status. The original law was passed in congress by a large margin, but to be fair it resulted in massive riots, protests, and global outrage.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/06/15/us/haitians-with-hiv-leave-cuba-base-for-lives-in-us.html?pagewanted=all
>>
>>3595
Yes, likely only 100 or so. But it starts with 1. Spreads to another. And another.

Before you know it, an outbreak of TB where 50,000 people get sick.

That's how infectious diseases work.
>>
>>3605
>That's how infectious diseases work.

Yeah, but locking them out over something that may or may not happen is not how democracies work.
>>
>>3564
I smell an epidemic.
>>
>>3608
>democracies
Excuse me?
>>
>>3608
Canada also disallows known murders.
They may or may not murder again.
Obviously keeping them out is racist, right? We should let in all the murders because we're fair.
>>
>>3614
*murderers
>>
>>3615
My bad. Typing on my phone and it autocorrected. Thank you for the correction.
>>
>>3611

The protection of asylees and an amoral utilitarian minimalist approach of a government's interest are adversarial values, but a plurality of citizens (unique to democratic government) seem to air on the side of charity.

>>3614
Murder is different, but I believe even former child soldiers can qualify for admission and citizenship in the US.
>>
>>3622
Soldier-work is very different from murder.
>>
>>3622
>Murder is different
>These potential diseases have the possibility to kill people with weakened immune systems like those living with HIV

So, if I were to shoot you, that's not OK.
But if I were to give you a disease that killed you, that's OK?

How is that any different? Because it's unintentional? You get years for manslaughter for negligent murders.
>>
>>3623
>Soldier-work is very different from murder.
I see your point, but the ruling of murder by an illiberal state is also different from murder.

>>3624
Not all unintended transmission can be said to result from negligence in the same way that it can not all be said to be deliberate, and if you can't trust vetted foreigners to practice sound public health then why would you still trust the wider public?
>>
>>3627
I trust Canadians who have been vaccinated, have trust in the system and visit the doctor regularly. This is the vast majority of Canadians.

I don't trust people who are likely unvaccinated and generally weary of western doctors. These people keep their kids sick at home telling them just to deal with it until they end up dying.
>>
>>3637
>I don't trust people who are likely unvaccinated and generally weary of western doctors
To enter your country, even on a visa, vaccination (for particular viruses) is required. Refugees are exposed to additional screening. Like the vast majority of Canadians I also believe that they're self interested enough to not turn down health care that they would be receiving for free. After all, if they're already running for their live across the world then what reason would anyone have to not trust that they would walk a few blocks to the clinic and follow a doctor's instruction?

I'm not aware of any cases, much less a trend of, kids either being kept at home (out of school) or dying from lack of medical treatment related to or resulting from being kept at home. If you have a source other than your own intuition then please enlighten me. If you don't then consider that you may be racist.
>>
>>3622
>air on the side of charity
>air
It's 'err', and you're still using it wrong.
>>
>>3913
fuk u
>>
4chan gets a lot of Canadians so I'll bump this thread to the top...
>>
>>3564
Well, this will solve the problem. Trap them in Canada camps or whatever they are calling them. Let the disease populate and kill them all.

Seriously OP, you know we make up scary news we are bored. The only story here is yet another hit to the health care system. If our limited doctors don't know how to handle assessment and quarantine then I hope the few we do have get killed off.
>>
>>3564
Step 1: Send the Syrians to the Arctic.
Step 2: Have Santa bring them to United States children around the world.
Step 3: ??????
Step 4: Pr0fit
>>
>>4135
Santa is not real.
>>
>>4139
Shup Atheist!!!!
>>
>>3576
I say quarantine if its a serious illness, or make them wait. Maybe designate an area for them to stay while they wait it out, if not a hospital, a camp at least.
Are they allowing those infected with AIDS to come in?
>>
>>3614
Especially with the worlds groeing of rejection of vaccines, destroying our herd immunity.
>>
>>3643
>I'm not aware of any cases, much less a trend of, kids either being kept at home (out of school) or dying from lack of medical treatment related to or resulting from being kept at home.

You were saying?

http://www.masskids.org/index.php/religious-medical-neglect/cases-of-child-deaths

http://time.com/8750/faith-healing-parents-jailed-after-second-childs-death/

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/doctor-legislators-refusing-medical-care-isnt-religious-freedom-n320031

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/24/faith-healing-parents-charged-with-murder-for-refusing-kids-medical-care-should-they-go-to-prison/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3081412/Parents-trial-murder-refusing-infant-daughter-doctor-dies-water-intoxication.html
>>
>>3915
Excellent rebuttal
>>
>>4280
fucking THIS right here
>>
>>4280
Looking at these articles I can't help but think that this is going to weed out the stupid from the gene pool.
Though of course that's nonsense. Their genes are probably innocent of this. Someone could have used those same genes to create some semi-acceptable people.
>>
>>4523
Unfortunately, stupidity is not genetic
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.