[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is why pahjeet can't poo in the loo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0
"We are being told that water levels in the Ganges have declined by a fourth. Being located on the banks of one of the world's largest rivers, we never thought we would face a scarcity of water.''

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-35888535
>>
>Water tables have been declining in the Ganges basin due to the reckless extraction of groundwater. Much of the groundwater is, anyway, already contaminated with arsenic and fluoride

They didn't explain this so I looked it up

http://wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/about_freshwater/freshwater_problems/river_decline/10_rivers_risk/ganges/ganges_threats/

>Over-extraction [of water] for agriculture in the Ganges has caused the reduction in surface water resources. This has increased dependence on ground water, the loss of water-based livelihoods, and the destruction of habitat for 109 fish species, and other aquatic and amphibian fauna.

So it sounds like they did this to themselves by thinking the sacred water would just keep refilling no matter how much they pumped out of it.
>>
>>35286
>thinking that the sacred water would keep flowing
>Indians
>thinking

You're giving a bit too much credence to a nation whose plumbing advancements in the last century have comprised of "designating a singular street to shit in, as opposed to shitting in all streets indiscriminately"
>>
>>35317
Well they did have quite a good system and advanced mathematics before the Catholic Church decided to have its crusades and burn everything science related .
>>
>>35322
Go spout your inaccurate historical memes on /his/
>>
>>35322
You've got the wrong geographic peoples.
>>
>>35322
Let me guess "-that we still haven't recovered from."
>>
Things will only continue to worsen as the population of India and Bangladesh continues to expand unabated. Their growth won't be as severe as Africa but their populations are already gigantic to begin with so they don't need it.

>>35317
Epic memes!
JUST
>>
>>35338
There's no vassal of their lives untouched by Indian outsourcing, however.
>>
>>35322
Crusades never went to India bub
>>
POO
O
O
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.